main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Late Edition (Dear Diary 2008) - Entry #3 is up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by karebear214, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Title: Late Edition
    Author: karebear
    Notes: The diary of an HNE (Holonet News & Entertainment) intern during the Clone Wars, for the Dear Diary 2008 Challenge

Entry One...

I don?t do diaries. I never have, despite receiving several expensive decoratively-bound books intended for the purpose throughout my childhood, and purchasing a new, updated datapad every year, each of which features conveniently time-and-date stamped blank ?pages? for the recording of personal thoughts.

Perhaps I just don?t figure on anyone ever finding the mundane details of my life interesting. But from what I?ve heard, most people that keep diaries hide them away and become unreasonably distraught if anyone else reads them. And that?s what I don?t get: if you?re only writing it for yourself, then really what?s the point? Can?t you remember the important things without writing them down?

This isn?t to say I don?t enjoy writing, or that I don?t think it?s important to keep others informed on the events of the galaxy. Neither is true. My current work towards a degree in communications is proof of my strong belief in both of those things. I?ve even got an internship at HNE, which is what brings us to this point. This internship involves far more sitting around than one might suspect, and this... diary, is what I?ve resorted to, as a way to kill the time...

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Nice beginning.

I'm sure the intern will find [plenty to write about with this new job.

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You're off to a great start! =D=

4. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Entry Two...

People think it never rains on Coruscant, but this is, of course, a false assumption. No planet can support humanoid life without water. Even on Tatooine, people pull moisture out of the air and Coruscant has a substantially larger population. Our reservoirs need frequent topping off, and even if that weren?t the case, no climate control system is perfect. We?re all used to the sudden, short squalls that come and go when vapors collect into heavy clouds. I know more than I ever wanted to about those, because my best friend?s father is a meteorologist. What we?re not used to is steady, drenching downpours. I don?t think it has stopped raining for at least a week. Any available surface upon which water can collect is flooded, and visibility is so poor it snarls speeder traffic. I?ve never seen water like this. The producers dislike it because it interferes with satellite reception and wreaks havoc on live interviews. I enjoy watching the shots of lightning collected from the satellite cameras we have scattered around the city.

5. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Entry Three...

Late Edition is when the interns get to play. According to the statisticians in charge of interpreting ratings and such, no one watches the midnight news, so it doesn?t matter if we mess up. By this time of night, the news station is running on a skeleton crew anyway, and the broadcast is mostly just borrowing footage shown earlier in the day. The morning news gets all the fun stuff - the live shots and the fresh updates on late-breaking events unfolding. Like this morning, when there was an assassination attempt on the senator from Naboo. By the time the night crew showed up, all their was to show was recycled political commentary (utterly boring and generally worthless). We ended up throwing in our own commentary on our headsets, generally discussing the senator?s wardrobe (with particularly interest on the size of her brasserie).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.