main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lady Luck - Smuggler!Padmé full length Post RotS AU - Completed July 22, 2007!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumpforjoy

jumpforjoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2006
    "I bet she'll be delighted to learn she's nothing to you."

Jealous, aren't we? Then again, so is everyone else... ;)
    Thanks for the PM!

2. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Please put me on the PM list. I can't reply as often as I'd like but I want to keep up with this story. :D

bran

3. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    add me to the PM list for this story as well. You have two good work-in-progresses to your name, Jade_Max. This is great. The interactions between Padme and Anakin remind me a lot of Han and Leia in ESB, but reversed.

I do hope they find Barriss before Anakin breaks... [face_worried]

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I love Padme in this. She's different, but still herself, if that makes any sense. :p

Padmé chuckled. "So long as you didn't have to deal with the Alwari."

"We did."

She winced. "Ouch. I empathize, Skywalker."

"I didn't mean that as it sounded. The Alwari were a friendly people - once they accepted us as guests and not threats."

"From where you stand, maybe." Padmé guided her ship on course, her hands confidently handling the controls as she followed the instructions that had been issued. "The Alwari are a difficult people to bargain with."

"You mean con."

She shrugged. "Call it what you want. Their homemade goods are highly valuable on certain worlds where such things are rare; or even better, where such things are forbidden. I have several permanent buyers for Alwari merchandise - when they'll deign to speak with me."

=D=

5. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Anakin didn't even look her way as Padmé ducked into the tent. She was fuming, a wild, raging river of emotions in the Force. She obviously thought little of his warning. Her cocky self-assurance was going to get them into trouble; he just knew it.

Isnt this a role reversal? Love the banter. I wonder how Barris will react to Anakin when they meet? Great post JAde!

6. DarthSilious

DarthSilious Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    This story is a little different from what I've come to expect here. Enjoyable, but different. ;)

Can I be added to the PM update list please? [face_praying]

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Padme, Padme, Pame.

[face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

When a Jedi Knight warns you you're being watched, you really should listen.

I enjoyed her bargining abilities.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I'm late, I'm late, I'm late![face_worried]

Sorry.[face_blush]

Let me begin by saying how much I am enjoying this:

"A few things. Barriss is a Jedi healer, specifically specializing in ailments of the mind. She will and does lend her aid where possible."

"A do-gooder." Padmé's tone was dry. "Joy."

Anakin's eyes flashed at the slight on Barriss. "Watch your tongue, Captain. I owe Barriss my life many times over.

Go Anakin! Defend your woman!

. . . . okay. Sorry. Outburst.

"Scared to be alone with me, Skywalker?"

He slanted her a look, pushing to his feet. "Captain, I think you should be scared to be along with me."

Padmé laughed in his face. "That'll be the day, Skywalker. Come on; if nothing else I can supply the guide when we don't find your woman in town."

"She's not my woman."

o_O

Anakin didn't even look her way as Padmé ducked into the tent. She was fuming, a wild, raging river of emotions in the Force. She obviously thought little of his warning. Her cocky self-assurance was going to get them into trouble; he just knew it.

Ah, trouble. I can't wait . . . . Muhahahahahaha[face_devil]

Okay. No more responces on cafine.:rolleyes:

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this though. I love Padme here; aggresive, confident - not the way Natalie Portman portrayed her, but how you would imagine Leia's mother to be. This is a girl I can see strangling a Hutt in a bathing suit. LOL

Simply excellent! And I can't wait for more!=D=

~MJ@};-

9. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    leia_naberrie - *laughs* Yes, yes she is nasty. And it only gets better from here on out ;)

DragonLotus - *smirk* Readers are always excited when authors have rabid bunnies *laughs*

And I think you?ve mentioned it that Smuggler!Padmé is a favorite. But I do love hearing it *grin*

Daenarrah ? Well, I didn?t want everyone to think that my Smuggler!Padmé?s only purpose is to seduce one ?uninterested? Jedi Master *laughs* She does have a few skills that I don?t think Anakin?s aware of ? and they have nothing to do with seduction. Which is an eye-opener. But then ? he has been stuck on a ship with her for several weeks dealing with this lol!

As for interesting? I can only hope everyone thinks they?ll be as interesting as I do ;)

Jaded_Rose - *laughs* Yeah, Han and Leia reversed ;) that was the idea!

Jessoass ? Ah, but retribution is the fun part ? it really is ?What?s it going to be? isn?t it? *grin* I?m glad you?re enjoying it!

Star_Angel ? I have Lucas to thank for Han?s character. Without Han as a guide, I could never have done Padmé as a Smuggler ? and your awesome challenge too!

jumpforjoy ? Indeed, Padmé?s a very, very jealous woman. But, it?s when she finally understands why that things are going to be very interesting...

_ThatJediScum_ ? I can certainly add you to my PM list for this :)

Vivid_Scripts ? Aw shucks, thanks [face_blush] I do try to give my readers good quality ? I?m glad you?re liking the ones you?re reading! And I?m glad that Anakin and Padmé remind you of Han and Leia in reverse because that?s exactly who they?re modeled after ? but keeping them in character ;)

As for Barriss ? she?ll be in here soon.

VaderLVR64 ? Yup, makes perfect sense. That was exactly what I was hoping for too ? since I don?t want Padmé would of character despite having a different profession.

obsessedwithSW ? Indeed it is a role reversal ? a little something different, eh? Barriss ? to be honest I haven?t decided how to bring her in yet, but she?ll be coming in soon.

DarthSilious ? I can certainly add you to my PM list ? I?m glad you?re enjoying my ?different? story!

KELIA - *laughs* Indeed, she should listen. She?ll learn her lesson, me thinks...

Mira_Jade ? Nah, you?re not late ;) No time restrictions :D

I don?t know which !ship is being rooted for more ? Anakin/Padmé, so the Smuggler gets her man, or Anakin/Barriss ? whom we haven?t even seen yet *laughs*

And I don?t mind responses on caffeine.. They make for fun reading! Indeed, she?s not only aggressive and confident, but goes after what she wants ? and I agree completely about that is how Leia?s mother should have been. In ways she was, but I think in some ways politics and being ?diplomatic? shaped her outward responses.

Hence, in this, no such restraints!

Next post to follow - thanks for reading everyone!

10. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Chapter 3

Blaster bolts ricocheted off the rocky ground, barely missing the last set of legs on the aggressive shan. It snarled, barring dripping fangs, baleful eyes reflecting the light of their campfire. Blue light whirled, humming as the blade cut through air and finally flesh. The shriek of the shan as it lost two of three legs on one side was hideous. A second cut was made as quickly as the first, before the mutilated shan hit the ground, silencing its cries once and for all.

A blaster bolt sped past his shoulder, close enough her smelled the ozone from burnt air, the shan's mate taking the bolt in the mouth as it was lunging to defend its mate. The Jedi Master coolly spun the blade around, intercepting the distracted creature and neatly slicing its head from between bony shoulder blades.

A yell had him spinning. Padmé was down with another shan on her chest, this one smaller than the first two.

Baby's first hunting trip.

Padmé had lost her blaster, and it lay several feet from where she was. The sharp claws of the shan's middle feet had dug into her thighs, keeping her legs pinned to the ground and Anakin could see blood welling from the deep incisions. Its back feet were planted firmly on the ground to keep its balance as its front feet worked in tandem with its snapping jaws to try and rend Padmé's head from her shoulders.

Her face was set in determined lines as she struggled against the shan. Claws had raked her delicate skin, rendering her hands and arms a mess of bloody lines. Her shirt was also torn from shoulder to waist, a view he had little time to appreciate. Anakin extended his hand, calling on the Force to fling the predator away. The shan let out a hiss of pure malevolence as Padmé scrambled for her blaster, heedless of the wounds she'd obtained or the fact that her shredded shirt was less than decent.

Anakin had no time to be distracted as the shan's feet hit the ground, sending it back towards Padmé just as her hand slid around her blaster's grip. Anakin was bowled over from behind, leaving him no time to spare Padmé a thought. Claws bit into his shoulder but he rolled with the blow, throwing the small shan off. For it was a small shan, almost identical in size to the other smaller one.

Twins. Anakin's thought was caustic. Figures.

His lightsaber whirled, the light reflecting off the shan's fangs as he came in, perfectly balanced. The shan hissed again and then leapt away, bounding towards where Padmé was backing away from its sibling, her blaster lined up with its forehead and pouring shot after shot into the tough hide. Anakin followed, reaching to the Force once more and letting it work for him, channeling it carefully as he sent his lightsaber spinning away in an arc.

Padmé let out a yelp of surprise as she was plucked off the ground by invisible hands and held suspended above the advancing shan's. It gave her a good shot at the unprotected back of the shan's neck. She aimed and fired in a split second, sending her attacker to the ground with a final, menacing hiss. She turned her head in time to see Skywalker's blade dip, catching the second shan about the middle and neatly severing it in half as it made to leap up at her.

The lightsaber arced gracefully back towards Anakin's palm where he shut off the blade and looked up at her.

Padmé stared back at him, wondering if she should be grateful for his assistance - or if he'd take it wrong. She smiled roguishly instead. "Nothing like a little late night work out to keep the blood pumping, eh Skywalker?"

Anakin stared at her, amusement mirrored in his blue eyes. "If that's you idea of a workout Captain, I believe I'm in no danger from you after all."

Padmé laughed. "That was just the foreplay, Master Jedi, we haven't gotten to the good stuff yet."

Anakin stepped towards her - she was still suspended several feet above the ground. "Your true colors are showing, Captain." His look was pointed.

She glanced down at her chest and found her shirt in

11. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Chapter 4

Padmé woke sometime in the middle of the night feeling stiff and sore, her stomach and chest throbbing where she'd been clawed. She turned, curling around her wounds unconsciously as the pain of infection lanced through her system. Her bandages had come loose, and rubbed against raw wounds in a fashion that irritated already sensitive and inflamed skin. She clenched her jaw against the pain that lanced through her side, her hand covering the bandages through the shirt and applying pressure to try and stem the pain.

"Captain?"

Padmé squeezed her eyes shut, silently begging him to go away even as she hoped he wouldn't.

"Padmé?"

She felt the fabric of her bedroll shift as he knelt next to her. His hands were gentle as he placed his finger tips over the back of her hand. She moaned, that small pressure sending another wave of agony through her side. He didn't ask if she was in pain; he didn't need to. Anakin's hand flattened against hers, enveloping it, and she felt warmth pulse between them.

The pain receded gradually and her hand loosened on her side as she gulped down a breath of relief. Her eyes opened and she stared. Anakin was crouched over her, braced on one knee and one hand, his left hand warm against hers. His eyes were closed, his brow knitted in concentration as he drew on the Force to help her. Long hair framed his face, curling about his temple in a tantalizing fashion that had her hands itching to touch it now that the pain was disappearing.

Padmé couldn't take her eyes off him.

His eyes slowly opened to reveal crystal pools of concern that stared down at her tenderly. "Is that better?"

She nodded mutely. Her bravado had fled with his tender ministrations.

Anakin made to take his hand away but she rolled her wrist, capturing his hand in hers and keeping it pressed against her abdomen. Anakin's eyes darkened, his hand flexing against the smooth muscles and bandages, reading the invitation that was clear in her gaze. Padmé licked her lips with the tip of her tongue and opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

She wanted to make some witty comment, to thank him in her blaze fashion as if it was something he did daily, but she couldn't. The look on his face, in his eyes, had drawn any ability for coherent speech from her and left her words a jumble in her mind. His hand flexed again and slowly, ever so slowly, his posture changed fractionally. Lowering, his face nearing hers.

Padmé felt her breath catch as she read the inner conflict in his gaze. He was going to kiss her. Elation swept through her, but something else was close on its heels. Fear. The warmth of the realization of everything she'd worked for was swept aside by the instinctive knowledge that if he kissed her, she'd be lost.

Anakin's face drew nearer and stopped, level with his knee and she could see his silent conflict with himself. He wanted her but didn't dare give in. Padmé released his hand and rolled away, managing not to cry out as she put most of her weight on the painful wound. She stopped, breathing heavily as the pain began to seep back in, and squeezed her eyes shut.

"You're bleeding again, Padmé."

She shivered at the huskiness in his tone, hearing the underlying confusion and relief. He'd had a moment of weakness and she'd not capitalized; she'd turned him down. Padmé finally found her voice and she made her comment deliberately harsh, her game with him suddenly seeming more dangerous than before. "Do you get your kicks from ogling women in their night clothes, Master Skywalker?"

She could probably have slapped him and not shocked him more.

Anakin's tone changed to the more familiar, cordial tone she was used to. "I felt your pain, Captain; I was simply trying to help."

"You've done enough, thanks." Padmé found the strength to push herself up, managing not to faint as the agony returned, lancing from her back to her chest. She clutched her wound again, feeling it pulsing despite the bacta bandage.

"You have an infe

12. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Now that was hot. And I think that Anakin is probably having that effect on everyone.

And I have to agree with Padmé. damn that Jedi control

Amazing update Jade_Max, I loved it.

13. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    She'd just been through the most passionate kiss in her life and the man who'd given it was a celibate eunuch with a past of indiscretions.

Just because you're ::cough:: frustrated, doesn't mean you should start calling names, Padme! [face_laugh] :D

These updates were the best! Will chew on and review in more detail l8r...

EDIT - So I've been thinking and it suddenly hit me that Padme's blood phobia and the traumatic event that caused it must be connected to the reason why she's a smuggler and not a Senator... [face_thinking]

It's nice for a change, isn't it, that it's the woman that is the tortured, ambigous anti-hero half of the romance? :D

This made me laugh:

she knew he'd never drop her. Not while she was injured anyway.

Aww, Padme, give the guy a break!

EDIT2: :oops: I just re-read your summary and realized that Qui-Gon is ALIVE! :eek: [face_dancing]

14. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    That was amazing!

Twins. Anakin's thought was caustic. Figures.

I had this vision of Vader saying that when he finds out about Leia. [face_laugh]

The second chapter... *shivers* That was bloody breathtaking.

Thank you for the PM!

J_Ro

15. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Padmé held her tongue as Anakin opened the med pack and pulled out a roll of bacta bandages. She held out her hands, but he shook his head, motioning for her to raise her arm. She did so, presenting him with her profile. His sudden shift in stance was as pleasing as it was frustrating. His fingers brushed her skin as he measured the length of the bandage he'd need, her body's reaction as instantaneous as his had been. Electricity seemed to arc between them. She smiled wryly, watching him cut the bandage length. No lack of chemistry, at least. She sucked in a sharp breath as Anakin placed the first of the bandaged, his touch gentle. He stared at her lower back, wrapped it upwards with his face coloring slightly as he gently lifted her breast with the tips of his fingers to secure the bandage just beyond the end of the first claw mark.

Padmé's mouth went dry at the fleeting touch. Damn him. She closed her eyes, turning her face away as he proceeded to do the same twice more, then three time over the swell of the same breast. The shan had gotten her good. He applied pressure to her arm, indicating she was to lower it, and proceeded to dress the wounds on her shoulders.

She couldn't help but admire his self control as his touch was sending heat and flame spiraling through her. Fortunately, he'd started with the deepest and most intimate of wounds, and slowly progressed outwards. Or maybe not so fortunately. Padmé was breathing heavily when he finally reached her hands, wrapping the last of the bacta bandages from the one kits around them. She took a perverse sense of pride in the fact that Anakin's hands were shaking almost as much as her own.

I really wanted to cut and paste both chpts but that would be a bit much. Chapters and chapters of foreplay- guys take notes cause this is what us girls love![face_love] You are getting too good at this you know.;)

More, Jade lots more!

16. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    =D=

again, very well done. The tension is palpable, i can feel it.

And Padme is so so evil. Every time a woman tempts a man she knows she shouldn't mess with, a little part of me dies inside. [face_worried] Stay strong, Anakin!

17. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Anakin's head came down with a barely disguised groan, his hand splaying across her rib cage, cool against her super-heated skin. She could feel the indentations of his fingers as if she were being branded, but that thought was distant. Warm, moist heaven had covered her lips. The moan stuck in her throat escaped as her inner voice was effectively silenced once and for all. His lips were gentle, exploratory, as if apologizing for some kind of offence. Padmé couldn't think, didn't try to, instead her hands came up to twine in his hair, delving into the silken curls she'd been fantasizing about since she'd fist laid eyes on him. His head turned, slanting his lips more firmly and intimately over hers. Padmé opened her mouth to him, darting her tongue out to tease the seam of his lips.

Awesome action scene in Chapter 3 and you paired it very nicely with the above hotness. :D

He jerked as if struck and abruptly pulled back.

Padmé's eyes flew open and she lifted her head to watch him from her prone position, unable to do more than stare. Anakin stared back at her, the flames of desire warring with the tenets of his code; she could see the conflict in his gaze, the anguish as if he'd done something horribly wrong. He was fighting not only the desire that lept so readily to life at her touch, but the teachings of a lifetime. He fled, scrambling to his feet and darting from the tent.

I just want to single out this paragraph here as an example of how much I love what you are doing with this AU. I love how real you are writing this Anakin. His conflict with what he wants and what he believes is portrayed very honestly.

Padmé's head fell back. She reached up, pressing her hands against her chest, trying to still her racing heart beat. The thrill of his kiss was slow to recede and, even as it began to fade, the revelation from earlier rushed into its void. Padmé closed her eyes, banging her head against the roll that qualified as her pillow.

Stupid. Her silent admonitions did little to calm her pulse or still the fire racing through her veins. Stupid, stupid, stupid! She'd just been through the most passionate kiss in her life and the man who'd given it was a celibate eunuch with a past of indiscretions. She supposed she should be thankful. His control would be well established when he saw her next and there'd be no hope of a relapse.

Just as this Padmé's response is very natural and honest. In this one scene you can see the fundamental core of the characters as you've built them in this story. Though different in some ways from their canon counterparts, there is enough of their personalities present within the characters to ground them in their current path/situations.

The sentence in bold is just funny as hell. I love it. And I love how you're showing Padmé's fistiness thoughout this fic.

Wonderful update.

bran

18. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    I have to comment too on the celibate eunuch sentence. That was just priceless. I loved it. It fit so well with smuggler!Padme here. It's nice comic relief from the sexual tension that abruptly ended. It also shows that kiss had more of an affect on her than she thought it would. And I must say that last chapter was hot. =P~ The tension was jumping off the page. Anakin is beginning to crack. I think seeing Padme in a vulnerable moment (and I think her injury and everything afterwards can be considered that) showed him she's still very much a woman, not just one with an attitude and out to make him hers. I'd say definite sign there the attraction goes both ways.

The previous chapter was fantastic. I loved the action in it and Anakin's thoughts while dealing with the shans. He was right, something was watching them. Maybe Padme will heed his words better next time. ;) :D

19. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I loved how gently and tenderly Anakin tended to Padme's wounds.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

And the kiss certainly had more of an effect on Padme than she thought it would.

Lovely updates

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. DragonLotus

DragonLotus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2006
    These updates are sizzling, the best yet! Especially chapter 4 which was smokin' hot! *fans self*

She'd just been through the most passionate kiss in her life and the man who'd given it was a celibate eunuch with a past of indiscretions.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Aside from the hotness, I also like the fact that you've shown the human side of Padme. That behind the feistiness, she still has her weaknesses. Wonder what's the story behind her fear...

If you tempt him and continue to tease him, you'll end up burned. This fire isn't like any you've ever played with before nor any you'll ever play with again.

Yeah honey, looks like you've finally met your match. And Anakin is definitely succumbing to the tension as well. Ooohhhh, what's gonna happen when Barriss shows up?

21. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Star_Angel - :D Thanks!

leia_naberrie - *laughs* But calling names is half the fun ;)

So I've been thinking and it suddenly hit me that Padme's blood phobia and the traumatic event that caused it must be connected to the reason why she's a smuggler and not a Senator...

*chuckle* It?s entirely possible since I haven?t fleshed out her history completely yet. Just that she?s a jaded, wide-cracking woman who knows what she wants and how to get it ? and damn the concequences!

It's nice for a change, isn't it, that it's the woman that is the tortured, ambigous anti-hero half of the romance?

*laughs* Just what I was thinking ;)

I just re-read your summary and realized that Qui-Gon is ALIVE!

Which begs the question ? who trained Anakin? ;)

Jaded_Rose - Thanks!

I had this vision of Vader saying that when he finds out about Leia.

Me too, actually. Twins just seemed appropriate.

obsessedwithSW ? *laughs* Indeed ? take note of what girls love ;) There will be more, but there will be some surprises me thinks too.

Vivid_Scripts ? Glad you enjoyed it! And yes, she is evil; she knows she?s playing with fire, just not exactly what to do with it.

_ThatJediScum_ ? Thanks!

I just want to single out this paragraph here as an example of how much I love what you are doing with this AU. I love how real you are writing this Anakin. His conflict with what he wants and what he believes is portrayed very honestly.

Well, since Anakin never met Padmé until after the fall of the Republic, his wants have been subjugated under rigorous training. However, there are times when those wants can?t be denied.

Just as this Padmé's response is very natural and honest. In this one scene you can see the fundamental core of the characters as you've built them in this story. Though different in some ways from their canon counterparts, there is enough of their personalities present within the characters to ground them in their current path/situations.

I think my intention when I started this was to show that even if you change their roles, the core personalities of those characters remain the same. For example, above, Anakin fought with himself many times about duty and honor and passion. Padmé on the other hand, is a carefree, determined character that doesn?t really care what everyone thinks.

I switched their roles from canon to experiment with how they?d each deal with the events that presented themselves. Hence the Barriss angle ;) Anakin indeed had an affair with Barriss ? within the Jedi tenets of course. Nothing in his history has prepared him to deal with Padmé though.

Daenarrah ? Well, I couldn?t build all that up and just drop it *laughs* The sunuch line just popped into my head when I wrote it and I found it worked perfectly.

Oh, there?s no doubting that the attraction goes both ways, but Padmé in this story is much worldlier then she was in cannon. She?s got experiences and skills that are new, but fit with her persona.

Of course, with the feeling being mutual, and Padmé?s moment of vulnerability catching Anakin completely off guard, things get even more interesting from here ? Padmé?s seen the cracks in his armor so she now knows she can slip through.

KELIA ? *grin* even antagonized, I can?t see Anakin dealing with her roughly. His respect for her is high, it?s just she doesn?t really know when to stop. And the effect of the kiss wasn?t something Padmé was prepared for since she?s always been the one in control. But, it?s going to make her think twice about Antagonizing him.

DragonLotus - *grin* Oh, Padmé in this is fundamentally flawed. She?s a character with a chip on her shoulder the size of her ship and is terrified of letting people get too close ? not that we?ve seen it yet. That should come into play later, when Anakin finally confronts her ? after Barriss has been introduced of course ;)

And Barriss ? she?s not too far out now!

22. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Chapter 5

Anakin was standing at the edge of the stream, one hand on the suubatar's foreleg as it bent to drink, when Padmé emerged from the tent. She stared at his profile, taking in the firm lines of his jaw and the way the constant breeze ruffled his hair. Hair that was as silken to touch as it looked. He didn't look her way, instead stared across the stream into distance where the sky was beginning to show the first hints of dawn.

Padmé took a careful look around, ignoring the inner voice that was telling her to let it drop, and moving towards him. She stopped near the suubatar's middle legs, her hand on the bandage underneath her coat. It ached, though the sharp stabbing pain had disappeared. Thanks to him. "Don't sweat it, Skywalker - it was just a kiss."

She saw his jaw tighten, but she didn't turn to look at her. "Are you happy now, Captain?"

"Happy?"

"You got what you wanted."

Padmé smiled crookedly, though she was certain he couldn't see it. "What I got was but a taste. It makes me wonder what the whole dish is like."

"And you will continue to wonder." Anakin finally turned towards her. His face was set in impassive lines. "If we're going to work together, we've got to have ground rules."

Padmé crossed her arms over her chest - and uncrossed them just as quickly, hissing as the bandage pulled painfully. Anakin's expression instantly changed to concern and he made a move towards her. She took a step back, cradling her side with one hand and holding the other up to stop him. "You're the one who wanted ground rules. Rule one; no touching."

Anakin stopped eyeing her critically. "You're injured and squeamish; how do you propose to change your dressing?"

Padmé tilted her chin stubbornly. "I'll find a way. I managed without you before, I'll manage again."

Anakin inclined his head. "As you wish, Captain. Will you be able to ride today?"

Padmé narrowed her eyes. He was taunting her, baiting her, and doing it deliberately. Her tone turned purring seductive. "I can always ride, Master Jedi. The real question is if you're up to the punishment."

"Can you keep your mind on our job, Captain?" His tone was filled with distain. "We've a lot of ground to cover over the next few days."

"I can ride if you can pack. Manual labor is beyond my current ability and inclination."

"And man handling is not?"

"We all have our fortés, Skywalker." Her smile turned charming. "Man handling is a specialty of mine."

He turned abruptly away. "I suggest you handle yourself for now, Captain. The ride isn't going to be easy on those wounds."

"Suubatars have a very easy gait, if you can follow it, Skywalker. I'm sure I'll sleep like a baby."

Or maybe scream like one. Padmé gritted her teeth against the motion her torso had to settled into for the suubatar's ride to be comfortable. They sped across the open plains several hours later, and several position experimentations later. Nothing had worked. The suubatar's gait was comfortable enough - except when it dipped unexpectedly to move over rough terrain. And rough terrain was all they'd seen for the last twenty minutes.

"Sleeping like a baby, Captain?"

She managed a smile through gritted teeth, certain he knew what she was really feeling. "Never better."

"What was that?" Anakin closed in so he was riding side by side with her.

She glared at him. "I said never better! Just find our next campsite, you pompous, arrogant, egotistical, smart-"

Anakin pulled ahead, out of earshot, and she cut off her line of insults, focusing instead on making the rise easier. It wasn't east. The terrain they'd climbed into was rocky, gusting disproportionately this way and that, and the suubatars slowed to navigate large boulders. Chasms opened up on their left and they urged their mounts to hug the cliff face.

Padmé hunched over her wound, feeling it pulse under her hand as she pressed her side, gamely straightening whenever she noticed he was looking in her direction. She'd b

23. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    "Lose some pounds, Skywalker!"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Cliffie ending! [face_devil]

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    You ended it there!!!!

[face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

I love the back and forth banter between Padme and Anakin. Very nice!

"Lose some pounds, Skywalker!"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Loved that bit of humor you worked in.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004

Just got caught up... and... and... big scary cliffie!!!! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.