main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    Hi! I've been trying to get my hands on the OT on Laserdisc for quite a while now. The only place I find them is on eBay. My problem is that they won't ship outside the United States (I live in Europe) so I can't get them from there...
    Does anyone know some other way I can get them?

2. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Obi-Ben,

You are also missing the entire Max Rebo Band. These were done is a series of two packs several years ago as a Wal-mart exclusive. You should be alboe to find them on eBay. Also therre is currently shipping the "Jabba Wave" of figures that includes:

Holographic Luke
    Luke Jedi
    Lando Skiff Guard
    Tanus Spijek
    J'Quille
    R2 w/ drink tray
    Rappertunie (Rebo band)

Also there is are two Ultra sets out right now. The first Has a new Jabba and the second includes a B'omarr Monk among others.

You are also missing:

EV9D9
    8D8
    Yakface
    Amanaman
    Gamorian Guard
    Squid Head
    Ree Yees
    Pote Snitkin
    Bib Fortuna
    WeeQuay
    R2 w/ pop up saber (flashback card)
    Skiff Guards cinema scene (circa '99?)

There is also the Skiff which was a Target exclusive from several years ago that included a Luke figure.

For the most part these should be fairly easy to find with the exception of ReeYees and Pote Snitkin. Amanaman migfht be tougher as well since it was a deluxe figure.

Hope this helps you out.

ON a side note. Beware of Brian's Toys!!!!! He consistantly overcharges for currently shipping figures and is generally much higher on older items. You are ususally much better off going to eBay( you don't hear me say that.......EVER!!!) Cloud City are good people but are hit and miss as far as pricing.

Someone asked about Target previously. More than likely they are clearing out older stuff in anticipation of the OT collections that should start hitting shelves in June. Good time to pick up markdowns at TARGET, and remember the final Target mark down always ends in 4 ($5.94 etc..)

3. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Question: I seem to remember the POTF2 Hoth Leia being an Official Fan Club exclusive. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thank you. :)

4. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Yes,

The Fan Club four were:

Hoth Leia
    Pote Snitkin
    At-At Driver
    and
    Death Star Droid

These were issued October of '98. The last group before the Flash backs started.

5. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Today I managed to acquire MISB Episode 1 Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul banks. (You know, the ones that fit together...) I was wondering if there was anyone out there who could tell me how much they are total?

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Riddle me this, I picked up "comm tech Maul" in my Value Village Haul and on MY version, it reads Episode 1* Episodo 1

it also has french and spanish tranlastions on the character board with the disclaimer (also in french spanish and English) that 'figure speaks in English only'

Where is my Maul from?

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    That might be what is called a Tri-logo figure. It could be from Canada.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    'Universe of Star Wars Collectables' says that they are usually foreign versions of figures. They do make their way into the US, but are normally seen as less desirable by collectors.

9. smeg_for_brains

smeg_for_brains Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    hello,
    ok, so here's my problem, I'm moving to a smaller appartment, and i need to offload some store displays, that are fairly large. tried posting in one of the other forums, but i didn't know that it wasn't allowed. so i'm wondering if there's a classified forum out there, i've tried sir steve's guide, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of traffic. and i'd rather sell them to a collector in the area (toronto), who can pick them up, or i can deliver to, as they are pretty big and would probably be damaged in the post, and i'd feel bad about that, so that's why i'm going to use ebay as a last resort. so can anyone help me out, by pointing me in the right direction?
    Thanks

10. smeg_for_brains

smeg_for_brains Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    Darthbreezy,
    that Maul figure you have is definately from Canada (i'm from canada, that's how i know) But the tri-logo figures, as i understand them, refer to the european figures, which have 3 large logos in Frence, English, and Spanash, and they are not just written on in a plain font under the star wars logo, they are stylized like our north american "Star Wars" logo. hope that helps

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You could try the rebelscum forum - they have classified boards.

12. reab

reab Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2004
    Here's a tough one.

I've been trying to assess the value of my collection by comparing and contrasting the prices I find online and elsewhere. But there are two items I can't seem to locate. Both are Wal-Mart displays I managed to get my hands on when I caught a Wal-Mart employee headed for the back door (and presumably, the dumpster) with. This was in 1999 or maybe early 2000.

The first is the easiest to recognize. Every Wal-Mart at the time had it hanging above the toy aisle. It's a carboard poster that depicts a close-up of Obi-Wan on the right and the three-lightsaber battle between Obi-Wan, Qui-Gonn, and Darth Maul to the left. There is nothing written on it. There is some scotch tape on the corners, and a few minor flaws (mostly softened edges). The picture is "landscape" style, with the width being longer than the height.

The other is a bit more rare, as it advertised a "Lego Star Wars Lightsaber Building Contest" to be held on October 2 (I think the 2nd). It shows two kids holding lightsabers and a little Lego guy with a comic book ballon over his head telling all about the contest. I'm not sure if this was a nationwide thing or something exclusive to my local Wal-Mart or what, but I was glad I got hold of it. This poster is two-sided and also made of cardboard. Both sides depict the same thing and it's roughly poster sized. It's in slightly less-than desirable condition but still not bad at all. Again, there is scotch tape in the corners.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone have an idea what the value of store posters like these are?

2. And more doubtful, does anyone know the value of these particular posters?

3. If no to 1 and/or 2, does anyone know what the most reliable source for this information is?

I understand that things like store displays are an even tougher market to gauge because user-demand and product supply are so off balance. I also understand that every item, ESPECIALLY a store display, is worth as much as someone will pay, but in trying to value my collection, it could make a world of difference to have a ballpark figure. I don't want to assume they're worth $100 if they're only worth $2 and vice versa (I'm thinking probably somewhere in between).

13. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Reab,

I'm sorry I can't even begin to give you
    a price range, but I do have a tip.

1. Do an ebay search for them, and if you find
    them, track them and record the closing price.
    There are also ebay stores that carry point of
    purchase stuff, you may find them in there and
    compare.

Good luck.

14. reab

reab Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2004
    I tried searching the ebay auctions but no luck. I'll try the purchase stores. Thanks. If anyone else cares to take a guess, I'm all ears.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I did take a look in 'A Universe of Star Wars Collectables' for you, but the section on Store Displays is very short and only gives values for a few for vintage figures. So it's no help here!

16. reab

reab Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2004
    Hey, thanks anyway. :)

17. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I've always felt that the card backs on the
    "Animated" Clone Wars figures of were inferior
    quality. They seemed to bear more deep lines
    and other imperfections than usual. Then, after
    closer examination, they look to me to be made
    of recycled paper. Does anyone know if this is
    the case?

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Right, as you may or may not have read, I found these in a jumble sale at Esltree Boresham* near London, Anakin Girl has one, Jeanette has one and Mike's will arrive when J wings her way eastward. (The other went to my generous host in NYC) so I have two, one for me and one for a lucky collector as soon as I figure out if I want to sell it. The digital camera does not capture them rightly, but you get an idea...

[image=http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v17/DarthBreezy/empire/empire_001_edited.jpg]

[image=http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v17/DarthBreezy/empire/empire0_edited.jpg]

The copyright reads (c) 1978 Black Falcon LTD

Any ideas other than pre production promos?

*Esltree Studios is where George filmed the original trilogy...

And thanks again for dinner Mike! it was a joy to meet you guys!

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I took a look in 'Universe of Star Wars Collctables' for those and there was nothing. That could mean either they were not available in the US (since the book lists items that could be obtained there) or maybe they were not on general sale.
    I also did a Google search on Black Falcon LTD and one of the entries I found said that was what Lucas was calling his company back then.
    So you may have something pretty limited. Can't tell you more than that..

20. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    LAJ_FETT

You are a GOD!!!

I was thinking of Googling but hadn't done it as I thought it would be a Lager (beer) company...

I think it's time to seriously consider putting them in a safe place other than my travel bag wrapped in plastic and decidedly NOT sending it to E-bay yet...
    Not a bad find for about $1.50 each...

Edit

Holy crap... of course!! It doesn't say "Lucasfilm" which came later... *wow*

21. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    wow that definatly isn't bad for £5 :p

22. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Keep Mike's safe J! :p

By the way...

[image=http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v17/DarthBreezy/silly/Holiday1_078.jpg]

23. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I shall, at the moment they are both next to my computer :D

[face_laugh]
    expensive eh? ;)

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, no guarantees on value, but I wouldn't rest your drinks on them! :)

If I come up with anything else I will post it, but maybe someone else knows more than I could find. I did put a couple of suggestions in a PM to Breezy though.

Edit - found them! They are ESB cast & crew coasters. Go
    here to see a bit more info.
    The main site is toysrgus and there is an email contact at the bottom of the page. You could email him to see what he thinks his is worth..

25. USTommie

USTommie Jedi Master star 2

Sep 12, 2002
    I assume someone else has asked this, but I just want to know how much the original LP records of the OT soundtracks are worth. I sadly only have the Star Wars Audio version of the movie on LP, but I have the ESB and ROTJ versions. They are not in mint condition, but they are still complete and in good condition. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!