main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Lando Disney plus series (rumors)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Jul 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I don't see how that could work very well and tie into TESB. If they only ever had what was basically interactions over a day then they are as good as strangers who should have no feeling for each other. In TESB they come off as actual friends. Why would Han be that upset for Lando's betrayal? Why is Lando concerned for Han in the carbonite?

The whole "Have you been taking care of my ship." seems like a rib that actual friends would use on each other over years. All that is actually required is that they haven't seen each other since the events of ANH took place. Han might have seen Lando any time just before that.

What is important is that Han hasn't been to Cloud City before only heard of it.

To be fair Lando is a support character, a very good one but still in support of the main characters. As with so many of Lucas' characters we feel that there is so much more than the movies tell us because of the density of the universe he created. We get to see these realized characters, the design that went into them, the context that exists around them that fires the imagination as to how they might exist in that world and the excellent casting eye that Lucas had which pulled it all together.

Lucas just does it over and over again like it's nothing but it all comes out of his basic Kurosawa lead "immaculate reality" which has also been described as the "used universe" though I think that the former is a far stronger term because the latter tends to get watered down to simply thinking that if things are shown to be "old and rusty" then it isn't being done right if it isn't that way. Which of course means that ANH starts totally wrong because "old and rusty" applies to Tatooine and not the rest of the movie all that well.

The point being Luke knows "If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from.” ie Tatooine is a long way from Corsucant (which itself has plenty of old and rusty under the surface).

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    For all we know Han and Lando drink together an hour before AHN.

3. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Then Lando tipped Greedo off!

;)

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if this could be a prequel to Solo. Then we got Lando and droid back. Maybe they want to use the rumored Crimson Dawn show for post solo stories.

5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    This sound quite promising. Maybe this is better than a Han Solo show. Lando's past could have more leeway than Han. And Han can still make appearances.

I'm curious to find out how much business Lando has with Crimson Dawn while staying out of it enough that he's not known or recognized at Jabba's Palace.

For my head canon, I'm assuming Boba Fett recognize Lando, then waited to see his plan play out. Boba may have wanted a shot at Luke Skywalker - stop the Jedi before they can return.

6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    "Someone must have told them about my little maneuver at the Battle of Tanab"

I'm guessing that the plot will be around that throwaway line from RTJ

7. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Why are we to assume that this would be better than a Han Solo show? How did you come to that conclusion?

Why would Lando do that?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  8. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Maybe, if this is even true, they're planning on using the Lando series as a guinea pig to test if fans want more stories set in the 'Solo Cinematic Universe'?

If it succeeds, then you can bet the moisture farm we'll be instantly hearing rumours of 'Solo 2 being repurposed for Disney + series' and 'Crimson dawn series reportedly in the works starring Qira along with Maul cameos.'

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Emperor Ferus likes this.
  9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Great news. Hopefully it happens. I love legacy characters. Hopefully Maul can appear too.

TadoFett likes this.
  10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Lando's past and future are less defined than Han Solo's, which could give the series more freedom than if it centered on Han.

One example is Lando can go it alone or team up with new characters. He can drop those new characters too. A Han show by default is really a Han Solo and Chewbacca show. It's also a Millenium Falcon show. Those could be great, but it also limits the series.

TadoFett likes this.
  11. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Hey! He was just making a deal!

:D

12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think it's a case of them falling out and then making up again and again, dodgy dealings and nefarious contacts and get rich quick schemes.

Sarge likes this.
  13. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Alden's Solo should definitely appear in a Lando series along with Chewbacca , Darth Maul and Qi'ra.............

TadoFett likes this.
  14. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I hope this isn’t right. I hope it’s a Solo series that’s a continuation of the movie with a Lando appearance.

TadoFett and Darth Chuck Norris like this.
  15. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I'm fine either way. If it's a straight Solo sequel, I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd be fine if it's a Lando series primarily, with Han and Chewie only in for a couple story arcs. I'd also be fine if they do a Crimson Dawn series, and Lando, Han and Chewie are just supporting characters. It all depends on how they frame it.

16. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    With Ehrenreich and Glover signed on the reprise their respective roles, I have a feeling this is more for the rumored Solo followup as opposed to them both getting their own shows.

That said, I love the idea of each getting their own show. They could run concurrent to each other, and feature crossover episodes. It would be a chance to give us both their stories, as well as their time together that developed their friendship. This is one of the more interesting friendships in Star Wars. Two guys who like each other, get along well, and respect the hell out of each other, but for all that makes up their friendship, they still don't trust each other. That dynamic leaves so much to be explored. So much to be mined for our viewing pleasure.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    Sarge and TadoFett like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I just think that a Lando-centric series offers the opportunity for a much more interesting and unique series (especially if Glover helms it), while Solo-centric will be fun but standard action adventure.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I'd like to see more of Lando and Jannah's adventures together. Maybe in special episodes set entirely in the post-TROS era.

TadoFett likes this.
  19. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I agree with you there. With Lando, they have so much open space and wiggle room to play with his backstory. The writers could have a lot of fun with the show. Han has some flexibility, but is a bit restricted compared to what they could do with Lando.

Bor Mullet and TadoFett like this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Might be a hint for this show or other shows of the Solo cast, maybe he'll be involved.

Grey Matter and Master Cado Afu like this.
  21. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Oh my.

The #MakeSolo2Happen people will love this.

I love this.

Childish Gambino back as Lando? Yes. Yes. And yes.

And obviously better as a TV series than a movie. And I don't think Alden Ehrenreich is busy, Brave New World I believe has been cancelled at Peacock.

This could really happen.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Alden has been pretty open about coming back same with the actor who plays Chewie. the onlly one that might be in doubt is Emilia coming back in as Qira, but it seems she aint busy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.