main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lady Luck - Smuggler!Padmé full length Post RotS AU - Completed July 22, 2007!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I promised myself I wouldn't do this until "Doctor's Silence" was finished, but the bunny's been eating at my brain for the last few months and finally took over with a vengeance. I hope you enjoy.

Disclaimer: It's George's sandbox; I'm simply destroying the sandcastles.

[b]Title:[/b] Lady Luck
    [b]Author:[/b] Jade_Max
    [b]Genre:[/b] Adventure, Romance, Drama
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] Post RotS AU
    [b]Summary:[/b] Smuggler!Padmé story. Employed by Bail Organa, with Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker as her reluctant co-pilot, Captain Padmé Naberrie is on a dangerous mission to locate and rescue the Jedi that Emperor Mace Windu has decreed to be a threat...
    [b]Notes:[/b] Sequel to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24089369&brd=10476]It's the little things that are worth saving[/link], [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/25740570/p1/?17]Smuggler's Price[/link] and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/25812008/p1/?20] Tension [/link]. It is not necessary to read these three previous entries - they will be summarized in the introduction. You can read them if you want more information and entertainment. I will be keeping a PM list for this fic, let me know if you'd like to be added or removed. Thanks :)

[u][b]Lady Luck[/u][/b]

[b]Introduction[/b]

[i]Jedi Master Mace Windu has defeated Palpatine in the bid to rid the galaxy of the Sith Lord, but at a horrible cost. Succumbing to the very darkness that he'd sworn to defeat, Mace has become a Sith Lord of incredible power, almost unmatched in fighting prowess. Seeing the Jedi as a threat to his new empire, he's given orders to have them hunted down and destroyed as enemies of his new Empire. Instated as the new Emperor, Mace has had the Jedi Temple liquidated, killing all resistance and razing the temple to the ground.

[/i]Blue Skies[i] Captain Padmé Naberrie, Smuggler and Rogue, and in the employ of one Senator of Alderaan, Bail Organa, risked her life in an ingenious bid to rescue the youngest of the Younglings before the fall of the Temple. Her mission accomplished, the remaining Jedi Masters, Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, have separated the group and taken the children into hiding in an attempt to ensure the survival of the Jedi.

Discovered on a remote asteroid base by Mace Windu's crack troops while attempting to purchase supplies, Anakin Skywalker once again found himself indebted to the Smuggler Captain when she risked her life to ensure his escape. In the attempt to secure the Jedi Master's release, Padmé's co-pilot Typho was killed. In the possession of the last known location of several high ranking Jedi, Padmé struck a bargain with the Jedi Master; In return for his life, she wanted his help. Anakin agreed to become her co-pilot for the duration of the missions.

On their way to Ansion in search of Barriss Offee, Padmé made clear that her intentions were less than honorable. Having discovered that Barriss and Anakin had once had a relationship, she grew jealous and was determined to have the Jedi Master for herself. She threw down the gauntlet of challenge; Anakin would be hers before they were able to locate his once lover and he would come to her...[/i]

2. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Chapter 1

Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker pushed back from the console in barely concealed disgust. "The circuit board is fried, Captain. Until we get a new one, all computations will need to be done by hand."

Captain Padmé Naberrie nodded as if this wasn't much of a surprise, her bare toes tapping the air absently. "I suggest you get on it then, Skywalker; you might only be there for a year or two if you're lucky"

They'd been less than a couple of hours out of Ansion when the navcomputer had fried unexpectedly. Those few hours had turned into years, possibly a decade, if they couldn't get the computer back online. He'd done everything in his considerable repertoire, including trying to bypass the damaged board, but a surge of power had almost disabled their engines and he'd quickly shut it off.

He'd located the power problem quickly enough, no thanks to his accomplice, and rerouted it properly. It hadn't helped with the fried circuit board and without a navcomputer they were as good as dead in space. Hours of long, exhausting work hanging at a precarious angle inside the service panels hadn't helped and Anakin's nerves were starting to fray, his control starting to slip. It didn't help that the good Captain enjoyed nothing more than to help bring it to that point.

"Ha, ha." He turned a sour look on her, not appreciating her humor. He immediately wondered what has possessed him to do so.

She was currently lounging in her chair in little more than her underclothes, her feet crossed at bare ankles on the board in front of her as she was checking the supply manifest in her cargo hold. He wished he hadn't looked as he couldn't help but admire her physique. Padmé was not a shy woman and she made no secret of the fact that she was trying to deliberately break his self-control. She blatantly flaunted her exquisitely shapely body, not to mention the razor sharp intellect it housed, in front of him hourly. It would have helped if she'd been bloated, or maybe bony, but she was neither. Excellently proportioned for her size, her muscle tone indicative of a highly active life style, a part of him was starting to wonder if her boast about him coming to her might in fact be true.

Anakin had found respite in short hours of meditation, feeling refreshed but less so daily. He wanted nothing more than to put this brazen woman and her ideas of fun behind him and get back to work on the next generation of Jedi. But, he couldn't. Not until they'd located the Jedi on Padmé's list. He and the other Masters needed all the help they could get.

Padmé didn't look up from her datapad, her finger moving the slider down the screen as she searched her inventory. She shifted unconsciously under his gaze, giving him a good view of one perfectly sculpted buttock for a brief moment. "If you're lucky, I'll be able to locate which compartment that spare's in. Then you and that shapely tush of yours can be suspended for a while longer while you install it."

"Don't tell me the Captain needs a man to install her hardware."

She looked up, a teasing smile playing about her lips. "You can install any hardware you want, Skywalker. Just say when."

"Insufferable woman."

"Prude." She returned, noting his flush before getting back to the matter at hand. "I could do the install, but you've already proven to be a better hand with mechanics than I am. Probably better than I'll ever be."

"A compliment, Captain?"

Her smiled turned charming. "I do know my limits, Skywalker. Don't let it go to your head."

He held up his hand forestalling the inevitable comment that would follow. "Just find that board, would you?"

She placed the datapad on the console, flicking the power button, and dropped her bare feet to the deck plating. Anakin's gaze was drawn to those tiny appendages. They moved as gracefully as the rest of her; and he'd seen her pick up datapads and a stylus with them. He didn't doubt she could probably shoot a blaster, albeit badly, with her feet too.

Those bare feet

3. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I love this even more than the shorties! Grease covered Anakin, a Padmé that can wield a blaster with her toes, all that delicious tension... Lovely!

4. DragonLotus

DragonLotus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2006
    You've started this! [face_dancing]

My my, our smuggler sure is pulling all the stops to seduce her co-pilot. ;)

She looked up, a teasing smile playing about her lips. "You can install any hardware you want, Skywalker. Just say when."

Woah woah woah....

Love it! Looking forward to more and please keep me in your PM list!

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Yay! I'm so glad that you decided to expand this!

Praise the rabid plot bunnies.;)

Can I have PM's when you update?

~MJ@};-

6. Mirik

Mirik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    may i join the list of pm-receiving lucky ones? @};-

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Naughty Padme! [face_shame_on_you] But I love it. [face_laugh]

=D=

8. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    I'm so excited to see you start this. I'd jump up and down for joy but then I'd end up in a coughing fit. Yeah, I'm still sick. Anakin doesn't quite know what to make of the situation or Padme does he? He wants to get away from her yet he can't stop staring, especially at a woman in her underwear. Yep, she's bold, and I love it. Definitely add me to the PM list.

9. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh, I loved this.

I wonder how long it will take before Anakin breaks, because I don?t have much doubt that he eventually will and I really like Padmé in these, she is like a female Han and I?ve always like both Han and Padmé, to be like the only two non-Force sensitive in a world full of Force-sensitive (even in the OT since Star Wars is about Jedi) they are both strong and cool characters. And I?m completely of topic now, sorry about that.
    Hmm, and then it?s the Anakin and Barriss relationship, I wonder what it was with that. And

Thanks for sending me a pm and please add me to the pm list.

10. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I cant miss this one, its set up to be too much fun!
    I like this sarcastic teasing Padme and a goody Anakin. Please add me to your pm list!

11. Jessoass

Jessoass Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    "Don't tell me the Captain needs a man to install her hardware."

"Insufferable woman."

"Prude." She returned, noting his flush before getting back to the matter at hand.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] So good!!

"I do try."

"It shows." Anakin pushed to his feet. He'd removed all but his under tunic and trousers to crawl into the hatch to replace the panel. "Now if you'll excuse me Captain, I'm the one in need of a shower."

"Is that a request to scrub your back?"

I love Smuggler Padme!![face_laugh] Oh dear and Prude Anakin! oh my =P~ I just have this impulse to corrupt him!! [face_blush]:D

I have to say I'm so glad that the plot bunny has been eating away at you brain! Great work! I can' wait for the next!!

Jess

PS. Please keep me on that PM list!!

12. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004

I've always liked Anakin's butt, too. ;)

13. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    She looked up, a teasing smile playing about her lips. "You can install any hardware you want, Skywalker. Just say when." I bow to the queen of innuendoes!

14. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Padme is so naughty [face_blush] [face_laugh] but I love it!!

Anakin's gonna have a hard time not paying attention to Padme o_O.

15. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    Ha! You did write it! The plot bunnies strike again. [face_devil] I love your viggies, and I really can't wait for more!

Do you have a posting schedule or PM list?

J_Ro

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Padme!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Though I must confess, she has a much stronger will than I do! :p

I loved the playful banter between Anakin and Padme. And it's nice to see them both enjoying the game.

Please add me to the PM list [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. jumpforjoy

jumpforjoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2006
    I'm loving this story! Anakin and Padme are just so sweet when they interact! :p
    Please add me to the PM list!

18. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    leia_naberrie - *laughs* You did ask for it :Þ I couldn?t reisist making Padmé a tiny bit different *smirk* than she normally is, but the confidence she has in the movies was just channeled to other areas me thinks

DragonLotus ? Yup, against my better judgment, I started this *laughs* I wrote 6 chapters in 1 setting, so I?ve got regular updates for a couple of weeks anyway lol! You?ve been kept on my list :)

Mira_Jade - *laughs* everyone but the author praises rabid plot bunnies lol! I?d be happy to PM you.

Mirik ? Most certainly. Thanks for reading :)

VaderLVR64 - *laughs* I?m glad!

Daenarrah ? Ack! *hands out tissues and warm blankets* Get better woman, it?s no fun being sick! I?d say that Anakin hasn?t a clue what to make of Padmé. The women in his life are normally steady, reliable and congenial; not aggressive and self-possessed, not to mention honest *laughs* I?d be happy to PM you :)

Star_Angel ? I?ll keep you on my list. *laughs* how long until Anakin breaks? *rubs her jaw* that?s the big question, isn?t it?

I really did base her on Han, and seeing as how she?s a non-Jedi, I wanted to make her a strong character who can deal with Jedi on their own footing. It?s tough to do since most stories are so Jedi driven ? including the Saga as a whole. But, I?m having fun with her

obsessedwithSW - *grin* Thanks! I?d be happy to PM you! :)

Jessoass - *laughs* Yes, Anakin?s a bit of a prude. Not an innocent, just a prude lol! I thin Padmé shares your same impulse to corrupt him *laughs* I?ll be sure to PM you :)

mixza ? Me three; he does fill out those leather pants nicely, doesn?t he?

Handmaiden_Azul - *laughs* I think that?s everyone?s favorite line lol!

randomangel22 ? Anakin?s going to have a hard time paying attention to anything but Padmé ? and keeping his hands to himself. I?m an evil author.

Jaded_Rose ? I don?t keep a posting schedule, but I?d be happy to PM you when I update :) *laughs* and yes, the plot bunny struck again. ?The Plot bunny strikes back ? episode 4? *grin*

KELIA ? lol! She wants him to come to her, it?s a game, you see. Who breaks first ;) I think Padmé?s enjoying the banter far more than Anakin, but he?ll come around. I?d be happy to PM you!

jumpforjoy - *laughs* sweet? *grin* Thanks. I?ll be sure to PM you :)

Thanks for reading everyone ? this bunny is rabid, I tell you, rabid!

19. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002

Chapter 2

"Ansion control, this is Blue Skies requesting permission to dock to re-supply."

Padmé listened with half an ear as her request was granted and the coordinates set. They?d been in hyperspace for less than an hour before reaching their destination and Anakin had only recently rejoined her in the cockpit. "I copy that, control, Blue Skies out."

"Problems?"

"With the Anosians?" Padmé chuckled. "Always. They're a tricky people to deal with at times."

"You don't have to tell me."

Anakin's expression was once again serene and controlled; though Padmé thought she detected a hint of unease. "Is there something you're not telling me, Skywalker?"

"Plenty, Captain. But nothing about this world you probably don't know already. I was sent to help mediate a border dispute on this world shortly before the Separatists identified themselves to the Senate and pulled out. I was a Padawan at the time and the culture was unlike anything I'd ever seen."

Padmé chuckled. "So long as you didn't have to deal with the Alwari."

"We did."

She winced. "Ouch. I empathize, Skywalker."

"I didn't mean that as it sounded. The Alwari were a friendly people - once they accepted us as guests and not threats."

"From where you stand, maybe." Padmé guided her ship on course, her hands confidently handling the controls as she followed the instructions that had been issued. "The Alwari are a difficult people to bargain with."

"You mean con."

She shrugged. "Call it what you want. Their homemade goods are highly valuable on certain worlds where such things are rare; or even better, where such things are forbidden. I have several permanent buyers for Alwari merchandise - when they'll deign to speak with me."

Anakin chuckled. "At least they didn't have you get a tuft of white fur from a creature that could crush you in an instant."

"You'll have to tell me that story sometime - sounds interesting."

Anakin smiled faintly. "Barriss is the person to relate it; it was her Master who was crazy enough to try."

Padmé chuckled. "If - when - we find this Barriss, I'm very much looking forward to a frank discussion about a great many things. Your previous history on this planet isn't one of them."

"Ah," Anakin's hands flew over the thrusters as they neared the docking bay, prepared to take over in case the main power failed and he had to stop the ship from plummeting into the duracrete platform. "But that history may be the only thing that will allow us to find her."

"Anything I should know?"

"A few things. Barriss is a Jedi healer, specifically specializing in ailments of the mind. She will and does lend her aid where possible."

"A do-gooder." Padmé's tone was dry. "Joy."

Anakin's eyes flashed at the slight on Barriss. "Watch your tongue, Captain. I owe Barriss my life many times over."

"That good in the sack, huh?" Padmé brought the ship in smoothly, landing them with barely a bump and snapping off the engines. It didn't escape her notice that Anakin has shut up, or that his face was set in lines of annoyance and displeasure. She unbuckled her crash webbing and turned to face him. "I have a few trustworthy contacts on planet that should have some information about Jedi activities. But if she's lying low, she's probably in the wilderness. Ever been?"

"Not a place I care to return to," he admitted. He'd already unbuckled but remained sitting as he waited for her. "But I do remember the local traditional methods of transportation quite well. If we're lucky, we'll be able to find us a guide."

"Scared to be alone with me, Skywalker?"

He slanted her a look, pushing to his feet. "Captain, I think you should be scared to be along with me."

Padmé laughed in his face. "That'll be the day, Skywalker. Come on; if nothing else I can supply the guide when we don't find your woman in town."

"She's not my woman."

Padmé smirked. "You're acting like she is."

"You're making a big deal out of nothing, Captain."

Padmé stopp

20. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    "A do-gooder." Padmé's tone was dry. "Joy."

My sentiments exactly! [face_devil]

She smirked. "You're so naive, Skywalker. We camp in an hour; I hope you brought your self control because I feel the need for a bath."
    Force, she's so nasty! :eek: [face_laugh]

Her cocky self-assurance was going to get them into trouble; he just knew it.

Well :oops:

Really enjoyed this chapter. Can't wait to read more of this story. :D

21. DragonLotus

DragonLotus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2006
    Thanks for reading everyone ? this bunny is rabid, I tell you, rabid!

Oh goodie! [face_dancing]

"I hope you brought your self control because I feel the need for a bath."

[face_laugh] She taunts him every chance she gets. Did I mention how much I love your Smuggler!Padme?

Her cocky self-assurance was going to get them into trouble; he just knew it.

Yeah, baby! [face_mischief]

Wonderful update!

22. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    I so love the way you write Padme. Not just here but in all your fics. She's so much fun. She assuredness and cockiness is wonderful. Taunting Anakin every chance she gets - I love it. Then to show him her skills with dealing/bartering with people. She knows how to get what she wants so he had better be careful.

And now they're in search of Barriss. Things are going to get very interesting, aren't they.

23. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    That good in the sack, huh?

I laughed so hard when I read this that my sister came running. This is like Han and Leia in ESB, except better!

Thanks for the PM. :)

J_Ro

24. Jessoass

Jessoass Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Padmé slanted an amused look at Anakin. He didn't want his name given out but she intended to. Hulgar was her most trusted contact on the surface. "-Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker."

"Skywalker!" Hulgar's eyes bulged in the Anosian reflection for surprise.

Anakin inclined his head, shooting a dark look at Padmé. It was a look that promised retribution later.

:eek: ...What kind of retribution?o_O

Great update!

And yes the good part is that I get to read all of it at once, but when I reach the end I'm in the edge of my seat and basically:
    :D "all right so whats next?!". It's an addiction really :D

Jess

PS: thanks for the PM.

25. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I loved it. You can?t help but love Padmé, she is great as a smuggler.

Thanks for the pm and I?m looking forward to read more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.