main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Late introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Blue_Daddys_Girl, May 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_Daddys_Girl

Blue_Daddys_Girl Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2021
    Hello!

Sorry for the delayed introduction, I was pointed in this direction but Real Life distracted me a fair bit.
    The name's Nora, but you're welcome to call me Blue if it's easier. I'm an early 30s writer who put my original fiction on the shelf in the 2020's hot waters to turn to fan fiction.
    The nickname comes from my inordinate fascination with blue skinned men—Thrawn, originally, but then I started writing Cad Bane...

I'm French by nationality, but spent the last 10 years living in NZ, OZ, and the UK. I'm looking at moving back to mainland Europe now that things are easing a bit. I don't think I can take another piss poor summer in my life before going absolutely bat**** crazy.
    After a whole year of sitting on my couch in my grotty room with a ceiling window up a shaft that guarantees 0 direct sunlight throughout the year, all I want for 2021 is rays of sun and fruits and veg with taste. Another goal would be to reduce my published Wips from 7 to 3 or less.
    A girl can dream.

I mostly write the PT era, although I find the movies a struggle to watch, even tipsy. Recently started a series following Taron Malicos (yes, I love bad boys, I do) in JFO and of course my longest (ongoing T_T) longifc follows Thrawn before Rebels.
    I'm hooked to Bad Batch (Crosshair, my beloved ahah!) - and my two fav characters outside of actual sour-puss old men are Obi-Wan and Ahsoka.

Outside of SW world, I do a lot of 3D/2D (well, in SW fanart too I suppose), reading and writing SFF, rock climbing, hiking, knitting, photography, board games, DnD, lots and lots of Video games. I'm your run of the mill active and well travelled nerd.
    I don't cosplay and don't own merch outside a couple shirts and the black series Cad Bane (I'm weak), because I'm forever on the move. One day I'll settle and be stupid with my money like everybody else I'm sure!

Lots of interesting stuff going on in this forum! Looking forward to my life calming down enough that I can spend more time browsing at more leisure. Looking forward to meeting you all!
    If my rambling introduction left you wondering about anything more, ask away!

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Wow! That's how to do an intro! No questions from here. Though, you need to come to the US, next. ;)

3. Blue_Daddys_Girl

May 8, 2021
    I had planned for a 2 years visa to Canada with a stop in the east coast of the US before going North, but something something, covid, no visas something something lol

4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Ah, yes. Well, we've gotten rid of the orange cotton ball, too. So it should be a lot easier now.

5. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    [​IMG]

Welcome, nice to see a new fanficer. :)

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Welcome to the community. :) We have boards for art and fan fiction, so please let me know if you’d like help navigating those.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Welcome to the boards!
    [​IMG]

8. Blue_Daddys_Girl

May 8, 2021
    Thank you very much! I'll join in the fray!

I saw there were fanart ones too! I'll explore more down there soon. I'm on a wip catch up bender until this weekend T_T

I cannot tell you how much of a heart attack the notification email gave me when I was informed Ahsoka Tano was messaging me!

9. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    You'll get used to various star wars characters messaging you. :p

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the forum!

Blue_Daddys_Girl likes this.
  11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome to the forums.

For civility sake, we generally try to avoid talking real-world politics in most of the forums on these boards.

12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome @Blue_Daddys_Girl ! I'm late to this party too, but I'm around to help if you need me mate ;)

13. Blue_Daddys_Girl

May 8, 2021
    Thank you all for the warm welcomes! Don't worry, if I need help I shall scream from the top of my lungs until a mother hen rushes to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.