main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Layola's Diner (The Reckoning OOC)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by HanSolo29 , May 26, 2018.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You guys know the drill. All theories, game chatter, questions, coordination, etc. will go here.

Here is a link to the game thread.

Enjoy!

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  2. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    A virus and a Government agency of super-powered spies [face_thinking] Did not see that one coming.

3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Very interesting, to say at least. I feel the "Gifted" as you call them ... will this time be the Hunters.

So, this is actually quite something. I just realized, I think not since 133 ABY - The Dark Odyssey we had a game that was a sequel to another GMs franchise (back then to Sinre's 128 ABY series).

So may I ask how this came to pass? Did you ask LordT to do a sequel? Did he like your idea better than his? Did you win a game of sabaac? Did you blackmail him?

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The subject of a sequel came up in a conversation I was having with Fin after my character was killed off in the last game. I was looking to GM a game, and while we were kicking around ideas, he suggested the possibility of me taking up the reins to continue the story. Of course, with the way I fell in love with The Crossing, I couldn't resist. We immediately went to LordT, and he gave us his blessing. Everything fell into place from there.

5. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Oh I think you are wondering a bit why I did not do the sequel myself? Well, to be honest I had no sequel in me. It just wasn't there. I had ideas, but nothing that really "demanded to be played".

The Crossing came together from stuff going through my head for ten years. It turned out even better than I imagined. I would probably have needed another ten years or so ... and ...

Everybody else seemed to get inspired by the world we all created, while I got exhausted by coming up with a sequel. So I understood, this game was probably better off in other hands. Then Fin told me HS29 would love to do one and I thought: Perfect!

And to clearify this, I had no hand in the creation of this game and go into The Reckoning completely unspoiled and happy to be a player!

CS submitted.

6. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    So, I just brought some glamour to the game! ;) Looking forward to play with all of you.

SirakRomar likes this.
  7. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I just wanted to pop in here and give everyone an update on our progress:

So, first of all – thank you to everyone for joining! Your feedback and support has been amazing so far! I'm really looking forward to playing alongside all of you! I'm happy to say that we're up to 11 players! I never expected that I would need to utilize the player cap, but at this point in time, the game is now closed to new players. If you have already been in contact with me about a character, you're guaranteed a spot. I believe there are currently 6 character sheets still in progress/waiting to be posted to the thread.

With that said, I'm going to allow the rest of the week for everyone to get their character sheets completed and posted. The opening post will shortly follow. You can expect the game to start sometime this weekend...Monday at the latest.

As always, if anyone has any questions or needs help with anything, let me know! :)

RachelTyrell likes this.
  8. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Wow, the characters look amazing. Also everybody except me is a badass [face_hypnotized]

Can't wait for this to start! [face_coffee]

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    You only say that because my character sheet isn't up yet! [face_laugh]

10. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Haha, actually ... yes. The first character my Anna would probably beat in a fist fight [face_laugh]

LordTroepfchen likes this.
  11. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    So, just because some asked ... I am involved in the game, but won't take up a character per se. I am Co-GM and really don't believe in anyone guiding and knowing plots being a player.

That doesn't mean you might never read posts from me from time to time. Just ... ah I won't spoil you.

Fantastic characters from everybody!

LordTroepfchen and HanSolo29 like this.
  12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    And...the game has officially begun!

As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :)

We may still have two additional CSes lurking in the wings. I didn't want to hold up the game any longer, so as soon as they come in, I'll loop you into the next update.

13. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    After that post from @Kaleesh-Cyborg I feel bad for the problems my guy is having. :( Amazing post =D= This game certainly got social range.

HanSolo29 and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  14. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    So to keep the guess-work up to date a little summary of what I got there.

We got a virus spreading around Europe and from the intro I'd say pretty soon the whole world. The virus was planted by a blonde guy.
    We got a terrorist who is potentially a Gifted and can move very fast (or teleport). Was that Jane? She can slow down all others so she might appear to be fast as lightning. The terrorist is or was also in Europe.

We got a bunch of rather disgusting para-militaries in the desert. We got a secret agency (full of handsome people) using Gifted and recruiting more. A nightclub run by a crime boss and his young wife. A scientist of infamous Mansfield on a PR tour going south. Lego is back in the street-art business and he has an interest in Instagram stars. Matt Andrews is Vice Potus and pretty determined. Oh and we got a bunch of homeless pals who seem to be the ones mostly concerned about the pandemic.

I'd say the world is already in need of saving!

Mitth_Fisto and LordTroepfchen like this.
  15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey guys, just a heads up:

I plan to update within the next 24-48 hours. If you would like to be included in that, please get your posts in! :)

16. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    I will be away for a few days, just to let everybody know. My Boss send me on another trip. Will have access to the boards, but probably little time to update for the next ten days or so ...

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for the heads up! Have a safe trip! :)

18. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    I think my character just assembled the most useless equipment list in the history of roleplaying! [face_dancing]

We got a lot casualties for this early in the game!

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I totally loved the two shirts. [face_laugh] Partygirl and Supergirl. A shirt for every character option, I'd say. @RachelTyrell

Mitth_Fisto and HanSolo29 like this.
  20. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    I must say the action feels very TheCrossing like. Consider this a compliment.

SirakRomar and DarkLordoftheFins like this.
  21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I appreciate that – thank you so much!

Fin and I are striving hard to carry that feel over into this game and to ensure that everything stays authentic to the source material. :)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    And you've been doing a great job of it! Keep up the good work ;)

SirakRomar and HanSolo29 like this.
  23. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Agree with the above. Feels very different and very The Crossing the same time. Great work!

DarkLordoftheFins likes this.
  24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    That is what we are going for. ;)

HanSolo29 likes this.
  25. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Oh sh... they can produce Gifted!