main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lame Lineup...questioning if I should go or not...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by buntcake, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buntcake

buntcake Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    I swear, that announcement by OfficalPix just put another nail in the "How lame will CIII be?" coffin.

None, and I mean, NONE of the events they have lined up seem like any fun except to those fellow geeks who climax by meeting Captain Typho (LAME!). I'm at the point where I don't mind losing my airline ticket money. You would think that Lucasfilm would have done a better job with this convention, but alas, I am speaking of the same company that gave us Jar-Jar and Howard The Duck.

BLECH!

Like I care about meeting a guy who wore a freakin' costume in Episode II. To quote one of my favorite lines from any movie "Yo man, you a tracer!"

SHAME ON LUCASFILM, GENCON, AND OFFICIALPIX! BLECH!

2. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Could you possibly post a link to this announcement, so we can judge the quality for ourselves?
    or am i just feeding a troll?

3. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Dude, if the guests are all that you care about, then you and the rest of us are better off if you don't go.

4. buntcake

buntcake Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    Sure thing, it's on the main page of TheForce.net.

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Celebration_Celebrity_No_Shows_90204.asp

I never Troll, I'm a genuine fan who's really upset that this convention looks to be completely devoid of anything cool. I mean, come on, playing the five movies on the big screen? My home theater can rock harder than anything that's in the local cineplex. Jeez, I mean, if George said Sith will be finished in the beginning of April, shouldn't we get the first look? No, of course not. The silly Frogs in France get a peek at the Cannes Film Festival. Not the die-hard Star Wars fans who will waste hours and money going to a boring city like Indianapolis and wasting time meeting the guy who played the thing that popped up behind Anakin in Episode II for 2 seconds. AUGH!!! YOU SUCK LUCAS!

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, this is as good of place as any to complain if you want...that said, there's still plenty of stuff to announce, which they'll continue to do so until the day of the convention. Secondly, actors need to work to eat, so it's not anyone's fault that they can't make it to a convention because they need to work.

I guess I should ask, did you go to C2? If so, did you have a good time then & there? Other than Carrie Fisher, none of the people listed as not coming to C3 were at C2.

6. buntcake

buntcake Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    The guests were all I cared about. I thought it would have been really awesome to meet Mark Hammil since I wanted to be Luke when I was a kid. You know, meeting a boyhood hero. I'm not a collector who wastes thousands of dollars on platstic baubles, I'm just a fan who wanted to shake the hands of Mark Hammil or Sam Jackson and say "Thanks". That's all. But noooooo, we get to meet 'lil Boba Fett. UGH. I swear, I'd have been better off meeting 'lil Connor Peterson before his daddy dumped him in the San Francisco Bay.

7. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I smell a locked thread coming on.

Before that happens, might I add that "lil' Boba Fett" (who is now 18 I believe) is really cool in person.

8. buntcake

buntcake Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    Sebulba-X, I didn't attend C2. But my point was, that yes, actors have to eat. But seriously, I don't think any of the big names are starving. And of all the conventions that they should attend, wouldn't you think a Lucasfilm-sponsored "Star Wars" only convention would be the one place outside of Comic-Con that they would go? This isn't some weekend, hickville sci-fi nerdfest. This is the coup-de-grace of all Star Wars gatherings and to NOT have at least some of the major players (David Prowse and Peter Mayhew are NOT players, they're models for costumes) is a disgrace and shows me just how little George cares for us.

9. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Like Seb said, they have to work. Unlike a lot of us who can take vacation time, a lot of these celebs are tied to a project by a contract. Ever hear of a thing called "breach of contract"? They're not cheap. Just chill & see what else is announced.

What does Connor Peterson have to do with SW? Sure, his dad's about as evil as Vader but...

10. buntcake

buntcake Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    They're not cheap? What? Is Lucasfilm so devoid of cash that they can't spring for them? Contractual obligations I understand, but how about a little planning ahead of time. You know, like booking the time with the talent 2 years ahead? BLECH! CIII IS LAME! BLECH!

11. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Peter Mayhew is a friend of ours and MEPA has had several successful events with him. He is NOT just "some guy in a costume." Why don't you put on 50 lbs of yak hair and run around under stage lights for a few hours?

Anyway, for autograph collectors, they have an impressive lineup. (I've never seen Caroline Blakiston at a con before.) I don't really collect autographs, but for those who do, it's a chance to get some great ones.

12. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm dissapointed too about the celeb lineup, but I'm not going to cancel my trip, I mean sure you may not get to see who you wanted to see, but look at it this way. Now you don't have to spend money on their autograph and waste time standing in the lines to meet them. It gives you more time to do other things. But if you were coming *only* to see the big stars, then yeah, I agree, you may wish to reconsider your vacation plans.

13. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I have to say that I am disappointed that there won't be bigger names at C3, but I wasn't going to see actors. I am going to be with other SW fans at the last and biggest Celebration and to spend time learning more about one of the greatest sagas created in modern times! Would I have liked to have met Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, or James Earl Jones? You bet! But, they are not the end all and be all of SW.

14. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I swear, I'd have been better off meeting 'lil Connor Peterson before his daddy dumped him in the San Francisco Bay.

All I have to say is you need to get a grip. I can't believe you would post such an insensitive remark.

15. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Whose this Conner Patterson?

16. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm sure Hayden will be the guest of honor like he was last time. They didn't announce him until the very last minute for C2 either, but since he's pretty much owned by LFL until ROTS is released, I'd bet he'll show again.

Plus, the highlight of my C2 trip was getting to meet so many cool fans from all over the world. I know that sounds cheesy but it's true. I had more fun hanging out in line just chatting with folks.

17. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Seriously dude. Put down the meth, crack pipe or whatever and take a breath.

18. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Danny Logan and Peter Mayhew are two of the nicest people I've met. Peter is a blast to hang around with and very funny. Jeremy bulloch is also a great person, Michael Sheard, Ken Colley, Julian Glover, Ammy Allen, etc. They are all great people to hang with and talk to. Just becuase Amy Allen was only in AOTC for a few seconds, would you not want to see her? She seems to be a very big fanboy draw in last I checked. It takes every actor to make the movie, otherwise they wouldn't have been hired for it. If all you care about are 'big name' guests like Mark and Carrie, than you should just get your money refunded now and stay home. BTW Mark Hamil is awesome in person, though he'll talk FOREVER if you give him the chance LOL. Thinds are being announced quite often now, I was a little dissapointed a few months ago, but its getting a lot better now as C3 draws near.

19. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I'm pretty disappointed that the guest lineup doesn't have more big names.

/still going though

20. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    At DragonCon, (2003), one of my old managers took Amy Allen out to a bar, just the two of them. So I myself have to meet her and ask her if she remembers him.

21. Elysia

Elysia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2001
    Plus, the highlight of my C2 trip was getting to meet so many cool fans from all over the world. I know that sounds cheesy but it's true. I had more fun hanging out in line just chatting with folks.

I agree. I went to C2, my first time at any Con and just cannot wait for this one.

22. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    I'm probably gonna get creamed for this but, GEORGE LUCAS DOESN'T OWE US ANYTHING. That sentiment is the thing about fandom that drives me the most nuts. It's simple supply and demand. If you don't like the product offered, don't buy. If nobody buys, then they'll either go out of business or give us something better. Unfortunately, it looks like there's still enough people buying. They put together what people will pay for, pure and simple, NOBODY owes us ANYTHING becuase we're 'loyal fans'.

And having that off my chest, I'd also like to chime in that Peter Mayhew is a very nice person and I look forward to the chance to meet him again. I kinda like getting to meet the 'minor' stars who are much more grateful to interact with the fans. Beats putting up with the big egos who really don't care because they know there next gig will pay the bills regardless of what we think about them.

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm sad that the bigger names aren't coming. I've also heard that Hayden will not be coming because he is shooting a movie in April, and that Ewan will not be coming because he will be in a stage production. :( But I am still going. As others have said, I'm going to meet all the people I've been chatting with on these messageboards for three years mainly, everything else will be icing on the cake for me.

24. jediseanUF

jediseanUF Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2005
    This is just an educated guess, but since Wayne Pygram was just announced as portraying Tarkin in ROTS, and given the fact that he has done Farscape related signings, I would bet he will end up being one of the "to be announced shortly"

25. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Yay I get to meet Linda :D FINALLY LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.