main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh lol. [face_laugh]

But anyway, that was almost a year ago, and since then Tarados signed up again in March. Here. Proof! So, yeah, just ask less SW questions this time 'round, and don't repeat yourself, Akash. ;)

I also love how short all our collective memory spans are. :p

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I thought multiple people re-signed up for a second interview that was less (or not at all) Star Wars related. Otherwise you can skip me, if I'm the only one awkwardly repeating.

The none SW related questions seemed more interesting IMO as allowing people to get to know the user moreso than their opinions on SW related stuff that get expressed here constantly anyway.

I suppose if there's a really elaborate question on how I would do such-and-such differently or why I like or dislike something, those could work. But I don't know if saying my favorite SW planet or listing my favorite starships or something like that would add anything that the other interview and my day-to-day postings don't already cover.

4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    The board's "search function" is definitely our best friend here. I use it quite frequently.

BTW, Todd, I'm a little surprised we managed to get to Tarados that quickly. I was under the impression that the queue was much longer and that he would have to wait till February for his second go-round at the interview. We are making progress! And I am seriously up next, or were you just playing? I initially thought it was the latter, but now I'm not too sure! Please don't feel the need to bump me up in line over others who've signed up already, I can wait my turn...patience is a virtue. Plus, let any veterans who haven't had an interview opportunity get in front of me, they deserve it. [Maul voice]I've waited so many months for this interview. I can wait a little longer.[/Maul]

In any case, I'll try not to disappoint. ;)

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's up to you, Tarados. If you want, you can get an abbreviated interview focusing more on personal questions. That's also up to Akash's discretion. Otherwise we'll move on to the next person. Things have changed a bit in the last few months, and right now you are one of two people who signed up for a second interview. (though now I'm not sure who else is a repeat :p )

Circular, we moved things around a little to increase interest in these interviews. You're obviously excited about being interviewed, so you were moved ahead a bit. :) We want these interviews to be fun for everyone, and I think it would be a good opportunity to get to know some of the newer users such as yourself sooner rather than later. Help strengthen the LACWAC SWTV community, so to speak.

Circular Logic likes this.
  6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Oh, I figured there was more than that. :p

It's not a big deal, I'll pass on a second turn then. I make periodic posts of what's going on in my life in the social thread anyway. :D

7. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Fair enough. In that case, Ani501st is up next. Sorry for the confusion, everyone! AkashKedavra_93, you can start over, assuming Ani has no objections. :p

And then it'll be Circular's turn. For reals.

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    A Humble Jedi?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  9. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    WELCOME, LACWAC, TO OUR NEXT INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @Ani501st:
    1. Tell us more about your username!

10. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh and if one of the mods could change the title for Ani501st that'd be great. :)

11. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    1. My username is in reference to Anakin Skywalker "Ani" and 501st Legion to the 501st legion of clone.
    Concerning the first part of my username "Ani", Anakin Skywalker is my favorite character in the star wars universe. He is very human, of course he is human but in the prequels and in the trilogy as Darth Vader, he is kind of a mixture of all human feelings - fear, love, anger, happiness, sadness ... that makes him a very rich character. He is the central character of the saga and he has to deal with this chosen one thing. It is a big deal and the way he handles it, is very interesting. He is both weak and strong, he is confident, he believes in what he is doing. However, he also makes a big mistake as he falls to the darkside but it is pretty human, he wants to save the woman he loves because he thinks she could die. Then, you have his "rebirth" when he saves Luke. Hero, fall, rebirth. It is a character that you can rely on, not on every point but on some points. All of this makes him my favorite character. I also hesitated with taking Obi as the first part of my username as he is my second favorite character but like I was already using Obi ( not Obi alone ) on a sw game as username, I thought it would be nice to pick Anakin. I could have take Anakin501st but I thought it was better to take Ani, the nickname Padmé uses.
    I thought using my Zip Code/Region Code next to Ani ( for exemple Ani23 ) was quite basic. So 501st, I thought it fit with Ani. Anakin is the jedi in lead of the 501st legion so it was for me obvious to take 501st.

12. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    2. Ani501st: Which scene from the Star Wars saga do you feel was the best characterization of Anakin and why?

13. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    2. After thinking a lot to the question, I hesitated between two scenes. The first one being Anakin's fall in ROTS where Anakin helps Sidious to win the fight. The second being the rebirth , redemption of Anakin in ROTJ where Darth Vader "comes back" to Anakin Skywalker where he saves his son from the Emperor. Between those two scenes, I would say the scene from ROTJ because it contains the redemption of Anakin so it has strong feelings and contains a lot of what Anakin is really. There is this weakness in him as he's hurt and being electrocuted by the Emperor when he takes him and also he does not know what to choose his son, his master, his son, his master … There is also this greatness in him because he is able to "be" again Anakin Skywalker and not Vader, he does it by love for his son.

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Done. :)

15. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    3. Ani501st: Which three Clone Wars arcs do you feel are the most integral to the Saga and why?

16. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    3. It is difficult to pick only three, if I could I would pick them all.
    So first, the Ryloth arc because it is a huge scale battle as we are in the clone wars. This is a battle that quite represents the war.
    Secondly, the Pursuit Of Peace arc ( 03x10 Heroes on Both Sides, 03x11 Pursuit of Peace and even if it is not in the same season but it is a part of the same storyline 02x15 Senate Murders ) because it shows the second aspect of the war which is the political one.
    Finally, the Onderon arc, it illustrates the fact that the intervention of the Republic on a planet is not so simple than this. It also shows that the clones are not the only one to fight in this war, there are also civilians and army of the planets who fight.

17. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    4. Ani501st: What are your personal favorite books? Why do you like them and how do you feel they represent you as an individual?

18. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    4. My favorite books are The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins and the Harry Potter Saga by J.K. Rowling.
    The Lost Symbol. I love it for many reasons. It is an excellent thriller, it always keeps you on the edge of your seat, you do not expect the end before it ends. Robert Langdon is strong character. The main female character is also a strong character that also has to deal with important things. The vilain is the kind of vilain you want for a book like this - the vilain is crazy and nothing can stop him. This book deals with the freemasons, holy book, the United States of America. It deals with a lot of subjects. What is also very interesting in the story is that Dan Brown picks true historical, scientific, cultural elements and events and then he puts his character Robert Langdon and create a story around those real events and elements.
    The Hunger Games trilogy. I love the story from the beginning to the end. It is not only original and wonderful it is also a reflexion of today's world in many ways. I love science fiction ( of course, I am a fan of star wars ) and this story is great science fiction. You have here again strong characters. The hero is a heroine so it changes from other saga that I also love a lot like Percy Jackson and Harry Potter where the hero is a boy. Katniss character is not only strong but also complex and you understand her. These characters are characters we can rely on. I read the three books very fast in less than a week, I couldn't stop reading them, it was so exciting that I wanted to know what happens next. It always keeps you on the edge of your seat. It is different from what we can expect and that's why I love the ending of this trilogy.
    Harry Potter saga. I love the seven books but there is one that I love even more so and it is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The story is also here original, a magical story. I like how it gets darker in each book. It has a lots of drama. I love the character. They are also strong character, this is what I am looking for in a book - strong characters and characters you can rely on.

19. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    5. Ani501st: YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Harry Potter FANS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about Harry Potter can you relate to personally?

20. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    5. Yes just as The Hunger Games. I can relate on the choices of the characters and some part of their personality. It is especially the case with Harry Potter in the way he is and with the decisions he takes for himself and for protecting his group of friends. I also related to Ron for how he behaves with the one he loves.

21. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    6. Ani501st: How were you as a child? Were you more like Harry, Hermione, or Ron? Or perhaps Draco?

22. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    6. Definitely not Draco ! I was not the "bad boy". I was much more calmer and nicer than Draco, always good and serious at school in class but outside class funny. I was also kind of timid in the way Harry is at the beginning. I definitely was more like Harry Potter with a little bit of Ron's humor and a little bit of Hermione's seriousness and intelligence.

23. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    7: Ani501st: What is your greatest phobia?

24. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    7. My greatest phobia is insects ( bees, cockroach, spider ... ). I am really scared of insects.

25. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    8. Ani501st: Why that phobia? What is it about insects that makes you afraid? And what do you think that phobia reveals about you as an individual?