main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Latin America RSA?

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Corran_Horn_, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corran_Horn_

Corran_Horn_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    I just read in the JC Communications forum that Son of the Suns is stepping down. Is this true? Does it mean that Latin America currently has no RSA? I know we are the smallest FF section, but we are growing (Panama has just been added and they seem to be really interested in developing a strong FF)
    What will happen to us without an RSA? Will this devalue our JC realty? Who will give us our cheesy poofs now? Who will we go to when the night is cold and our parents lock us out of our house?

Seriously though, any info on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Relax, as far as I know, Son of the Suns is taking a breather not resigning.

¤Night

3. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, I'm willing to farm out Subulba to you for a while. He's not doing much these days. 8-}

Seriously, I would sirect all problems/concerns to the GSA's. It's my understanding that SotS's absence it temporary, so presumably he'll be back to resume his post.

~H~

4. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    Cool thanks. I hope SotS comes back soon!

I'll just bitch Hama or any GSA until I get what I want until then. . . [evil laugh]BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!![/evil laugh]

*kiddin'*

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    It's already being discussed among the FF staff. We'll let you know something as soon as possible.

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    :rolleyes: Yeah...I'm just twiddling my thumbs here in the Midwest. [face_laugh] :p

Hmmm, what's another 6 Latin American forums + Spain (& Portugal?) on top of my other 23 and my high school spanish. I've been to Spain, and I've been to Mexico...even had a plane refuel in Puerto Rico, but unlikely I'll be making any FF meetings down there anytime soon. ;)

El verde arbol es gordo.

Donde esta los cervazas? El servicios?

Muy bien, muy bien.

[face_laugh] Yes, we're looking into a few more qualified candidates. ;)

Edit: Seb-X = International Language Butcher. Latin America is worth, what, 2 or 3 Armies on the FF RISK board? Plus a foothold on the ever so tempting blue European Countries. [face_devil] *rolls attack dice*

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Yo recuerdo solamente las palabras para la policia. Manos arriba! Salga del coche! Usted esta arrestado! Tiene armas o drogas en sus bosillos?

Hmmm... might come in more handy than you'd think when moderating a forum...

8. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
  9. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    Well, if I may be so bold, why don't you get an RSA who actually lives in Latin America and knows the language(s).

I don't want to blow my own horn, but I know Spanish, English and Portuguese. . .jejejeje

*g*

Actually, I was thinking of somebody else, like the PR CR, MegaJediRafa. He's reliable, works hard and is totally into the JC. He went through the whole process of building the PR FF with a couple other people (myself included!) And we are both already advising new people who want to make a new FF (like the new forum from Panama and some people from Costa Rica) MegaJediRafa is well liked and respected in the LA Section. He'd make a great RSA. You should really, really, really consider him.

Whoa, it sounds like I'm selling a car. . .

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Would he get mad if I kick him in the shin? I don't want him rust proofed either.

Really, last I checked we had a few upstanding local candidates and the process is moving forward. We have our process and it has always yeilded good RSAs, so you'll be in good hands eventually. ;)

11. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    He's got problems with the doors. . .I think they don't close properly. . .

But anyways, I trust you guys (I think. . .*g*)

And thanks for always listening and being there.

And feel free to kick 'im anywhere. I don't think he'll mind at all. . .

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Una cerveza grande por favor!

I'm sorry my romanic languages aren't the best, I can handle the Italian but not the rest.

13. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    Well you did ask for a big beer pretty well. . . :D

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I've sent SotS a PM asking his opinion of the situation. We may be sending out an RSA questionnaire to a couple of candidates in the next day or two.

15. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Corran, thanks for advertising me! :D
    But I'm sure they'll make a good decision.

BTW, The doors work fine. ;)

16. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    You sure? They seemed to squeak a little the other day. . .

:D

17. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    So, whats our RSA situation?

We have two new FFs in the process (Costa Rica and Panama, Panama just got their forum and already have had their first activity) and both have come mainly to me for all their questions, doubts, ect. I help them with the best of my knowledge, but I can't refer them to an RSA (which would be a LOT of help!) since I have no idea who that is. If you have selected one, whoever it is is completely MIA.

Thanks.

18. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    But SOTS seems to be back....

¤Night

19. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    Well, night, take a look at the Latin America FF General Discussion forum and you'll see what I mean.

20. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    The discussion has become stalled, but I'll get in there and give it a kick in the pants. ;)

21. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    It means promoting someone to Moderator status so they can administrate, what is it... one Fan Force chapter? I doubt it is either high priority or required in anyway.

Besides, as people have said, Son of the Sons is back. I doubt you'll find him lacking ;)

Tayschrenn

22. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    There's more to being an RSA then modding a few boards, and while it's fantastic that SOTS is back, he's got his own set of duties as a JC Administrator now. Everyone seems to agree (even SOTS) that someone who's focused soley on the Latin American boards (in addition to Spain & Portugal in Europe, and any other Spanish to English translations that may need to be addressed) would be a good thing. Having double coverage with the new person & SOTS is also a good thing. I imagine this will be resolved in the next day or two.

23. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    So far SOTS has done a great job whenever we may need him. I agree on having someone to help him with the Spanish Speaking FF, since he is now admin and that requires lots of work.
    BTW, Son of the Suns... congratulations!

24. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    I agree. I think we need a more hands on approach to make the LA section grow.

We have a new pretty active forum, Panama.

And maybe a more hands on RSA can help resurrect the other forums.

And as mentioned before, a LA RSA can help with the other Spanish/Portugese forums, like Spain and Portugal (little redundant there, I know. . .)

25. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    Maybe mentioning this here will get some attention...

There is a small bug in the LA General Discussion forum. Its small, but it annoys the heck out of me.

The title bar reads <i><b>Latin America General Discussion</i></b>

Those tags shouldn't be there!

Anyways, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.