main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Like I said, I haven't been in awhile. Waiting for warmer weather for the London trip.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I have a question..

I live In Michigan, where Summer July-September gets pretty hot in mid 80s or 90s, and sometimes very muggy.. I have 2 Millennium Falcons, other ships,tons of figures in my attic..A couple still in box figures.. But not many.. Are my things ok in the attic?? It definitely gets pretty hot in there in summer..

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Probably too hot for them then. Do you have a basement you could put them in? I know those tend to be damp unless they've been made into rooms but if you pack your things in waterproof containers (Tupperware boxes, for example) they should be OK. When I lived in my parents' house in the US they had an attic fan. If you own your home you could consider something similar - helps to keep things cool in the summer. (We lived in CT).

B99 likes this.
  4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah, think i'mma going to move some stuff into basement before the hot days come.. Maybe put them back in the attic when Fall comes...

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's probably a good plan, assuming your basement isn't prone to flooding. (We had a sump pump in one house I lived in as a kid as the basement would take on water in a heavy rain). You might want to store your things above floor level (i.e. on shelves) if you can and make sure they are protected against damp. If you have any metal items that might rust or things like books/comics I'd be tempted to leave them in the attic - it's the plastic things that would suffer in heat. Paper would suffer in the damp.

B99 likes this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    This doesn't really have to do with SW collecting, but how should I store collectable Pop cans with pop in them, not opened? I keep them in my basement right now!

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ohh, you don't want to do that. CrazyMike, the other mod here, learned this the hard way. He had some TPM soda cans and one of the cans exploded. Best way to store your cans is to drain them. If you have to store them unopened I'd put them in a cool place in a waterproof container. I had some old soda cans and they leaked. (They weren't collectable ones, luckily). Try a Google search on storing collectable soda cans for tips on storing.

B99 likes this.
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah I'm worried about it.. I have the BvS doc pepper cans, and The Marvel Civil War ones.. Still have them in box.[face_worried]

9. corperatewookie

corperatewookie Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2017
    Hello, i recently found a bunch of star wars posters all from the original new hope film they are various sizes and are all scenes from the first film. thy are similar images used for the star wars lobby cards but on some of the bigger posters they have some different images. All of these prints say twentieth century fox film corp in the corner. Anyone know anything about these please let me know thanks in advance.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Can you put some pics up and give us a link?

11. corperatewookie

Jul 30, 2017
    Hi, thank you for helping me with this, here are some pictures there are about 18-20 posters in total i took some pictures of a few hope this helps.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Can't see any of those - photobucket stopped allowing third party hosting recently. I'm just getting the generic error image for all of them..

13. corperatewookie

Jul 30, 2017
  14. corperatewookie

Jul 30, 2017
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It gets me to the page but all I see is the same error image. I do see some non-SW images if I go through them but most of what I'm seeing is the error one. I think you'll have to put the images elsewhere if we're to be able to see them. Other people here have had the same problem with Photobucket so you're not alone!

16. corperatewookie

Jul 30, 2017
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've taken a look at those and can't find anything similar in my collecting books. Do you know where they came from originally? The first one looks more like an uncut sheet of prints that would be used for autographs.

18. corperatewookie

Jul 30, 2017
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Can't find these at all in my books but I think I found a bit of information. Take a look at this thread on our sister site Rebelscum. The thread is old and the picture links in the early posts are gone but see if it sounds like what you have.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    OK - I think I found this. Check out this blog on the SW Collectors Archive. If you scroll down to the 'Character portraits' section, there 's a link to this closed auction for a poster STAR WARS 34x38 special '77 Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Grand Moff Tarkin, Obi-Wan Kenobi!. This it?

21. corperatewookie

Jul 30, 2017
    wow you are awesome that sums it all up for me. I wonder if i have the whole set that fox originally sent out.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Glad to help! I have no idea of current value on the poster.

23. corperatewookie

Jul 30, 2017
    i think they have some value all together, the way fox sent them out. I wonder if 400 sets were really sent out to people?. They would look awesome framed, maybe i will keep them. Thanks you so much again for tracking that info down.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No problem! Google is your friend in this type of thing..

25. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I recently found a small crate of Star Wars figures that I bought from a thrift store years ago and decided to put the ones I like that are in good condition on display. I recognized most of them as ROTS figures but there were a few OT figures in there too (I also discovered to my surprise that I have the original Kenner Darth Vader, Chewbacca and Endor Leia figures so I've put them away safe).

Unfortunately some of the figures are missing accessories and parts due to them being second hand. My other non Kenner Vader figure is missing an arm but I'm not sure if it's meant to be like that or not (I figured it could be to resemble Vader at the end of ROTJ).

So my question is has there ever been a Vader figure made missing his left arm? If it helps for details my figure has a small chain around his neck and an unremovable fabric cape attached to him. It would be a shame if it is broken as the figure is quite detailed.