main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Laser Quest Meet: Sat 8th October!!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Very pleased that you can make it Raj, hopefully the shoulder injury wont hamper you too much. Likewise your broken fingers Koren, sounds painful :(

Sorry to hear you're having some bank problems Jeannette. You don't seem to have much luck with Natwest.

Okay, hopefully then I will confirm all the details by Thursday. I think we should also play Laser-Quest boggies during one of the games :p ;)

2. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I know, I really don't get what is the problem. According to the student loan paperwork the money should have gone in last week, if not it should have gone in yesterday but when I was transfering a domain name last night the payment was refused :confused:

On my way to University tomorrow I am going to check what is wrong. I bet the bloody money hasn't gone in :rolleyes:

3. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Good luck with the bank Jeanette. My bank has been rather irritating lately too...

4. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Thanks.

Must be a conspiricy to steal our money :p

5. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Who's Mike?

Is it Mike from Monsters Inc. You know, Mike Wakowski? Has he got an eye?

Mike's eye Mike's eye Mike's eye Mike's eye Mike's eye Mike's eye

6. JunoirVader

JunoirVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2004
    I'm Mike. Not Mike Wazowski, but I am Mike. I dunno what post you're referring do, but my name's Michael.

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Sounds like a strange one Jeannette. Best to check with Mr.Bank Manager tomorrow and see what your account says. Very puzzling though, you'd think the Bank would like you to have money in your account :p

lol@ the Mike speculation. Don't worry though JV, it's nothing to do with you though ;)

8. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Tice is right, weve been wondering who Jeanette's Mike is. lol Do you think that we should have each others mobile numbers as there's more than 1 big clock at Waterloo and we don't know what time your train will be coming in (people running late, not knowing who's who, etc.). I might have a few more people up for LQ and Star Wars too. If there's odd numbers then I don't mind waiting in Wetherspoons for everyone with my dodgy digits. [face_whistling]

9. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Try going to the collecting forum or the fan force Canada and look for a moderator with funky colours ;)

Or my profile for that matter (ok it's late and I started antibiotics today so I'm being dumb :p )

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I've had a look at the timetable for SouthWest trains, and I think we should be able to make the 11:27 from Waterloo, which should arrive at Kingston at 11:55
    I did mention in the inital plans about visiting Forbidden Planet before hand, but we probably wont get time to do that in the morning now. So from LS we will head to Waterloo.

I don't think it matters if we have odd numbers for Laser-Quest, so you wont have an excuse Koren ;)

Exchanging phone numbers would be good. So if you'd like to do that, just PM me :)

11. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    According to my bank I have £500 so don't exactly know why payment was refused :confused:

I guess at the moment it is pot luck if my card works :p

12. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    The wifes invited quite a few like minded bods so should be a good turn out :)

13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I don't post in the London forum much, and was surprised to see this.

If I'm able to sort out what I need to do in the morning, I'd like to come along on this.

Sith-I-5

14. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    You're more then welcome Sith-I-5 :D

I think I will give up on the list because it's getting rather complicated :p

But the jist is, if you want to come then turn up outside the Odeon, LS for 11:00am on Saturday.
    We will proceed to Waterloo via train or tube, and hopefully get into Kingston just before 12 where we will meet with Matt & Koren. I think you should be able to spot us, a group of Star Wars nerds tends to stick-out sometimes :p

Once again, if you want to exchange mobile numbers, feel free to PM me.

Okay, hope everyone is cool with that :D

15. JunoirVader

JunoirVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2004
    Agh, I have been invited to Camden with a big group of my mates, and it's on the same day and time as this! I'm really confused, I'm being pulled each way: In one hand I have money finally to spend there, and in the other I don't see you guys much. I think Ell is going Camden too, I might go with them. Someone said that if this is successful, there will be another one shortly, so if it doesn't go well, I'd rather have been at Camden.

I think I may not be attending, sorry guys!

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    JV & Ell, seriously it's no problem you guys opting for Camden instead. No need to feel guilty, and there's still plenty of us going to LQ, so it wont just be me and Ant running around trying to shot each other ;)
    Just make sure you have fun with your mates :D

I'm confident things will go well for us, so hopefully another LQ meet will be planned in the near future. So just make sure you're available for that one :p ;)

I've also decided that it probably is best to make a list of 100& attendees, so just we know who to wait for at LS.

100% attending:

Lord-Tice (Matt)
    darth-dom (Ant)
    Raj_Vader (Raj)
    Darth_Konikus (Matt/Tiny)
    Kiz-Joa_Janall (Karen + Friends)

If you know for 100% that you are going, please just add your name to the list. Jeannette, not sure what your exact situation is, the whole Natwest business has confussed me :p

17. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    It has confused me also (plus alot of other stuff going on hasn't helped)

I am going to try and attend tomorrow, not sure if I can play just yet as asthma has been acting up since I got back with all the fumes and that here but should (providing no other problems arise today) be coming

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    M'kay, if you can make it then you know where to meet us. If you're not there by 11:10, we will assume you couldn't make it ;)

To everyone: Laser Quest is very tiring and the conditions are hot, dark and cramped. So if you have/need an inhaler, best to bring it along just incase.
    Gosh, I feel like a responsible adult now :p

I'll pop back here later this evening to see if there are any new developments, but if I don't speak to you later today, see you all tomorrow!!!!! :D

19. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    The meet went well, sort of :p

The only major flaw was the lack of Laser-Quest. They were fully booked yesterday, and due to the lack of response from an email I sent them two weeks ago and a lack of information on their website, I didn't book so we missed out :(
    But we still had fun at the pub, Woolworths and the Entertainer, and got to see Night Watch at the cinema, so not a bad day after all :D

Thanks to Koren and Matt for showing us round Kingston, and thanks to your friends for also coming along.

Next time I WILL book!!!!!! So, if everyone is still up for some laser quest, we can at least think about arranging that sometime soon ;)

20. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Yeah I had a good day too, despite the lack of Laser Quest, lol.

It was good to meet everyone!

21. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, glad to see it went well

Sorry I could not attend, but maybe next time

22. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Maybe its a gd thing that we didnt come, JV would never have got into nightwtach.

23. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Yes it was fun, especially watching Matt at Waterloo trying to get through the barriers, right dom? :p

Ellbobin, that movie was only picked based on the people at the meet itself, if younger people were there we would have ended up seeing something else ;)

24. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    It was nice to mett you all :) I had a good day and hope everyone else did too. Apparently Koren counted how many times I said **** which turned out to be something like 58 wich is terible considering I was making a concerted effort not to swear. I blame being brought up in the army. I joined at 17 and it turned me from a boy into a man very quickly indeed. I dont even realise Im doing it half the time. Anyway, next time I promise that my place will be redecorated so you can all come round for a curry and beers or whatever does it for you :)

25. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    I'm glad people enjoyed it
    sorry i didn't come had some problems at my work place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.