main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lame Lineup...questioning if I should go or not...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by buntcake, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Glad to see this thread has become civil. I'm like many of you in regards to autographs. Just not gonna spend my whole day in line waiting for a signed picture. Now there are some I do want, more for the reasos Dal mentioned then the actual signature. Either way, dispite SOME peoples opinions, I think C3 will be just fine.

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    To sum up... I'm much more interested in hearing what the big names have to say (ie, see them in the seminars and other appearances) than to have a 10-second "meeting" with them and an autograph.

This just illustrates the different reasons why people attend, and what they want to get out of the convention. I did not attend a single panel at C2 that included a celebrity. I just had no urge to hear BTS stories or things like that. No slight to people that like that stuff; it's just wasn't my thing. If the line situation is a little more organized this time, then I may try to attend a panel or two. Granted, the way the autograph panel is shaping up, I'll already have most of what I want, so I may have more time for panels. :p

At C2, I waited a couple of hours for Carrie's autograph and it was well worth it. She was pleasant to me, joked that I was the "first Dalton" she had signed for that weekend, to which I responded she was the "first Carrie" that had signed for me. I showed her a picture of me reading a Princess Leia Golden Book to my (at the time) 3-month old daughter to which she commented how cute she was and how she looked like me. Then of course, the line police kind of shuffled me along. Sure, it was quick, but it was nice and I got to meet one of my childhood crushes. [face_love]

3. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    If people want to meet Jake Lloyd, I think he still lives about an hour outside of Indy. He was at C2 just walking around and talking to people; he wasn't even a guest, but he was there. I'd think he's one of those phantom five people waiting to be signed to come. I'm definitely hoping two of them are Billy Dee and Tem, though. Those were the two people at C2 I was upset about missing.

4. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I'd really like to meet Jake Lloyd too. It'de be fun to meet a SW actor that's in the same age range as me. :)

5. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    For one thing I was one of those who spent 8 hours in line to meet carrie fisher. It wasn't really a meeting more like a stop, stare, drool, thank her and then move along. I waited and it was worth it, to me! People do what they want because they want to. She seemed prety personable, she commented and was nice. Imagine sitting there for 8 hours while hundreds of people were paraded before you who all think that you owe them something because of a part that you played in a movie 20 years ago. Hell I would seem pretty out of it as well.

On a better note I for one am very glad I will be out of town (in Indy) the weekend that buttcake, or whatever his name is, will be here in vegas.

6. LadyLessa

LadyLessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    So far I am not really disappointed by who will be there to sign autographs. I am going to have a good time and meet other fans. I was at CII with my son and this time around I will be there with my husband, daughter and 2 grandkids. My grandson is anxious to go as he is a big Star Wars fan.

7. ARIEL-5150

ARIEL-5150 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    I will go to CIII mainly for two reasons:
    1. Meet fans from around the world
    2. Watching the toy collections and wandering around the hall were people sell things.
    I am not a fan of autographs or meeting the actors.

That said, I can relate to Buntcakes complaints, because autographs and meeting stars is what he wanted to have in this celebration. Everybody goes to this CIII for different reasons and being this supposedly the End-all-Be-all of star wars, they should had been able to put at least 1 or 2 stars of the movies (Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher,Ewan Mc Gregor, Samuel Jackson, Hayden Christensen,Anthony Daniels, Cristopher Lee). I know that there will still be a lot of actors and actresses there for Autoghraps, but lets keep in mind, again that this was supposed to be the "GREATEST STAR WARS EXTRAVAGANZA EVER". I would feel terrible if I was to find out that the guy from cloudcity collectibles would not take his Huge collection to display in this convention (Who knows, maybe he won`t). How all of us would feel if the entire 501st would not had been able to go because whatever reason? My point is that a little thing for one of us, may be a HUGE thing for another.
    And to be honest, I went to CII and this one does not "seems" to be shaping as good as CII.
    I heard that there won`t be a concert like in CII (It`s that true?).
    I don`t know if Ben Burtt (Sound design and father of the ligthsaber sound)is going to give a Q&A like in CII (I really enjoyed that).
    There will not be an Anthony Daniels as MC and instead we will get Captain who? Come on.
    At least we will have our great friend Warwick (wich by the way, since we don`t have Anthony, he should be the MC).
    They HAD more than enough time to put this thing together in a better way and it is starting to look like they didn`t rolled up their sleeves and moved at all.
    But I`m not bitter. lol

8. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    umm..

jake was comfirmed the other day..

Just keep a eye on the offical site durring the next month and all your worries will be solved.

Im going to C3 cuz well its C3 and to be in the Largest 501st photo ever.

Im keeping a open mind and C3 will be awesome.

9. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Maybe Gencon really wasn't the greatest choice to run this convention. It seems like they're thinking small, hometown feel, when it should be big.

10. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Bottom line: The event is still over a month away. There is still time for change ("Always in motion is the future." Anyone? Anyone?). One way or another, someone is going to be pissed because their specific desire wasn't met: "It sucked because they didn't have the ice cream maker the guy ran thru Could City with! It ruined my entire time! They owe me!" Well, none of us can make a judgement until we're actually there. Until they say "This is it. Everything is set in stone. Nothing moves from this point on." let's keep a little optimism, ok?

11. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    ^I want to see the actor who played the Stormtrooper who bumped his head in ANH.

Seriously, If I get to meet David Prowse or Jeremy Bulloch at the con, I could die a happy person.

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I saw Mark Hamill at Grand Slam yesterday in Pasadena and I told him I was sorry to hear that he wouldn't be attending C3. Mark said that IF his scheduled cleared, he would definitely try to go, and that he really wanted to attend.

13. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    This is a bit late to reply to this post, but in response to Glymmer's

At any rate, I've been to C1, C2 and I'm going to C3. I've met people at all three conventions that I consider to be some of the best friends I've ever had. So when you ask me why I'm going, it's probably more to interact with fans, rather than actors.

I totally agree with her. I spent too much money at C2 getting things singed by the actors that I wasn't able to truly enjoy myself. I am really looking forward to interacting with the fellow fans out there because of how great everyone acted towards each other at C2. There's just a general sense of camaraderie(?) and good-naturedness. An electricity of excitement in the air, if you will. I'm looking forward to seeing Grimby, Glymmer, and plenty of others that I met at C2, but I'm also looking forward to meeting all the new people I've been talking to like spooky-kid, Darth-Bootsy and IEatPoodoo (I love that name!) So YES! I am ENTHUSIASTICALLY going to C3. And to be honest, I really wouldn't care all that much if George Lucas himself was there. Because I know there would just be too many people try to ask him questions of this and that and stuff I just don't care about. Friendship. That's where it is for me.

14. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Jeremy Bulloch and David Prowse are both very cool. I got to meet both of them at C2 on the first day and talked to them briefly. The autograph area was nearly empty and we got in & out within a few minutes. My recommendation if you're getting sigs, try to get them as early as possible on the first day. Get it out of the way fast and you have the rest of the time for whatever you want to do.

15. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    There could be no movie celebs at C3 and I'd still be going.
    I loved seeing all the costumes at C2. Rick McCallum's Ep2 digital preview was absolutely jaw dropping. The fan performances (SW in 30 minutes, etc) were great. And I got to meet lots of cool people who I could have a conversation with and they wouldn't look at me funny ;)

16. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    although it's been mentioned a few times, it should be stressed that it's still over a month away. if i recall correctly, the biggest names at C:II weren't announced until pretty late.

i don't really care that much about autographs..the only one i got last time was that of SuperGenius and it was the coolest ;)

perfect example of different strokes for different folks: meeting carrie fisher while she's "spaced out" and complaining of a crying baby would be awesome to me. :D

no offense meant to crying babies or people who don't like spaced out people.

17. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    The above poster is right.

I remember in the two weeks leading up to C2, there was practically a new guest confirmed every day leading up to the event.

Having said that, autographs are the last reason I will be attending. Given that C2Ventures is once again handling the autographs, that was reason enough for me not to bother trying to get any. I have a few from C2, I'm good with that.

There are many more fascinating things to me, that are more worthy of my time down there.

18. Darth_Bootsy

Darth_Bootsy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2004
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

19. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Kind of alter repsonse,but since this topic is back up:

"sigs, try to get them as early as possible on the first day. Get it out of the way fast and you have the rest of the time for whatever you want to do."

That is exactly what I'm planning to do. On Thursday morning,I'm gonna go hit the C3 store,then go over to the autograph hall. The only problem is that Billy D. won't be there until Saturday,so I'll have to wait in line again. But oh well,it's worth it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.