main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Last Tour to Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Fistofury, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jorbex

jorbex Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2006
    From http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Overview/FAQ/

Will There Be A Shuttle Service Provided From OCCC To Last Tour To Endor (Hollywood Studios)*?

Yes, transportation will be available beginning at 3:30 PM from OCCC, departing approximately every 15 - 20 minutes. The last transfer out of OCCC will be at 9:00 PM. Return shuttles will operate throughout the event until 2:00 AM, returning guests to all official host hotels for Celebration V and the OCCC. Be sure to look out for staff wearing yellow polo shirts at the OCCC motor coach loading area and Hollywood Studios drop off/pickup location. View the drop off/pickup location here.
    *Note: Not all of our coaches are equipped with wheelchair lifts. We will however have coaches readily available throughout the evening that are appropriately equipped to lift wheelchairs, if needed.

2. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    D'oh! I have really bad eyes. :-B

3. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    that is soooooooooo depressing. Thank you for being a friend, golden girls house.

4. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Brown Derby is completely booked for the 14th. I should have known that.

5. DragonLove76

DragonLove76 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    So if I get there early I can experince the other usual rides from the place, included in the admission? I am trying to see on the schedule at CV what else GOOD is going on if I leave early... probably not much.

6. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    The Clone Wars panel is 6:00-7:00 right before Last Tour. If it wasn't for that, then we would leave early.

7. DragonLove76

Oct 2, 2004
    Isn't there one on Sunday as well?

8. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Sunday is Clone Wars revealed. It's different form the panel on Saturday.

9. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm going to the Insider panel, so won't be heading over to Last Tour until it finishes at 7.

10. DragonLove76

Oct 2, 2004
    I purchased the ticket today, and try to be leaving the convention about 4-5pm.

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    OMG! Thank goodness that the pickup point is on the backside of the OCCC. My hotel is over the bridge on the backside, and I have to run back there to change out of my stormtrooper costume before I head off to the event.

Although when I asked at the Disney booth, they told me the front side of the convention center would be the pick up point. We'll see which is right.

Hopefully I'll see some of you there!

12. DragonLove76

Oct 2, 2004
    You can always Facebook message me, or PM me to have a meetup. :)

13. Plagious

Plagious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    I was about 5 rows above Lucas at the Temple of doom/jedi 9:50 show. It was great to see him appear right before it started. And I only waited in line for 45min!!! Not to mention the other VIP's that made it. Well worth the wait.

For me The last tour to Endor was the highlight of the convention. Big stars, good music, great fans and amazing fireworks. It truely felt like a celebration.

14. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Woohoo. the 9:50 show had a lot of stars present. while i didn't get quite as close as Plagious, it was pretty awesome.

and the fireworks. wow - what a show.

15. DLoSith

DLoSith Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    My brain has exploded and made a mess all over Disney. George Lucas sat in front of us at the 9:50pm Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom show at Last Tour to Endor. Here's video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eCHtHpl9vA

16. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    We left after the fireworks. Did anyone stay till the end? Some Disney workers were telling us that we were gonna miss the "blowing up" of Star Tours. What did they do?

17. Plagious

Plagious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    Nice that was closer than me.

The fireworks were great! It really made it feel like a CELEBRATION and not just another convention.

18. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    This was my third Celebration. I remember C3's "Celebration at Celebration 3" being kinda lame, but was still bummed that C4 had no real second-to-last-day party (officially, at least).

C5's Last Tour to Endor really took the cake for me. That and going to the main event made the trip more than worth it. I had tears in my eyes during the fireworks show even. And the Hyperspace Hoopla was a blast.

19. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Those maniacs! They blew it up!

More or less they did, anyway. Bit of theatrics.

20. DragonLove76

Oct 2, 2004
    I thought the $75 was well worth it.

Disney ain't cheap, and I went got on ALL of the rides (Unforunately missed out on Narnia one though) and saw the Indy-SW crossover and it was Awesome!

21. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    IMO, the Indy/Jedi show saved the Last Tour to Endor event. Getting to ride the ride with no lines was ok. The dance party stuff was kinda lame and the fireworks that I waited and waited for were actually pretty underwhelming knowing that it was something that came from Disney with input from LFL. I expected better.

But, the $75 was worth it for that Indy/Jedi show.

22. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    I kinda agree.. at least def about the fireworks. It was cool but I think it was a damper to put in the Ani/Obi dialogue from RotS.

But being in the same audience as Lucas was freakin amazing. And seeing Seth Green fanboy at C3PO saying 'Robot Chicken' was adorable.

23. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    The good thing about getting in the Indy/Jedi show at 12:15 was that a lot of people were out for Hyperspace Hoopla and the fireworks show, so there was no line. Mark Hamill showed up for that show; I don't know if he was at the previous ones. However, because of the late start and ending after 1 AM almost caused the shuttle buses operating till 1 AM to leave visitors behind.
    I didn't get there until well after 9 because of a traffic jam. Several of the shops were closed by then. My shuttle bus' driver came to a screeching halt to narrowly avoid rear-ending a car as we merged onto the highway.

24. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Yeah....we bought 2 tickets before hand, and didn't end up going.

We had some friends ( the family I used to nanny for) come in for the Celebration, and we spent the day with them...decided to go to dinner @ downtown Disney around 7ish and waited FOREVER at the TREX restaurant (it was worth the wait!)

I have to say though, it was SO much fun to walk around with the little boys at the convention! They did the JEdi Academy and both got picked to go on stage...the 5 year old tried to run off stage when it was his turn to fight Darth Vader though. And during the 501st photo (that we were watching) they kept yelling down to the Captain Rex's to get them to wave...they tried so hard to get their attention.

Sad I missed Last Tour....but it was time well spent somewhere else. :)
    I hope you all enjoyed it!

25. DLoSith

DLoSith Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm starting to recover from my CV "hangover", and getting videos and pictures organized.

Here's my video of the Hyperspace Hoopla at Last Tour to Endor. A certain Bounty Hunter makes his appearance at the end. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o90WjeTJmtE

And if anyone hasn't seen it yet, this is the clip of George Lucas sitting down in front of us at the Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eCHtHpl9vA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.