main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lando Lando's not a TV Show, he's a FILM.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It's not getting a lot of love.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If it were a bit less vague it would probably generate at least slight more excitement. We have no idea what Acolyte is even about but we at least know the basic timeframe of it so people can speculate. While we assume this is young Lando, we don't even know that with certainty.

3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I mean, it's cool that we're getting something in the Solo timeline, but I can't get too excited about it until we start to get some idea about what it really is. It's just easier to get hyped about the stuff that's coming sooner and starting to come into focus.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It is rumored that LFL will want to reach out to Alden and make a solo 2 kinda series with Han and Chewie, maybe we could meet them here, Lando could be like a prequel to solo.

TadoFett likes this.
  5. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I'm actually hoping Lando is a sequel to Solo. I want to see what was Lando up to after he lost Falcon, how he met Lobot, that little maneuver at the Battle of Taanab, how he won Cloud City...

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ... whether or not he was allowed to keep all the capes aboard the Falcon when he lost the ship...

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think either prequel solo or just Lando's adventures. I think a solo sequel is in the cards and talks.

TadoFett likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I'd really much rather see his earlier years where he's struggling to make a name for himself.

TadoFett likes this.
  9. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Landos pan sexuality is finally confirmed now by Lucasfilm but I am not sure how well that’s going to resonate with many Star Wars fans.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  10. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Oh well! I honestly feel like LFL is in the position that nothing they do will please those types of "fans", who find something to be upset about in absolutely everything. I'm sure they look at stuff like the insane attacks on the High Republic YouTube videos and say "ehh, why bother even trying to placate these people, let's try to win some goodwill among other demographics by doing positive things and/or whatever we want". And rightly so.

11. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    True but at the same time I am not thrilled about this and at the same time I am not upset either.

I just have mix feelings about it and I worry that Star Wars might bomb again at both the box office and on Disney plus.

Going on to the high republic, I’ve been reading positive reviews and even some YouTube users have been given good reviews too.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The chances of this having any impact on the box office or success on Disney+ is basically zero. Outside of a handful of people on the internet, no one will even hear about this, much less let it influence their decision to watch something or not.

Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    If people are upset by a fictional character being pansexual, that's their problem, and LFL or Disney should not try to satisfy a tiny minority of bigoted fans.
    Solo "bombing" at the box office had literally nothing to do with Lando being pansexual, and it's not going to affect the popularity of future movies or shows.

14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm hoping Donald Glover's able to do a bit more with the character. I definitely like him in Solo, but the performance to me feels more like a caricature and not nearly as nuanced as Billy Dee.

15. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I understand now. I just hope for the best is all.

I gotta admit Donald glover did a fantastic job as lando and I hope Donald himself is in the lando show.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    TadoFett and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Could be subtitled Lando: Or How a Lovable, Good Looking and Smooth Scoundrel Came to be Running Cloud City

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Dr. Spacelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Tibanna

TadoFett, MrDarth0, Blobofat and 2 others like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe we finallly get some droid love from Lando.

19. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002

That’s what I am hopeful of the origin on how he became governor of cloud city.

In Solo a Star Wars story, we only see Lando as a smuggler and I hope Donald Glover reprises his role as Lando again in the tv show.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    TadoFett and Django Fett like this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Lando: The Gambler Who Walked Up to Cloud City but Came Back as Baron Administrator

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Frankly, I want a Lando Calrissian series throughout his life.

Or one where he takes down the Crimson Dawn.

black_saber and TadoFett like this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Lando: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Senate

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'd like to the build up, I can imagine he's gotten into quite a few scrapes between Solo and winning Cloud City, some with Han and Chewie and others with a wide variety of characters.

Jedi Knight Fett and Sarge like this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Lando: The Assassination of Aurra Sing by the Coward Tobias Beckett

25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    No more shoe-horning Palpatine into Star Wars material where he's not supposed belong!

...Or do you mean the actual Senate?

:p

Riv_Shiel, Sarge and TadoFett like this.