main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Lando Disney plus series (rumors)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Jul 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  2. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    More OT era and legacy characters :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this will be more of a Han Solo sequel in form of Lando.and still 10 years before OT trilogy.

4. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Well I would prefer the HAN SOLO sequel to focus on HAN SOLO.

Anakin's Daddy likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah i would agree but with this series we could get Han Solo and chewie back in reccuring roles as they both have done jobs for Jabba. And they be friends for long time until they betray each other that ESB reffrence.

6. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    This is great news! Glover's Lando was the best thing in Solo. I thought the overall movie was pretty darn good, but Glover's Lando was fantastic. There are so many things they could do with this. I could see this being part of Kenobi if the titular character leaves Tattoine for whatever adventures the series showcases; then take off in it's own series. A Star Wars Underworld-type series has been a major desire for both Lucasfilm and the fan base for a long time, this would be a perfect way for this to come to fruition. And Glover has all the charisma to lead a series. If this is true, its bound to be yet another big win for SW on Disney +.

7. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    This hasn't been officially confirmed yet right?

If true, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I like Donald Glover a lot in general, and I like Solo, but I have to say I didn't think much of his performance as Lando and I certainly don't think it had anything on Billy Dee Williams.

He's an excellent actor of course and would hopefully improve his take on Lando for the show.

I think I also would've preferred a Han-focused show starring Ehrenreich.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    This could go a few ways.
    1) it could be a cameo in the Cassian series. The timing of the scoop seems to line up since we've heard very little of the series and they've been working on it quietly for years.
    2) It could actually be a Solo series with Lando in the mix. I find this to be the most likely. They share similar back stories anyway and Solo left off on a cliffhanger.
    3) its an independent project. I kind of doubt this because the appeal of Lando is not in his back story but in Billy Dee's portrayal. Plus we're already extensively covering that ROTS>ANH timeline, why another story?

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    "The Calrissian Chronicles" ;)
    I know it's not confirmed yet, but considering who are reporting it, just give it a few weeks/months before it becomes official.

Sarge, TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Grace Randoph said in a video a few weeks back that she heard they wanted Maul to appear in a Lando show

themoth and TadoFett like this.
  11. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Billy Dee in TROS set up stories to come for Lando potentially set in either his past or his future. Whether with him or Glover it seems almost certain we'll be getting more Lando probably sooner rather than later. All for it!

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I predict we see more of Lando's relationship with Crimson Dawn that he alluded to in Solo. Maybe Aurra Sing returns from her fall.

RetropME, Blobofat, TadoFett and 2 others like this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If it’s not called The Calrissian Chronicles I’m not watching it. :p

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, I've said this so many times it conspicuously inflated my post count. That title or you can keep the show, LFL.

15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Best news I've heard since the pandemic hit........who doesn't need Mr Smooth in your life?
    [​IMG]

Blobofat, Sarge, TCF-1138 and 2 others like this.
  16. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Least then people can start arguing about whether Han and Lando should meet again. i remember many felt they couldn't see each other again after the Solo movie till Empire Strikes Back.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I suspect even after Solo they remain friends and work together. I suspect the betrayal happens olny a few years before ESB.

Sarge likes this.
  18. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I was always under the impression that winning the Falcon was the only 'big' beef between them. I've never in all the years I've been a fan reading and watching tons of material thought that there was some other major 'betrayal', just a loose distrust between them.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Sounds fantastic. The GFFA is a massive place. There are all kinds of stories to tell, and places to go, that we’ve never seen before. Lando will open up a whole new look into his underworld, IMO. Great choice for a TV show.
    It’s gotta be with Glover.
    Why would she have to return? We could just see her before the fall...
    Maybe because Donald Glover is a force of nature? I can’t understand why they wouldn’t want to do a series with him at the center of it.

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if get old Lando in here somewhere and he tells his tale, similar to Bilbo in the hobbit.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Not my favorite storytelling device, but sure, why not? My guess though is that there’s a young Lando series, and that Billy Dee is also going to appear in another series set after TROS, or around the time of the ST. I mean, we gotta learn about how he got that leopard print outfit.

TadoFett likes this.
  22. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    That usually works better for a movie than a tv show, or episodic format.

23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A Solo Prequel let's you use the Clean Millenium Falcon and L3-37, and gives Phoebe Waller-Bridge a bit of work.

And sets up a crossover romance between L3-37 and K-2S0? Can that work in the timeline? Maybe not.

24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Definitely intrigued, but I hope that this will give Glover the opportunity to add nuance to his take on Lando. Although I generally like his performance in Solo, to me it often verges closer to a really polished impression for Saturday Night Live.

Qui-Riv-Brid likes this.
  25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Nah, I think they need to meet up in-canon a few more times. Solo dealt with their first meeting. It would have been odd if they didn't meet up again till TESB. The way they conversed in TESB made it seem as though they had more of a history than a week or two (which is probably the time-frame that the second half of Solo takes place over).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.