main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lady Luck - Smuggler!Padmé full length Post RotS AU - Completed July 22, 2007!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakins_Queen

Anakins_Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    This is really exiting. [face_cowboy] I love the way things are sizzling between them. [face_mischief]

Poor Padme though , she was so worried about Anakin.

I hoping Anakin doesn't fall in love with Bariss. [face_worried] A/P shipper here. :-B

Add me to the PM list. Please. :D

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Things are noving along marveously.=D=

I can't tell you how much I am enjoyinh this and Padme is just hilarious!

Stupid Jedi. She smiled faintly. Stupid, handsome, naive, gorgeously proportioned Jedi.

Heeheehee

"It has nothing to do with caring, you insufferably superior pain in the-"

"Ah, ah, let's not expand the Gwurran's vocabulary too much today." Anakin's tone was amused. "They probably haven't heard much profanity."

Perfect!

And then we'll see Barriss soon! Yes![face_dancing]

*patiently waiting for more*O:)

~MJ@};-

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    leia_naberrie - *grin* I?m glad you like Smuggler!Padmé. She?s one tough cookie who?s had a rough life. Eventually she?ll talk to Anakin ? but not yet. There?s still much to be done. I admit I want her to win too, but I think the competition will be good for her.

I always believed that the character had a great reservoir of strength and ingenuity.

You and me both.

And I agree with you about the Gwurran ? I loved those little guys!

obsessedwithSW ? Well, when the guy?s good looking, why not turn it into a curse? *grin* Glad you?re enjoying it!

Daenarrah ? Or something ;) I wouldn?t call it a lover?s quarrel just yet ? besides, once they find Barriss, Padmé?s bet with him is off, remember? She swore he?d come to her before that.

KELIA ? I think you?re right ? but then, Padmé also knows the dangers of giving her heart to the wrong guy?

randomangel22 ? Bah, how could I kill Anakin off without introducing Barriss? *innocent expression*

jumpforjoy - *laughs* I?m sure Padmé would like nothing more than to stun the Jedi Master back into unconsciousness and throw him over her shoulder ? but that?s not exactly in the cards if she wants to get paid...

Jaded_Rose ? Anakin?s not really mean ? more like hurt. He was expecting something other than sarcasm and got the edge of her acidic tongue instead. Not exactly something I?d want either.

DragonLotus - *grin* It does suit her, doesn?t it? :D

Star_Angel ? That?s the real question isn?t it? Is Barriss on Ansion or are they just on some wild goose chase? *grin* It?ll be fun the next couple of posts.

VaderLVR64 ? I don?t think she meant to say that either and look what she did *laughs*

LuminaraFan4Evr ? Of course the Gwurran had to show up! I couldn?t put them on Ansion without including Barriss? little friends ;)

Anakins_Queen ? Welcome, welcome, thank you for taking the time to read my story! I?m glad you?re enjoying it and I?d be happy to put you on my PM list :)

Side note: I?m an A/P shipper myself ? as are most of the other readers *laughs* but that?s not to say a little competition ever did Padmé any harm.

Mira_Jade ? Padmé?s had a rough time of it. Not only is she still bleeding, but now she?s got to deal with Skywalker again ? she?s not exactly sure which one is worse.

Thanks for reading everyone! Next Chapter to follow :D

4. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Chapter 8

The Gwurran were excitable little creatures, Padmé found herself thinking as they were setting up camp in another sheltered nook, steadily moving away from where she'd left the suubatar and further into the canyons. Excitable and excellent scavengers. Each carried a make-shift supply bag. Some were made out of grasses, for she'd learned that all Gwurran were taught to weave baskets at a young age - the better for gathering stones and other things - while others were made from discarded pieces of cloth or whatever else they'd been able to scavenge. Among the items they pulled from their packs were familiar, if outdated, ration packets.

Padmé let Anakin do most of the work, for the pain in her side had come back not long after they'd left the crag where he'd been found. Determined not to owe him anything, she'd kept her peace and their pace, never once complaining. She was fuming inside, a ball of hurt and frustration that was clamoring for release.

Blasted, infuriating Jedi!

She should have let him where he'd been pulled from the river, turned her suubatar around and headed back for the Blue Skies. Then she wouldn't have seen him in a death-like state. She wouldn't have felt that surge of irrational panic, the feeling like she'd been hit in the solar plexus. And then, when he'd awakened, she'd have never have felt the sinking, sickening feeling that had accompanied his reaction to Barriss' nearness.

Of course, if she'd done that, she'd have never forgiven herself for turning away from him. She'd have tortured herself hourly with what-ifs until driven mad enough to return. Only by then it'd have been too later and she'd be even worse off than she was now! She watched as Anakin worked, the dying sunlight reflecting off the water nearby to give his hair an almost sun-burnished look. She hardened her heart against the feelings his boyish image evoked.

She couldn't win.

She turned her back on the camp, one hand idly caressing the butt of her blaster for reassurance, the other pressed tightly against the patch on her wound. She could feel it throbbing under her hand, could feel the trickle of blood down her side as the pressure on the bandage became too much. She ignored it, too preoccupied by her dark thoughts to mind her wound.

He wouldn't care if I died anyway. The waspish thought was accompanied with a scowl. It would serve him right if she died because of her injury. Ungrateful wretch.

"See something?"

Her hand twitched closed on the grip of her blaster at the soft words. She relaxed it consciously, though she wanted nothing more than to pull it on him - just to see a reaction. "Nothing a mighty Jedi would trouble themselves with."

"If it concerns the safety of the camp, it's worth it."

She willed him to leave her alone. "A few night flies, and some fish, Skywalker. Satisfied?"

"I sense you're displeased with me."

"Oh really?" She turned to face him. "Whatever gave you that idea?"

He didn't rise to her taunt. "It's hard to miss, Captain. You're radiating it through the Force."

She regarded him archly. "I can see you're confused, Skywalker, but I don't need to be a Jedi to figure that one out. You want to know what you did and when. You want to know what happened to give you a respite from my attentions. Only now you're faced with scorn and you're wishing I'd simply go back to trying to seduce you. Close enough, or did I leave anything out?"

He didn't respond, but his lips had parted and she heard the shocked breath he inhaled.

Padmé looked away again, staring out across the shallow water. "Go back to your supper, Skywalker, and don't play with the big girls. You'll lose because you're not equipped too win."

He shifted his stance and she could feel his eyes boring into her, questioning, wondering how she saw through him so easily. Her lips twisted into a bitter smile. She'd been playing this game when he'd still been learning to lift rocks with his mind. "Now you're wondering how I kn

5. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    It would be very ironic if Barriss had to heal Padmé. Captain Naberrie would really love that!

Yes, Padmé should have been a politician, Anakin. We?re all wondering what happened. :p

I never thought that the Jedi had some sort of mating program plan but it makes perfect sense. No wonder ?the little ones were [so] worth saving?. It?s really a pity about Captain Naberrie. It was actually a very good plan. [face_mischief]

"Go back to your supper, Skywalker, and don't play with the big girls. You'll lose because you're not equipped too win."

Boy, she is nasty! [face_love]

Another fantastic update, Jade_Max! =D= I only wish there was more. :(

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Another marvelous update!=D=

I feel bad for Padme, in the beginning when she was worried about him - that was touching, and I loved Anakin saying she should of went into Polotics.

How did she become a smuggler anyway?

Anyway, truly wonderful update, and I hope that Padme gets better soon.:(

~MJ@};-

7. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Loved this chapter. Padme was just - wow. No fury like that of a woman scorned. Though, I don't know if I'd say she's been scorned but she certainly is PO'ed and irritated. I love the insult there to Anakin. Youch, zing!

That's quite the interesting point she brings up to Anakin. I'd say she opened his eyes a bit. Gave him something to think about. It'd be telling if that was what the Jedi have been planning all along.

And now Padme's in a hibernation trance. Is she going to wake up and find out Barriss healed her? That would make things interesting and awkward.

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh Padme, Padme, Padme - being annoyed that Anakin has gotten under your skin isn't going to change the fact that he's gotten to you bad!!!

It should be interesting to see how she reacts when they meet up with Barriss.

Love how Anakin is taking care of her

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005

Boy Padme has a sharp tongue!
    Jedi babies![face_laugh]
    He hadnt thought about it before, so he has lots to think about now.

10. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Golly.... she has really got it bad for him, so upset over the possibility of Anakin and Barisse in the same area. I do hope Anakin can help heal Padme, and that she starts to ease up a little bit on him. Alright I'll say it.. For God Sakes just tell him how you feel already girl!! Ok I feel better now.

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    She regarded him archly. "I can see you're confused, Skywalker, but I don't need to be a Jedi to figure that one out. You want to know what you did and when. You want to know what happened to give you a respite from my attentions. Only now you're faced with scorn and you're wishing I'd simply go back to trying to seduce you. Close enough, or did I leave anything out?"

He didn't respond, but his lips had parted and she heard the shocked breath he inhaled.

Padmé looked away again, staring out across the shallow water. "Go back to your supper, Skywalker, and don't play with the big girls. You'll lose because you're not equipped too win."

He shifted his stance and she could feel his eyes boring into her, questioning, wondering how she saw through him so easily. Her lips twisted into a bitter smile. She'd been playing this game when he'd still been learning to lift rocks with his mind. "Now you're wondering how I know all of this."

His hand landed on her shoulder, spinning her around to meet his gaze head on. "How-?"

Padmé winced as the rough motion pulled at her wounds and stretched the bandages. "Easy, Skywalker, I'm damaged goods." It came out before she could stop it. Damaged goods. She almost winced again. Thankfully he was naive enough to miss the double meaning.

That was my favorite section. =D=

I am also wondering how she became a smuggler. I like this story because everyone is in character, taking into account their changed circumstances.

Bravo! =D=

12. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    OK I have been lurking so please add me to the pm list.

13. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    I feel really bad for Padme I mean I'd be pissed off too :(.

Well hopefully she'll get better soon and maybe not find Barriss :p.

14. jumpforjoy

jumpforjoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2006
    Great update!

Anakin's only realized now that the survival of the Jedi Order depends on Jedi babies? [face_not_talking] [face_not_talking] Padme's really opened his eyes. No wonder he couldn't sleep.

15. LuminaraFan4Evr

LuminaraFan4Evr Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 14, 2006
    wow. That was amazing. I loved it just as much as all the other posts... maybe more!
    :D

16. HCzGIRL481

HCzGIRL481 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 10, 2007

I must say I've been quite late in joining the boards- I've enjoyed this story! Interesting to see Padme "wearing the pants" in this fic[face_laugh] , and Anakin playing the novice.[face_laugh] Please add me to your PM list.

17. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    :p Silly Anakin. Does someone need to explain the the birds and the bees? Though really, she could have phrased it a bit more kindly. I doubt Anakin appreciates being rented out to stud, as it were.

J_Ro

18. DragonLotus

DragonLotus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2006
    "You should have gone into politics."

Yeah, how DID Padmé ended up being a smuggler....

Interesting conversation they had on Jedi babies. Anakin now probably has a whole new perspective on his relationship with Barriss.

19. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I can't believe I never saw this before..... I'm loving the story so far. Padme is definitely playing with fire- she doesn't want to admit to herself how far she's already fallen for Anakin. As for him, he seems like he's struggling against his own feelings. It will be interesting to see how things change when they find Barriss.

Please add me to your PM list! :)

20. jedilegolas

jedilegolas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2006
    ok ok I was lurking... I've decided to come out of the shadows and give you praise!
    This fic is awesome! =D=
    I really like the fact that Padme is a smuggler... it gives her a bit more pizzaz.

21. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I loved it Jade_Max, I really like both Anakin and Padmé in this, Anakin reminds me of?well, I don?t know who he reminds me of but he have seems to have this need for closeness, but maybe it?s just me.

Anakin blinked. "Attachment is-"

"-is forbidden, I know." She winced, bending slightly over her side to ease the pain. "Just think about it, Skywalker. Your order is faced with a changing galaxy and a future of uncertainty. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to crawl into my blanket and spend my night trying to sleep."

"Padmé, I-"

"Don't." She met his gaze wearily, suddenly exhausted. "Let it go and just think about it. Ask yourself if Barriss is someone you can see yourself with for the rest of your life."

I think that Padmé have an important point there.

22. Anakins_Queen

Anakins_Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    I wonder what will happen when Padme meets Bariss. Thanks for the PM and Update soon. :D

23. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    leia_naberrie ?*laughs* I love your sense of humor, did I mention that before? As for Padmé?s past, maybe, just ,maybe, I?ll have her go into it ? but later. Maybe next time she?s scolding Anakin *grin*

I never thought that the Jedi had some sort of mating program plan but it makes perfect sense. No wonder ?the little ones were [so] worth saving?. It?s really a pity about Captain Naberrie. It was actually a very good plan.

*grin* Indeed! Can you blame Padmé for being skeptical or cynical about the whole thing? I mean, the problems the Jedi are facing are huge ? and Anakin doesn?t seem to see all of them despite his rank.

Next update will be longer ? promise!

Mira_Jade ? I think Padmé will be alright. Wouldn?t be much of a story if I killed her off, would it? As for her past ? I think everyone?s curious and yes, eventually (in story) I?ll reveal where she came from and why she turned to smuggling.

Daenarrah ? Thanks :D I think Padmé?s finally realizing that Anakin doesn?t quite get the whole purpose behind her missions and is fed up with his idealistic views of the galaxy. Now that he?ll have time to think about what she?s said while she?s unconscious.

I think everyone?s figured out that Jedi Healer Barriss is going to make things awkward when she shows up to heal Padmé lol!

KELIA ? Indeed, it?s going to be very interesting the next few posts.

obsessedwithSW ? Padmé?s had to have a sharp tongue. She needed a thick skin and a

FitJedi ? *laughs* I don?t think Padmé is yet certain exactly how she feels, so it?d be hard for her to explain. But yeah, she?s not happy about the prospect of the Anakin and Barriss thing... not at all And I?d be happy to add you to my PM list :)

VaderLVR64 - *grin* I like that ?damaged goods? line too ;) I?m trying very hard to keep everyone in character despite the changed circumstances, so that comments means a lot!

randomangel22 - *laughs* Nah, Barriss will be joining us soon. Very, very soon.

jumpforjoy ? Thanks. Can you really blame Anakin for his blindness ? I mean, they?ve never had to produce the babies before, simply pluck them from willing families ;)

LuminaraFan4Evr ? Thanks :D

HCzGIRL481 ? Welcome to my story and welcome to the boards [:D]. I?d be happy to add you to my PM list :) I?m flattered you?re enjoying my little story.

Jaded_Rose ? I don?t think he needs to be informed about the birds and the bees, just the necessity of the remaining Jedi adopting the practices of the rest of the galaxy when it comes to them.

I think Padmé chose her words for their shock value to get him to start thinking clearly. She?s annoyed and upset that he doesn?t see things the way she does since she?s fairly certain the Jedi are doing what she?s told him.

DragonLotus - *laughs* I?ll go into Padmé?s career path later ? when Anakin finally asks the question and she?s calm enough to give him an answer.

jedi_princess18 ? Welcome, welcome! I?d be happy to PM you when I update. Thanks for dropping by my little story ;) I think the dynamic between Anakin and Padmé ? with her being the one to really see things are they are and Anakin?s still somewhat naive idealisms make for fun confrontations *grin*

jedilegolas ? [:D] Thanks for coming out of the shadows to leave a reply! [:D] I?m glad you?re enjoying it!

Star_Angel ? You?re right. Anakin?s past is somewhat different than before seeing as how Padmé was never Queen, so yes, he does feel a need for closeness but that should be explained later too ;)

Anakins_Queen ? You?re most welcome. Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading everyone [:D] Update to follow :)

24. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    I feel generous so you all get two chapters today :D [:D]

[u]Chapter 9[/u]

"[i]Blue Skies[/i]"

Padmé woke slowly, the sound echoing around in the cobwebs of her brain, drawing her from peace filled nothingness and back into the world of colors. Slender, but strong hands were on her forehead, firmly pressing down, the finger tips linked to darkened fingers which arched gracefully backwards with dark tattoos on each knuckle. The tattoos continued upwards, only to be lost in the fabric of tightly cuffed sleeves. Grey sleeves. Padmé blinked, following the fabric upwards and met a pair of concerned brown eyes, the double row of tattoos beneath drawing her gaze immediately.

The pressure on her forehead relaxed and, as if the pain had been drawn through those fingers, the first thing she noticed was that she was no longer sore. The pain that had been her companion for days was gone. "Barriss Offee?"

She grimaced, her voice little more than a croak, her throat dry as if she hadn't had water in some time.

The Mirialan Jedi smiled. "Welcome back to the world of the living, Captain Naberrie."

Padmé opened her mouth but a piece of moistened cloth was placed against her lips and she was forced to swallow the moisture it held. She felt rejuvenated, despite the slowness of her thoughts, as if she'd spent a week sleeping solid. A week without dreams of a certain dark haired, blue eyed Jedi Master tempting her and keeping her from her rest.

The thought of Anakin brought her up and off the bed roll, only to have Barriss' gentle, but firm, hands press down on her shoulders. "You have been healed, Captain, but your wounds are only freshly sealed. It would not be wise to make any sudden movements if you wish it to stay that way."

Padmé slumped back against the mat, looking away from Barriss' gaze. "Where's Skywalker?"

"Something you need, Captain?"

He sounded nearby, but she couldn't see him. "What the hell happened?

Barriss moved back, but not before Padmé say the possessive flash in her gaze, and the thinning of her lips. Her hands dropped away from Padmé's shoulders and she stood, taking several steps out of Padmé's line of sight. Padmé turned her head in time to see Barriss place a hand on Anakin's arm, her fingers curling deliberately about it as she leaned in close, saying something in a soft murmur.

Padmé's read her lips with little difficulty as Barriss turned to give her another look and then disappeared from the tent, her robe whispering against the rocky ground. Anakin stared after Barriss for a contemplative moment before shaking himself and moving to crouch beside the pallet where Padmé lay. His smile was relieved as he took one of her hands. "I'm glad to see you're feeling better, Padmé. I had the Gwurran get Barriss when it became clear that moving you any further could have cost you your life."

"I seem to remember something about a hibernation something-or-other?"

He nodded, his thumb smoothing the skin on the back of her fingers absently. "I did what I could to give you the time you were going to need. You'll be weak for a few days. It took Barriss almost two days of deep meditation and Force communication linked with you to repair the damage."

"That long?" Padmé blinked incredulously. "It was a scratch!"

"The shan nicked something deeper than what we could see on the surface. It's why the bleeding wouldn't stop; if we'd continued onward you'd have eventually bled to death."

Padmé fell silent for a long minute, before telling him bluntly; "She doesn't like me."

"She's a healer; she likes everyone."

Padmé's lips kicked into a half-smile. "You're forgetting that I can read lips. I saw what she said to you. About keeping your hands to yourself and not letting mine wander." Her gaze went pointedly to their joined hands.

Anakin flushed but didn't release his hold. "Barriss and I were a long time ago, Captain and I now outrank her; she can't give me orders"

"She still wants you." Padmé informed him. "I'm getting every wa

25. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Chapter 10

Padmé was down and out for another day before she'd decided that enough was enough.

Two mornings after her revival and "miraculous" healing, she woke with a firm resolution. She was leaving the tent today. Her side was still sore, but the wound had healed over. Her shoulders, thighs, hands and arms were a mess of scabs and she felt the distinct need for a bath. She rolled to her uninjured side and was putting her hands beneath her to help push herself to her feet when the tent flap moved.

Barriss entered, as was her ritual, without announcing herself. She stopped just inside the flap. "Going somewhere, Captain?"

"Yeah," Padmé told her darkly, pushing herself into a sitting position and then making to stand. "Out of this damned tent."

Barriss frowned, putting one hand out, and used the Force to keep her in place. "That's unwise, Captain."

Padmé glared daggers at the other woman. "The hell it is! I've been flat on my back for the better part of a week. The bleeding has stopped, the scabs have formed and I'm in desperate need of a bath!"

The first sign of amusement Padmé had seen crept into Barriss' gaze. "Desperate, Captain?"

"Yeah," Padmé cocked her head at the other woman. "Don't tell me you like to go the better part of a week without a wash."

Barriss chuckled, a surprisingly low sound Padmé had not been expecting. "No one likes the inconvenience, no. I wouldn't recommend it just yet, however."

"The hell with your recommendation." But Padmé was unable to hold back a grin as she said it. "I'm dirty. I need a bath. Either you let me go now, or I'll piss and moan and make camp life generally miserable until you do."

"I could simply put you back in a hibernation trance."

"Try it." Padmé's good humor fled. "And you'll be looking down the business end of my blaster from a distance you won't be able to block or dodge."

Barriss examined her patient critically but Padmé's glare never wavered. She meant it; if Barriss made so much as a move towards her, she's snap her blaster up so fast, the Jedi's reflexes wouldn't be able to save her. Barriss seemed to come to the same conclusion and the pressure holding Padmé in place eased.

Barriss' words were even and clipped, as she spoke. "It appears there is nothing I can say that will persuade you otherwise. As the healer I do suggest you don't remain in the water long. It will loosen the scabs and allow for a relapse of infection. I won't be here to accelerate your healing."

"You're leaving?" Padmé's eyes narrowed suspiciously.

Barriss' tone turned casual but her words sounded deliberately cruel to Padmé's ears. "Anakin has informed me of your purpose here; of being sent to... discover my whereabouts. He's also filled me in on the current state of the order." Barriss' lips tilted and Padmé's heart sank. She knew that smile; she'd used it herself when telling wives of a husband's infidelity. "He's also explained, quite thoroughly, on how I can help in maintaining it."

Padmé's hand clenched in the blankets, fighting down the urge to lunge at the other woman and claw the smugness from her gaze. Her blaster looked tempting; too tempting for a woman who shouldn't have cared one way or another about a certain sexy, bedroom-eyed Jedi Master. She managed to keep her tone neutral. "Did he mention the search for the others?"

Barriss' smile turned malicious. "His explanation involved such little talking; I think he failed to mention it."

Padmé resisted an even stronger urge, barely, to snap up her blaster and shoot the smug Jedi right between the eyes. Her hands were well tangled in the blankets and she was sorely tempted to use her feet. She swallowed the bile that rose in her throat. "And despite this... conversation, you're leaving?"

"Only for a couple of days, Captain. Long enough to collect my things for the trek back to your ship."

The thought of having this woman on her ship made Padmé's blood boil. Something in her gaze or her

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.