main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Thanks for the update, Neck. I thought maybe we'd been hacked. I thought about following the link, but I was a little concerned where it'd take me.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Is there an official diorama thread? I'm thinking of putting one together and I wanted to see what others have done. I've seen sithman's, it's great, but I want more examples.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Jedi - I took a look at the 'Links to Official Collecting Threads' at the top of the page and didn't see one listed. Why not PM Mara or Mr. Neck and see if you can start one?

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks LAJ I think I will :)

5. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    I just bought Gamecube on Thursday and played The Clone Wars. It's way kool and all but I was wondering if

***Possible Spoilers for Episode 3, highlight if you want to read***

the Jedi tanks that Mace and Luminari drive will be the same tanks in Episode 111? If you have read any of the spoiler threads you might remember that supposedly the Emperor gives the command to the Clone troopers to kill their Jedi master's and in one scene a Clone tank turns on a Jedi tank and blows it up.

**End of Possible Spoilers, if you wish to respond to what was posted above please give a warning and block it out by blacking your post out like I just did above***

What do yall think? MTFBWY

Edit by Neck: Editing in a warning and blacking out possible spoilers...

6. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    dude, you may want to edit that. I know some people are trying to stay Spoiler free til 2005. I'm not spoiler free, but plenty of other people are.

7. codemaker

Nov 24, 2003
    Woops, diden't think of that. Plus time expired on editing it. Hope i dont offend anyone. That definately was not my intention. Maybe Mara Jade Fan or someone like that will edit it for me. I will tottally understand.

8. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Edited the post for you, but in the future when you (or anyone else) are posting spoilers, or even just possible spoilers, here in the Collecting forum please give a warning first and then black out the post.

You can do this by highlighting the spoiler part of your post black. To learn how to do this please see the Markup Codes link at the top of the forum, the code for highlighting should be the 7th one listed.

Neck :D

9. codemaker

Nov 24, 2003
    Whoa, thanks Mr. Neck for doing that for me.

10. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    No prob, just doin' my job... ;)

11. Scriptkeeper

Scriptkeeper Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2003
    I work for an online consignment business, and I'm selling a bunch of star wars figures. I need some help figuring out what I've got. I know that there's two variations of the Freeze Frame iteration of R2D2, but I don't have any pictures of which is which. In my price guide they're listed as "Death Star Slide" and "Imperial Slide". The ones I've got depicted R2D2 and C3P0 shutting down the Imperial Death Star trash compactor. I assume this one is the Death Star variant (as Death Star is exclusive and Imperial can be inclusive) but I want to be sure.

--And I know that soliciting isn't allowed here, that's not what I'm trying to do. I've specifically avoided naming my company for that reason, and I hope this post is okay.

12. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    The difference between the two variations is in the text on the slide. One says "Shutting down the Imperial trash compactor" and the other says "Shutting down the Death Star trash compactor". The one with "Imperial" in the slide caption is probably twice as rare as the "Death Star" one. Hope that helps! :)

13. Scriptkeeper

Dec 17, 2003
    Okay, another question. I've got a figure in my possession that I cannot find in my price guide. It's the Freeze Frame Lobot with the Japanese card text. I also have the C3P0 with Japanese card text, but that was easily found under the foreign figures heading. Lobot is nowhere to be found. Can anyone shed some light on this?

[image=http://www.sellproinc.com/consign_photos/lobot.jpg]
    [image=http://www.sellproinc.com/consign_photos/lobot_ff_japan_back.jpg]

Add Edit:
    Okay, it also appears I have the Luke Skywalker w/ Blast Shield Helmet and Lightsaber with Japanese card text. Any help is appreciated.

14. Scriptkeeper

Dec 17, 2003
    Okay, I hate to be the Newbie of a Million Questions, but I've got another one. I would identify this as a Short Saber/Head Shot version of Obi Wan. But my book only has Head Shot/Long Saber, Full Figure Photo/Long Saber, and Full Figure Photo/Short Saber. Any ideas which this is?

[image=http://www.sellproinc.com/consign_photos/ben_kenobi.jpg]

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Scriptkeeper - is your book 'A Universe of Star Wars Collectables' or something different? I have 'Universe', and under the alphabetical listing for Ben Kenobi it refers to the full-figure photo being on the package back. The book has a 'full-figure photo, short lightsaber [521791.01]' with a price of 15 US dollars. There is also a 'full-figure photo on package back, long lightsaber [521791.01]' listed for 50 USD.

Edit - unfortunately my book does not list the Japanese-carded figures above, so I can't help you on the other question.

16. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Does anyone know if there is a sticker instruction sheet for the vintage Death Star? I recently got ahold of a vintage Death Star instruction sheet, but it didn't really tell where the stickers went.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Through a bit of Google searching, I came upon this posted on a forum on gadders.com (home of instructions and inserts).

18. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Cool. I went to the gadders site but I guess I just didn't dig deep enough. Thanks!

19. Steve6652

Steve6652 Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2003
    Hello friends - apologies in advance if I'm posting my question in the wrong spot or if it's been asked & answered elsewhere (although I've done some research and I don't think it has).

I'm looking for a taped copy of the Leslie Stahl/60 Minutes piece on GWL and the making of TPM that aired in March of 1999. CBS doesn't sell copies, and the downloads here at TFN are just enough to convince me I must own a copy ;-)

Can any one help, or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

20. Yoda_Soda

Yoda_Soda Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2002
    Hi everyone. I've got a question.

I recently ordered a Darth Vader Force FX lightsaber off masterreplicas.com. The saber was $89 thanks to the Hyperspace deal.

Now that I've got the saber heading my way, I want to know how that Hyperspace is going to arrive. Where do I get more info on this? *ie. How do I activate...

21. Eeth_Koth_is_dead

Eeth_Koth_is_dead Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2003
    What do the numbers (like 0.0000 or 0.0001or whatever) mean? I've never heard an official meaning for them.

22. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Are you talking about action figure card numbers? If you are, a change in number (.0000 to .0001, etc.) reflects a printed change on the card. For example, they might have changed a picture or something in the text, or maybe the overall style of the card.

23. dickunscider

dickunscider Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2004
    I know you posted this a while ago, But I am wondering if you could tell me where I can find lists similar to this for other years. (current series). I made something up in excell with figure names but do not have the year/# on it.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks

24. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
  25. yippieskippy

yippieskippy Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2004
    I just purchased some Protech Star Cases. I've been collecting for a long time and just decided to start protecting my figures. I don't really like the company that I bought mine from and was wondering if anyone here could recommend a company that I can buy both Star Case and Star Case 2 from. Thanks in advance.