main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan Writing Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Nerdling, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

2. dsematsu

dsematsu Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2013
    Honestly, I don't like L. Kasdan's attitude. He knows that Star Wars meant a great deal to Lucas and that Lucas treated it very seriously, yet Kasdan treats it very flippantly. He's writing it because his family wants him to? That's passion...

3. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

This is a questionable source (Bild) reporting on what Kasdan said. It likely does not capture his full "attitude" on the matter. I'm sure Kasdan will pout his heart into it, as he does with everything.

4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    "So they asked me if I would do it, and I was like 'I don't know, honestly Han Solo kind of sucks and Star Wars is for stupid babies.' And they were like, 'We'll pay you for it,' and that really caught my interest, so I asked, 'Can my son do it for me and you still pay me?' And they said, 'Yeah, sure,' so I said, 'Yeah, sure.' And that's how the magic happened."

That's a real quote from Lawrence Kasdan. A real one. Really. I'm not making this up. At all. At all. Where's your God Lucas God now?

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I think, with recent happenings, we can agree the Kasdan is taking this film seriously.

6. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    If Kasdan wasn't passionate about the project he probably would have turned Kennedy down when she offered him the chance to write one of the spin-offs. The guy doesn't need to involve himself in high profile movies like Star Wars to aid his career the way younger filmmakers (i.e. Gareth Edwards) might, neither is he as young as he used to be. It would be perfectly understandable if he hadn't wanted to become involved with Star Wars again. That he said yes would indicate that he is committed to the Han Solo Movie.:)

wobbits and Corellian Blue like this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    So, after that trailer, I'm starting to believe the hype on this script is real. It'd be a hell of a swan song for Kasdan's Star Wars career if this movie ends up good.

wobbits, GregMcP and Mungo Baobab like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Jon and Larry seemed very happy at the premiere. And they don’t usually visibly express that emotion,

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  9. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Kasdan delivered again.

Everything I'd want in a Star Wars movie....

Thank you.

TK327, Immortiss, Bor Mullet and 2 others like this.
  10. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    He's still got it. This was vintage '80s Kasdan and I wish he'd do one last Indy movie just to set that franchise straight. I'm not sure what Jon's contributions were (Larry often writes with family members anyway), but whatever he did or didn't do, it worked.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  11. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Solo writers panel moderated by Rian Johnson

Bor Mullet and ewoksimon like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Solid script.

13. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Confirmation that L3 was a L&M idea. And, that Ron Howard was very hands on.

14. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I hope we get to see the younger Kasdan writing/helming future SW films.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The rumor was true. All of it. The Kasdan duo wrote one of the best Star Wars scripts.

Siphonophore and TK327 like this.
  16. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Siphonophore likes this.