main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lando Lando's not a TV Show, he's a FILM.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    He flirted with Han. He literally calls him "baby"...

2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Since this will take place before ESB but after Solo, what character arcs should Lando go through to become the man we see later on?

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I rather it be pre-Solo. then we can have longer look at his falcon and his droid.

whostheBossk and Sarge like this.
  4. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I don't care what arcs Lando take, just as long as he does it with a Colt .45 in his hand, and ends every episode by holding up the can saying, "It works every time", as a scantily clad lady pops out from the bedroom.

Edit: And it has to be Donald Glover in the role.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I want Dryden Vos to appear again. I think this might be the one era of him without Han. Give us his work time with Crimson Dawn.

my kind of scum and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    To me, this is a show that could be completely episodic and I'd be totally satisfied. There could be a vague arc of some kind, but to me, it could be a Cowboy Bebop kind of situation and that would be fine. Especially in that dream scenario where Billy Dee introduces some Glover adventure every time.

my kind of scum and Sarge like this.
  7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm thinking a series along the lines of the old Lando trilogy in Legends (which I have!). I seriously think not calling this series The Calrissian Chronicles was a major missed opportunity.

When it first got announced, I was thinking post-Solo. Now, thinking about it a hell of a lot more, I would prefer a series of zany adventures pre-Solo. I loved Lando's Millennium Falcon. And L3. Would love to see more of both.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  8. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    This didn’t really excite me at first, but the thought of going back to Cloud City and really getting to see more of the city is reason enough to watch. Awe-inspiring settings like these are what Mandalorian hasn’t given me yet.

Here’s hoping they tell that story of how Lando went from scumbag to respectable administrator.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    whostheBossk likes this.
  9. Kylo_Ben

Kylo_Ben Jedi Knight

Jan 5, 2017
    I think it works because it shows the evolution of the character. In SOLO he was dressing and acting like the person he wanted to become. He was faking it till he made it and operating out of pure self interest and no values system. Then, obviously something changes and he does actually become legitimately “respectable” as Han Solo puts it. Even when he is more mature in ESB he isn’t a purest not willing to twist his values a little for his own self interests.

10. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I really don’t know what to expect from this series. TBH it’s the one I’m least excited about. If It is post Solo then Lando is detached from most other characters of that time period. It also can’t really be the Solo sequel everyone is clamouring for.

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m thinking pre-Solo. And it’s one of my most anticipated shows, next to Andor.

my kind of scum likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It's pre-solo no doubt about it. we can have Dryden Vos, why exlude from getting more of him. We can have Lando meet him and work for him and Maul will be in the shadows and in contact with Dryden. we see Aurra and see if Becket killed her or not. We can visit Fulucia as he mentions it in Solo. We can get prequels tie ins, maybe see some old clones or battle droids.

13. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    I'm hoping for post-Solo because I am pretty anxious for a follow-up to the Crimson Dawn plotline. But perhaps Lando will be its own thing, and they still have something else planned for a Solo follow-up in the future?

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ...and also young Lobot with hair.

TheYodaPagoda and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Pre-Solo we could get more of Lando’s cool Millennium Falcon. Post-Solo we could actually have Solo and Chewbacca show up. I’m good either way.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I just don't need to see the post-Solo Crimson Dawn plot progression, and am much more interested in where Lando came from. His backstory might be the most interesting one of all the OT legacy characters, in my view. I'd like to see his relationship with his mother, for example, alluded to in Solo. Not least as Star Wars has been "father-centric" for some time when it comes to parent and child relationships...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    One Quarter Portion and Sarge like this.
  17. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Hopefully Ludwig comes along for the ride:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    my kind of scum and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    The origin of Willow Hood........Lobot’s barber.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    If "I, Lobot" isn't immediately announced as a spinoff following the success of "Lando," I will probably end up rioting.

20. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I'm hoping its post-Solo, so we can get Lobot as Lando's sidekick, new ship for Lando and maybe even see the Cloud City again.

If this show is multiple seasons, it may end with Lando becoming the Baron Administrator of Cloud City.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  21. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Willrow Hood is actually Mace Windu!!!!!!

clone commander bossk likes this.
  22. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    When I first heard of Lando appearing in the Solo movie I thought of an idea of Lobot his buddy and deaf and communicates with the thing on his head. They could do subtitles like it was another language.

23. CISMestizo

CISMestizo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2020
    I freaking love Lando. Second favorite OT character after Luke, but I have my reservations about Donald Glover's Lando. Something about it seemed really off to me in Solo. He acted cool, but not the same way Billy Dee Williams does cool. Williams' Lando just seems really fun to be with where as Glover's seems really suave. Like he was trying too hard to be cool. Maybe it was do to the direction though. He felt a lot more like Lando in the last scene of the movie.

Also his voice seemed a little too high pitch for me. I know it's a young Lando, but like with Han it seemed a little too young.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  24. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    These are the arcs we will see...

Schmoozing.

Cape shopping.

Some run-ins with the Empire.

Some ol' pirates.

Some bitter sweet victories. “I don’t like it, I don’t agree with it, but I accept it.”

Flirting with everything and double-entendres.

All with Lando retelling the tales into his mic as the Lando Chronicles.

The final shot will be Lando in a cockpit, the lighting turning orange, and a reflection of Cloud City appearing in the cockpit glass.

25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Last shot should be Lando on a Cloud City landing platform being met by Lobot...

"Welcome Baron Administrator"