main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Late to the autograph party...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darksider13, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Darksider13

Darksider13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2017
    So, sad story. My sister and I didn't know if we'd be able to make it for the Friday of celebration because we weren't sure what schedules looked like until yesterday. So I bought us our tickets for Friday last night (we already have Saturday passes) but I remembered we kinda needed to buy autograph passes ahead of time.

We're both going ape over the fact that Hayden will be there but of course he's sold out. Are we SOL? We have the money now to get a photo-op ticket but because pre-sale sold out, are we out of the game? If we miss out on him, what's our best option for even being able to see him while he's signing? Or do they cover the autograph area with a big blanket to prevent people from crowding around taking pictures like myself?

Just curious because I understand how secluded he likes to be traditionally and I have a feeling the only reason he's here this year is because A. He makes a quick pretty penny from signings and/or B. He's contractually obligated because he's working on something SW related. So unless he returns for another film or really likes that little burst of extra income enough to return, I doubt we'll be seeing him again inside a convention center for a long time.

Thanks for anyone who can help me understand this whole process!

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Someone on reddit said they emailed and were told once tickets are sold out, they are gone. This person was asking about Felicity, but assuming what he said is true, it's probably the same for Hayden. I don't think you'll be able to go in the autograph area just to see him. You certainly wouldn't be able to take pictures. If you can go Thursday, he will be at the 40th Anniversary panel.

3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    You might want to get into contact with them and ask, if that's possible. From what I gather, what was being sold online was for "pre sale". So taking that literally, you might be able to purchase a ticket on site. But again, try getting into contact with their customer service and asking.

4. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012

The bigger stars are hidden behind curtains, prolly to encourage you to pay to see them. At the older celebrations, the minor stars would let you take a photo with them for free, but since they are all charging for photo ops, who knows if that will be the case.

Felicity and Hayden are signing for a very limited time, so I can see them being completely sold out.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    At the first London Celebration my partner and I were taking a break on a bench outside in the sun and Peter Mayhew came out for a smoke. He sat on a bench pretty close to us and my partner got a few pics with his camera. We didn't bother him otherwise as there was a member of the convention staff with him.

6. atmicwedgy

atmicwedgy Jedi Knight

May 26, 2007
    There is the FB SWCO Ticket Exchange page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/257890457964550/
    Plenty of folks have already asked about buying autographs from people who'd be willing to sell. So I'd recommend trying to 'stand out', which unfortunately sometimes means paying over cost.
    Good luck.