main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Last Chance: Myn and Lara >New Year, new posts, and yes, the end is nigh<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Corran-sec

Corran-sec Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2002
    More please! Lara rules (well after Corran)

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Sorry for the wait... here's the next piece! Welcome to the JC's most established extracurricular course in expanding your patience, following the writings of that most miscreant of authors, Derisa Ollamhin...

Seriously, Lots on my plate, lots going on, but I keep scribbling out posts when and as I may...

Hope you all like this next one!

*Derisa*

Myn Donos paused outside his commander?s office, wondering if he should be relieved or disappointed when his request was denied. Things had been pretty quiet for more than a week, which was usually a danger sign for the hardest working squad in the New Republic military. The wiry pilot tapped the annunciator and then entered at his commanding officer?s call to enter.

Wedge Antilles greeted his pilot?s arrival with a nod of acknowledgement, even as he finished his communication. ?I?ll take that under advisement, General, but-... No, Sir. Yes, Sir, that?s what I said. Yes, Sir. Thank you, Sir. Antilles out.? His brown eyes rolled as he closed the commlink. ?Glad you could make it here so quickly, Myn.?

Myn nodded, still holding stiffly to attention in front of his commanding officer. Commander Antilles gestured to a seat and Myn hesitated, until Wedge raised an expressive eyebrow at him. ?Question, Lieutenant Donos??

?Yes Sir.? His face as deadpan as the old, damaged Myn Donos, the young pilot asked in all seriousness, ?Boots on or off, Sir??

The commander?s head cocked to the side, and then a wide grin broke out over his face as he recalled the last time Myn had been called into his office. On that occasion, he?d ordered Myn to remove one boot and assume a most unmilitary posture, while he forced him to confront his obsessive control and, more importantly, the cracks in Myn?s sanity it was covering. Myn?s lack of a sense of humour had been symptomatic of something much deeper and deadlier, and Wedge had pulled the only trick he could think of to get to the root of Myn?s problems.

The object lesson in absurdity of being without a boot, with his feet propped on his commanding officer?s desk, while Commander Antilles fired brutal questions at him regarding hard choices, had hit home. Myn?s progress back to sanity had been exponential from that point. It was a poignant memory for the both of them, Myn, realised, as the Rogue leader?s grin faded somewhat before he shook his head. ?On, Lieutenant,? he replied, meeting Myn?s eyes with a renewed smile.

Myn smiled back and sank into the proffered chair, keeping both boots on and both feet squarely on the floor. ?That being the case, Sir, may I hazard a guess as to why I?m here??

Antilles shook his head. ?The General?s asking for me to consult on something, so I?ll make it quick, Lieutenant. I?m authorising your leave, starting at sixteen hundred hours today.?

Myn?s jaw dropped in surprise, ?I can go?? He swallowed his amazement in sudden fear that Commander Antilles might take it amiss.

Wedge?s face softened into an expression of genuine warmth, his dark eyes twinkling. ?Yes, Myn, you can go. Are you packed??

Myn shook his head and subsided back into his seat, a bemused smile on his handsome face. ?I had not thought...? he lifted his eyes to regard his commander?s face, ?You would let me go,? he finished at last.

?You and your ship. I want you to relax and get back to enjoying yourself in the cockpit, so I?ve authorised your use of an X-Wing and astromech during your leave.?

A nod of the head signalled his understanding of this change of procedure. ?Sir, you are aware of where I am planning to go??

Antilles raised a hand to forestall any details. ?Yes. I?ve had Intel throw together a cover identity of a CorSec officer on leave for you, and your ship is being repainted to CorSec colours now, in keeping with that.? He slid a folder across the table to Myn. ?Details of your cover, and all pertinent documents are in there. Your commlink will remain on and active at all times, in case we need to call you back for any reason.? He regarded Myn in silence for a few seconds, and the

3. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    This is really good! I love the way you wrote Wes! And you've defitely gotten Donod down pat.

"boots on or off?" LOL!!!!!! :D

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Very nice! I, too, loved the part about the boots. Myn must definitely be sane now if he can joke about the incident. I liked the way he was surprised about being allowed to go in the first place. Interesting that Wedge is giving him an identity of a CorSec officer, but I suppose we'll hear more about that in future posts.

5. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    LOL!!!! loved the boot part!!! :)

6. Darth_Mentos

Darth_Mentos Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2000
    Upsidaisy. Let's keep this wagon rolling. Great work Derisa.

7. Yavarice

Yavarice Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2000
    Haha, boot!

8. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    I L O V E Wraith Squadron. I agree with you Derisa, they are the best GFFA books. I own all of the star war books. I always have a x-wing book by my bed.
    I downloaded this story so as to read it later. I just finished reading "Family: A Rogue Pilot." Great writing.

9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Glad you like what I am working on, Admiral. :) Been to the Go Rogues site yet? Highly recommended for all those who like pilots. :) Also, "Family" has been renamed to "Deep Down", thanks be to Rani, my goddess of a beta-reader. It's in presubmission stages to the archives: I'm so proud! :)

I'm very sorry to have let my threads languish, but I have been occupied finishing off the writing of the final USJS posts. I have several days more work to do there, so it will be some time before the next story pieces get posted here. I apologise for the wait, but trust me, it ain't nothing compared to what the USJS people have had to deal with.

I am overcoming my unfinished things issue and my procrastination issue, and this can only be good, as the sooner I do the sooner you can go into bookstores and *buy* my fiction. :)

Thanks again for your patience, that most Jedi of virtues!

*Derisa*

10. Tonin

Tonin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2001
    To The Top!

11. Admiral_Lelila

Sep 29, 2001
  12. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    HEEEEYYYYYYYY Long time since I didn't hear of these two lovebirds.

really like the story so far. Keep up the great work.

Up

Grand Admiral Thrawn

13. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
  14. Admiral_Lelila

Sep 29, 2001
  15. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    "That's why I need to go with him!" Wes brightened. "I can use Myn as a shield."

This topic was one of the few things i hated about the X-Wing series. Lara faded into limbo. Please write more ASAP!!!

16. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Will myn ever find Lara
    will intel throw a cover that isn't blown this time
    and Will we ever get over that boot incident (probably not)
    Find out next time same Wraith time,
    Same Wraith Channel

17. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    /\
    |
    |
    |

UP

18. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    To The TOP!!!!

19. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    You guys are so great! I can't tell you how cool it was to find this thread on page two... it's been so long, you['ve all been so patient... and I have some good news...

I should be finished the USJS posts in the next two weeks. I will have a post ready to go very shortly thereafter... so your long wait, so greatly appreciated by this miscreant author, will soon be over.

In the mean time, watch AotC, and lust after the jedi starfighter with the ring drive... (drool)... I'll be back!

*Derisa*

20. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    up!

you must write more!!!

21. Admiral_Lelila

Sep 29, 2001
  22. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
  23. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
  24. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    MMkay, this story needs to be continued. Be forwarned, I'm going to tell all the Wraith Fan Club members and Wes Janson Fan Club members about it. Once they all read it, they're going to drive you nuts begging for more. This is really good.

I'm suprised there aren't more Myn/Lara stories...

25. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Colour me scared! Those are the two most active threads on the EU Community forum! I have had a great deal of fun reading over the threads there. :)

I will be getting back to work on this story in the near future: many hijinks are planned.

To those who enjoyed Wes's part in the post, you can blame Rani Veko: she's curiously like Aaron Allston in that she sometimes *channels* Wes Janson. Pity her!

(Pity me more: I'm channeling Hobbie...)

Anywho, by all means, tell all your friends about this story, and I be reassured that I will be posting to it fairly soon.

Thanks everyone for your support and the occasional ups. It's always a pleasure to encounter a story i haven't been able to put in any work on on the top pages. :) Your support and ups will be rewarded, I promise.

*Derisa*