main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks R2, those sites were cool. I have built
    up a nice refrence catalog of sites. Should all
    come in handy as I rebuild my vintage collection,
    which is what I'm focusing on until the OTC comes
    out.

Thanks again!

2. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Phantom,

The new Gen Madine has a variant in which the baton is either in hand or packed sep. ala 0MM9 with the binoculars. Get with it.

3. codemaker

Nov 24, 2003
    Oh yeah, Happy Cinco de Mayo, burp.

4. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Okay, thanks. I hadn't heard about that one. I guess I'll go with the one that comes holding his baton, since that's what Hasbro has been doing more and more lately. I don't know. Whichever I find, I guess.

Happy Cinco de Mayo to you, too.

5. codemaker

Nov 24, 2003
    All the ones at Target had the 1 with the baton packed seperatley so your right.

6. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    A question that hopefully LAJ_Fett can handle with his master book concerning three posters. I'm looking for any print run numbers, value, etc. on these posters. -

10th Anniversary Return of the Jedi poster - has the classic red background with Vaders helmet, mylar gold lettering. There may be several variations including prototypes that didn't yet include the mylar lettering.

15th Anniversary Star Wars (A New Hope) poster (2-versions) - looks like the classic SW poster with bulked up Luke with the saber and Leia knelt beside him. There were two versions, one with the standard SW logo in the corner, and then another that replaced SW with A New Hope inside a Star Wars border in the corner. Any info on both of these variations such as whether one was more rare than the other, etc. would be much appreciated.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, the book is real good on listing posters but not so good on putting pictures of them with the listings! I will give you everything on the 10th and 15th anniversary posters that it has. You might have to search a bit to match up the description and the poster. As usual, all prices in US dollars.

"Star Wars 15th Anniversary poster by Melanie Taylor Kent, 20x30 (1992)...25.00
    Star Wars 15th Anniversary Movie Poster by Greg and Tim Hildebrandt, limited to 5,000 copies, 27x41 (Collector's Warehouse 1992)...15.00
    Deluxe, signed edition of 1,000...50.00
    Star Wars A New Hope variation...15.00"

"Return of the Jedi 10th Anniversary Advance Poster
    27x40 (1993)...15.00
    Deluxe version, gold foil border...50.00
    Return of the Jedi 10th Anniversary Style A poster, 27x40, by Kazo Sano (1994)...15.00"

8. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    That'll work. It was definitely the Hildebrandt version of the 15th anniversary poster I was checking out. That's the info I needed - Thanks!

9. CountessYnaAda

CountessYnaAda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    Pardon me if I'm intruding. But when you look through the icon lists you find a picture of what it calls Dooku as Padawan. I was wondering, is that from a fanart, comic book, something other? Because if it's a comic I would much like to get it. Thank you. And sorry if this question is in the wrong area.

(The picture is my avatar for those who wish to see it but cannot find it.)

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The short answer is - I don't know. However, there is a thread over on the Communications board devoted to new icons. If you repost your question
    here, maybe the artist will answer your query.
    Note that there are over 4000 posts in the thread so you will probably just want to go to the end and enter your query rather than try to read them all.. :)

11. CountessYnaAda

CountessYnaAda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    Thank you LAJ_Fett. Much appreciated. :)

12. codemaker

Nov 24, 2003
    Has anyone found the new Gen. Madine with the baton in hand, not packed seperate, but actually in his hands?

13. Darthmich

Darthmich Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2001
    Hi everyone...new collector here

I am mainly just interested in the basic action figures...I was wondering if ALL action figures released since the 1995 Power of the Force series are still widely available for purchase on the internet? I am interested in a few figures made back in the mid-90s, such as 4-LOM and Zuckuss.

I appreciate any advice...thanks

14. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Darthmich,

The first place most collectors look for previously released figures is eBay. I would imagine that you could find those there and probably not for too much.

15. Darthmich

Darthmich Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks for the advice, Rebel Spook

16. Rabid__Wolverine2004

Rabid__Wolverine2004 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2004
    i have the hall of fame c3po and i notices a silver shin and foot on one of his legs. everything else is gold.

is this a varyint or is this just a basic figure?

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Don't know. However, I found a picture of the figure
    here and it looks like it has the same 'feature'.

18. Odowan

Odowan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    That's not suprising considering one of C-3POs legs is silver in the movies.

19. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
  20. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, I have one of the authentic Episode 1 one-sheet posters, it has watermarks of LucasFilm all over the reverse side, and I am wondering what the value of it is. LAJ?

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, 'Universe' and 'Collectors Wishbook' have differing opinions on this. 'Wishbook' is the newer book, however. They list a couple of posters - advanced and theatrical so I will give you both. (Prices in US dollars).

Wishbook:
    Advance, 27"x40",rolled - 40.00
    Advance double-sided, 27"x40" rolled - 120.00
    Theatrical, 27"x40" rolled - 20.00

Universe:
    Advance - 75.00
    Theatrical- 50.00

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I have seen the AOTC Yellow Clone trooper pilot
    going for as much as $15+ in on-line auctions
    lately. I don't remember having any trouble getting
    this when it came out. With most of the AOTC staying
    at about retail two years later, does any one know
    why this figure has spiked in price?

I know a local walmart that has a few of these
    collecting dust. Have they become a hot army
    builder?

23. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    JUKE, I think that some of it has to do with the fact that eBay is full of scalper sellers and uninformed buyers trying to find something that isn't collecting dust at their local Walmart or Target. I must admit I haven't seen one of these in ages at a store near me. I have also seen the gunships going on clearance in some places and as people get more of the gunships, they need more pilots!

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    You know Spook, I hadn't thought about the fact
    that the CW Gunships gave collectors a second shot
    at getting a GS. I missed out on the AOTC at retail
    but bought a loose one later.

If any one out there is looking for AOTC figures
    for your dioramas or collections, they are out there.
    The funny thing is, most are still at retail. Strange.

25. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    Question here! =)

Does anyone know the difference between the OTC Darth Vader's Tie Fighter and the POTF2 one?

Thanks for any help!