main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Leá Monde II: The Phantom Pain

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    IC: Glyndon Nordic
    Floor 27, Lumitar Industries, City North

Glyndon was in shock at the events, but kept his wits about him. Things had gone from madness to odd just like that. All he could do is watch like a spectator. He didn?t like that his questions were not answered. But with all the chaos any questions got lost in the madness.

The girl looked dazed after being stunned, but apparently she was able to move as she walked over to the desk to get her drink. Just then a holocomm buzzer sounded off, Callo accepted it. A hooded figured appeared with a message that made Glyndon perk up.

"My Queen has finally opened her eyes. Your work is complete, and the protection on this building will now be lifted. Goodbye, Snivvian."

The holocomm faded away. Glyndon again had so many questions on his mind, but the urge to scratch his skin took priority. He looked on his arm and saw ugly red-black blotches. This was far worse than the itchiness of before.

Glyndon wiggle his body as the itching continued. A voice nearby called out to him. "give me a hand?" He looked over and saw that Rohn was trying to keep the elevator doors from closing by using furniture.

He walked over to help trying to carry the man. "If we wanna save our sons, we need answers and this gentleman here has some." Rohn said.

He nodded as he did his best to heave the man. It wasn?t easy the man was heavy, even for two men to carry.

TAG TGI, Winged Jedi

OOC: Sorry for taking so long.

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Floryn Korodoro

Blood. Blood, and the boys were nowhere.

Valance!

He fought the pain, felt the boils bursting and chafing as they rubbed against his robes, against his flesh, against each other as he stumbled out of the main chamber in search of...what? A side chapel? A corridor? The rectory?

None of it mattered. He needed to be gone from the room. Valance was somewhere, and that somewhere wasn't here. Being anywhere else was what mattered. He saw an archway lined with devotional candles, and he clattered through it.

TAG: Sinre, GM

3. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: No problem TEE.

[blockquote]
    PCs: Sinwara Malreaux, Floryn Korodoro
    NPCs: Grand Steward LeSait, Captain Voren'kaa

[i]The Great Cathedral, City Centre[/i]

LeSait and Voren'kaa stood helplessly before the Cardinal's dead body, unable to comprehend this latest disaster. Sinwara stood with them, his rage still palpable.

Meanwhile Floryn went stumbling, dazed, through an archway lined by candles, and promptly staggered into the vestry- the small side-room where the Cathedral's vestments, vessels and robes were stored.

Among the many items of clothing and worship were a few pieces that looked familiar. Heaped together in a floating receptacle were the personal possessions of the boys. Most likely they had been placed here for safekeeping when the trials had begun.

[b]Tag: Sinrebirth, BobaMatt (you may decide what personal possessions your sons had taken in with them)[/b]

[hr]

PCs: Glyndon Nordic, Calen Rohn
    NPCs: Callo, Lumitar fon Papillon (unconscious)

[i]Level 27, Lumitar Industries, City North[/i]

The droid went sailing towards the ground following a sharp kick from Calen. It lay on the floor, sparking uselessly.

Meanwhile Calen and Glyndon dragged the unconscious Lumitar into the turbolift, struggling with the Snivvian's bulk. Callo followed them timidly, tiptoeing over the body of her former captor.

Soon enough they were all inside. Once again they had the choice of 27 floors and 3 basement levels.

[b]Tag: TheGoodImperial, JEDI_TEEGIRLOO[/b]
    [/blockquote]

4. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002

A collection of Floryn's poetry.

It was not tattered and well used, to be sure. It had not been pored over, dog eared, and scribbled in like so many of Floryn's own books, but the boy had carried it all the same. It sat amidst the other clutter, hardbound and gold leafed. The vestry smelled of mold and dust and years of incense. The lice that had sprung from the ground chewed at the ornate robes, but Floryn brushes his book clean of them. As he did so, his boil-ridden hand streaked blood across the front cover, across his name, across the title. No matter.

The entire city was streaked in blood.

TAG: GM, Sinrebirth (?)

5. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Tagged Sinre below in the event that he chooses to follow you into the vestry. Otherwise, Sinwara remains at the altar with LeSait and Voren'kaa.

[blockquote]
    PCs: Floryn Korodoro, (Sinwara Malreaux)
    NPCs: ???, (Grand Steward LeSait, Captain Voren'kaa)

[i]Vestry, The Great Cathedral, City Centre[/i]

Floryn's hand brushed across the front cover of the book, his blood streaking across his name, the lice scurrying out from beneath his fingers.

The action was enough to draw someone's attention.

"Lord Korodoro?"

The voice was thin and quiet, barely a gasp. It came from inside a tall closet marked 'Robes' in the corner. The closet door was ajar, though whoever was inside did not seem willing to emerge just yet.

[b]Tag: BobaMatt, (Sinre)[/b]
    [/blockquote]

6. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002

Floryn gave a start and stumbled back, falling against the stone wall behind him. Under the weight of his body, against the rough hard stone, he felt the boils on his back burst and stream. Stifling a retch, he gripped the book hard and spoke through the rising bile. "Wh...who's there...?" His voice trembled. He was not made to face fear.

TAG: GM

7. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

PCs: Floryn Korodoro
    NPCs: Doctor Durai

Vestry, The Great Cathedral, City Centre

The door opened, revealing the huddled form of Doctor Durai, Court Genealogist. He had met all the fathers and sons on their arrival- indeed, he had personally led the search for a successor to the Valendian throne.

He was a rather ugly middle-aged man, squat and balding with pockmarked skin. Lice crawled over his ankles, and gizka hopped out around his feet. Over one eye he wore a cybernetic device that resembled a monocle, and he used it now to scan Floryn from head to toe, while his other eye remained fixed on the closet interior.

"Thank Ajora it's you, milord!" he said breathily. "It's urgent that the ceremony be ended at once- those boys have lost their minds!"

Tag: BobaMatt

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002

The Earl of Saleucami dashed forward and grabbed the man by his garments, dropping the book in the process.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THEM?! WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE CARDINAL?!"

He shoved the portly man into the hallway. "Take me to them. You will take me to them."

TAG: GM

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Sinwara Malreaux

He looked about, in fear, unsure, unaware, and facing the unknown.

The Cardinal... was dead?

Sinwara bunched his fists within his robes, shaking with rage. He had no vent, no target, no nothing.

Floryn began screaming, and Sinwara blinked, waking from his stupor.

He ran after him, urgency being attached to his feet.

"Earl?"

He had to save Gavril.

He had to save Rina.

That's all he cared about.

TAG: Matt

10. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    Calen Rohn; Lumitar Industries, Elevator

"The Dungeons? Poetic isn´t it? The humilator back to his realm of humilation?"

Calen pushed the buttin to the third sublevel. It had no other entries if he recalled and the Jedi might still be there. Somewhere.

"I think as long as we block the elevators we will be alone down there. Except the secret corridor somewhere down there." Calen nodded to himself, then turned to Nordic. "Places liek that always have one, right?"

He smiled. 2oh and I know he lies because he is in league with the people who endanger our son and seems to have been instrumental in delivering them this religious icon of theirs in cloned form. I really think he knows a little more. I hope for him. I plan to make my questions pretty intense ones."

Calen was about to torture a man. This day he would remember. What he did and experienced here gave birth to million images in his mind and billions in his soul. Dorian? Oh yes, even his boy might like his actions for a change. If he left out some details here and there. Like the next half hour.

Tag: Winged, JediTee

11. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Elevator, Lumitar Industries, City North

The sparks flying from the droid reminded Glyndon of low budget fireworks that Brendon used to set off when he was younger. Much better times those were. Now it was filled with chaos and uncertainty. If Glyndon knew then what he knows now, things would have been much different. He would never allowed Brendon to come here.

Lumitar was very heavy, but Rohn and Glyndon were able to finally get the man in to the turbolift. Callo followed behind them. There were twenty-seven floors with three basement levels. Glyndon wondered where they would take the body. He was getting nervous again and started to fidget with his hands. It was a nervous reaction that he couldn?t help.

Things were happening so fast, yet he was not getting any answers. Rohn seemed to think that resulting to violence was the only way to get them.

"The Dungeons? Poetic isn´t it? The humilator back to his realm of humilation?"

Glyndon smiled weakly at Rohn. Though his heart beated a mile a minute , he did not want to appear out of control.

"I think as long as we block the elevators we will be alone down there. Except the secret corridor somewhere down there." Calen nodded to himself, then turned to Nordic. "Places liek that always have one, right?"

Glyndon nodded again then spoke in a voice that felt not like his own. ?Right? trying to appear confident.

"oh and I know he lies because he is in league with the people who endanger our son and seems to have been instrumental in delivering them this religious icon of theirs in cloned form. I really think he knows a little more. I hope for him. I plan to make my questions pretty intense ones."

?Do you think that this will really make him talk. I mean if he lies then what would make him tell the truth. What do you plan to do with him.?

Glyndon had a bad feeling about this. He didn't approve of any type of force, but what if Rohn is right. This maybe the only way. He shook his head in dismay at this type of thinking. Never in his life would he thought he would think that. Still deep down Glyndon felt horrible at the idea.

TAG TGI, Winged Jedi

12. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    Calen Rohn; Lumitar Industries Elevator

"I hope so. But he seems to be a man paid for services, which tells me he is an egoistical man. I know egoistical men, I am one. I think before he looses things he cannot clone to replace he will talk. If not, do you have any other idea? After all he is our only lead and without overdramatising, the lives of our sons might be at danger." Calen gave Nordic a long intense look and then continued to fumble with his blaster. Low intensity. He wished he had ever taken the time to get familiar with weapons.

Had he know how exciting they were . . .

Tag: Winged, JediTEE

13. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

"Holy Dread!"
    -The Fountain, Clint Mansell

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch forth thine hand toward heaven, that there may be hail in all the land of Egypt, upon man, and upon beast, and upon every herb of the field, throughout the land of Egypt. And Moses stretched forth his rod toward heaven: and the LORD sent thunder and hail, and the fire ran along upon the ground; and the LORD rained hail upon the land of Egypt. So there was hail, and fire mingled with the hail, very grievous, such as there was none like it in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation."
    -Exodus (9:22-24)

NPCs: Grand Steward LeSait, Doctor Durai, Captain Voren'kaa

In spite of his stumbling protestations, the Doctor was forced out of the vestry and toward the main hall, where Sinwara waited with Voren'kaa.

"M-Milord Malreaux," said the Doctor, bowing his head deep into his jowls. "And a Blade Captain, oh my...I was t-telling Lord Korodo-"

His roving cybernetic eye fell upon the main altar and onto the Cardinal's mutilated body. He stood surveying the carnage, his face frozen with fear.

LeSait, meanwhile, had been pre-occupied behind the altar, running his fingers along the stone floor. He stood up.

"What a coincidence that you're here, Durai!" he roared at the new arrival. "Shut up and listen. There's a trapdoor here, behind the altar. The edges have been left jutting out, so whoever went down there was in a hurry. Tell us what you know."

Durai opened his mouth wordlessly, spun on the spot, and vomited over the front pews.

It was at that point that hailstones the size of fists began crashing through the stained windows, and the entire roof set itself ablaze.

[b]Tag: Sinrebirth, BobaMatt[/b]

[hr]

NPCs: Callo, Lumitar fon Papillon (unconscious)

[i]Turbolift, Lumitar Industries, City North[/i]

As the lift descended back down towards the basement level, the lights began to flicker. A muffled thudding noise could be heard somewhere above them, as if something was knocking on the walls.

When they had almost reached their destination, the lift suddenly stopped. An AI began speaking.

[i]"Repulsors have been locked due to power failure. Back-up generators will be active shortly. Please wait for assistance. We apologise for the inconvenience."[/i]

The lights went out completely. Callo shrieked, and clung instinctively to her two companions, grabbing at Calen and Glyndon's arms.

The buttons did not respond. The doors would not open. There was a detachable panel in the floor of the lift, and a similar panel in the roof.

Lumitar stirred at their feet. He was waking up.

[/blockquote]

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: WINGED! Your music choices! Ah! Clint Mansell!

[b]IC: Floryin Korodoro[/b]

[blockquote]Floryn didn't need to hear anymore. He hesitated, recovered the book he'd dropped, and stowed it in his robes. Then, with a cursory glance at his companions' faces, he rushed back off to the main chamber of the cathedral. A trap door?

"Sinwara. We must."

He looked up. The very heavens were ablaze. That made things easy. The only safe way, then, was down.

The door was heavy, but he descended, leaving commotion in his wake.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Sinrebirth[/b]

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Sinwara Malreaux
    Cathedral

Bedraggled Sinwara nodded to Floryn, as hail stones smashed through the windows, and roof, shredding it. Sinwara held his arm over his head, sweeping a portion of his robe up to cushion any blows, and made his way towards the trap door. "We must."

With a glare, he looked at the Doctor, a moment after Floryn dropped. He kept his voice low.

"Rina. I trust you to extinguish those with me I have no need for to save Gavril."

He smiled, and, gathering his robe around him so as to avoid the blood, and to avoid tripping over it... and went into the depths.

TAG: Matt

16. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Almost Four Hundred Years Ago...

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3m1FKEt5UM]"Our fathers have sinned, [i]and are[/i] not; and we have borne their iniquities."[/link]
    -Lamentations (5:7)

[hr]

[i]Vain hope can cause a man to lose his head
    Our hero's hopes were borne out of his youth
    Within a single hour such hopes were dead
    The runes had led him swift toward the truth
    In vile and wicked tongues of old, they read:
    "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Bardorba, heed the warning of this sign
    Or risk the Red Queen's wrath upon thy line."[/i]

[hr]

When night falls upon the City of Shade, the dead will walk the streets.

So the stories said. It had been several hours since sunset, and Joshua had yet to encounter another soul, living or dead. The only trace of sentience he had found were the runes etched or burned into walls, stones, trees. In every corner of the abandoned City there were the same markings in red and black.

They carried a single, ominous message. The Red Queen already knew he was coming, and she wanted him gone. Any claim upon the land would result in retribution. His hopes of bloodless victory were dashed. A fight was coming.

He walked through the remains of the town centre, his gaze drawn inevitably towards the Great Cathedral. It roof had been ripped in two by some past storm, and its stonework crumbled at the merest prodding. But still it stood tall above the rest of the ruined city. It was the home of his legacy, he knew.

As he walked through the great doors, he felt eyes upon his back. He had sensed her following him but had said nothing. She was not the Queen and so she did not require his immediate attention. Her presence felt familiar, though...
    [/blockquote]

17. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    Calen Rohn; Pretty much kept in the Dark; Elevator

"Shut up will ya!" Calen barked at Callo, as she shrieked. "It´s only a blackout. Things like this are to expected in the apocalypse." He said as if he explained someone what a cookie was. The snivvian woke up. Perfect. He needed him to anyway.

"Mr. Nordic, would you look what escape possibilities these exits provide? I think we are not yet in the underground, so probably the lower one to get out of the building would be fine. I will see if I can extract any information from our host regarding how and from whom to save our beloved sons."

Calen set his gun to stun again and pulled the Snivvian up in the dark. He had trained this intense stairs over the years in failed attempts to bring his son to order. And now that it might have worked on someone he could not use it in the dark.

"Lumitar? Lumitar? Are you there still?" Calen waited until he got a response. "Good, good. We are in a hurry Mr. Lumitar. So I´ll cut this short. I will ask you who is behind this and who ordered this clone and then you will tell me I got no idea who I am messing with, which won´t impress me and I´ll ask again who is your benefactor and you will tell me how powerful and dangerous they are and that you will probably even die beofre giving them away and then I´ll explain to you that you do anyway, if you do not talk. And then you tell me or I shoot you. And Mr. Lumitar, here my little simulation ends and I really, REALLY need your help." Calen put the gun to the head of the Snivvian. Assuring himself once more it was set to stun. "This is set to kill. So please tell me what will it be, Mr. Lumitar?" And like they did in bad movies, he pushed the gun a bit harder into his skull so the Snivvian had to push his head to the side. "So?"

Calen asked.

God, he could not have cared less about backwater Lea Monde and it´s search for a King. If anything it was an elegant way to part with a son he had loved and hated to exactly equal shares foor all his life. But how wrong had he been.

For the first time twenty years he felt alive again. It was just . . . so muh fun!

Tag: JediTEE, Winged

18. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Matt- feeling the Mansell love. I might just be more excited for his Mass Effect 3 score than anything else about that game.

[blockquote]
    NPCs: Grand Steward LeSait, Doctor Durai, Captain Voren'kaa

The roof began to collapse. Flaming chunks splintered off from the rafters, and hurtled towards the ground. Durai, sensing his opportunity, bolted. He waddled with surprising speed toward the exit, managing to make a quick escape.

Voren'kaa was not so fortunate. He had been standing motionless beside the altar, staring at the Cardinal's dismembered body. A thin sliver of wood shot down from above, spearing straight through the Trandoshan's unarmoured neck and severing his head clean off. It rolled along the ground.

Korodoro and Malreaux were already descending down the trapdoor, with LeSait close behind. They climbed down a ladder into the relative safety of a small under-chamber, lit by several torches on the wall. The trapdoor shut above them, and the sound of the Cathedral crashing in on itself became a muffled echo.

The only pathway seemed to be a set of stairs which led downward to darkness.

"A hidden passage..." murmured LeSait, removing the torches from their brackets and handing one each to Korodoro and Malreaux.

[hr]

NPCs: Callo, Lumitar fon Papillon

Callo flinched at the harsh reprimand, and responded by shuffling closer to Glyndon.

Calen, meanwhile, had his gun jammed into Lumitar's furry head.

"Lumitar? Lumitar? Are you there still?"

The Snivvian grunted to confirm that he was awake.

"Good, good. We are in a hurry Mr. Lumitar. So I´ll cut this short. I will ask you who is behind this and who ordered this clone and then you will tell me I got no idea who I am messing with, which won´t impress me and I´ll ask again who is your benefactor and you will tell me how powerful and dangerous they are and that you will probably even die before giving them away and then I´ll explain to you that you do anyway, if you do not talk. And then you tell me or I shoot you. And Mr. Lumitar, here my little simulation ends and I really, REALLY need your help."

A low hiss escaped Lumitar's mouth, but he did not reply.

"This is set to kill. So please tell me what will it be, Mr. Lumitar?"

Calen pushed the gun even harder into the scientist's skull.

"So?"

Lumitar began breathing heavily, and his paws scrabbled around in the dark as he tried to get his bearings. Finally he began to speak, in a series of low, rasping growls. He was speaking entirely in his native tongue, as he had done previously...except this time there was no droid present to translate.

[/blockquote]

19. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    Calen Rohn; Lumitar Industries; Elevator

"Aaaaah. Sorry pal. I lied when I said I speak your tongue. I really don´t. So yeah, silent for religious reasons? I see. Sort of a language martyr. Sweet. Speak basic you little peice of dirt! One more word I do not understand and your head decorates this ELEVATOR!" Calen screamed at him and his finger almost switched the gun to deadly. He was not half as frustrated as he seemed to be, but he wanted that man to talk. And if he did not . . . what actually was his use then? Handing him over to a Government? Calen did not trust, like or care about the Lea Monde leading circle. No Lumitar had to give him something. Now. He had to buy the right to life. Because Calen had the power of his life or death.

It was intoxicating. "Oh and before you switch tongues, leave out the you don´t know who they are part. It could cost you your head. Calen smiled in the dark and fixed the point where he assumed the Snivvian´s head was.

Tag: Winged, JediTee

20. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Up! Ahem. Everyone except TGI has open Tags. I don't usually put out calls for posts, but there's only a couple of weeks to go. Let's look sharp, eh? :)

21. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Turbolift, Lumitar Industries, City North

Glyndon felt squeezed in as Callo shuffled closer to him. Glyndon was scared himself, but had to keep it together. He found himself holding on to Callo anyway. The turbo-lift made him a bit woozy. Rohn didn?t help matters by being so aggressive. It made Glyndon feel sick to his stomach.

As Rohn threatened Lumitar, Glyndon?s legs started wobbling. There was nothing he could say. He wanted the answers, but did not like how things were being approached. His stomach made a gurgling noise. Violence and a turbo-lift was not the setting for him. He almost wished he was drunk again, but he sobered up earlier before the meeting.

All Glyndon could do is hope that Lumitar would tell him what they want to know, before Rohn did something to him.

TAG TGI, Winged Jedi

22. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

"Hordes of the Underdark"
    -Neverwinter Nights, Jeremy Soule

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the land of Egypt for the locusts, that they may come up upon the land of Egypt, and eat every herb of the land, even all that the hail hath left. And Moses stretched forth his rod over the land of Egypt, and the LORD brought an east wind upon the land all that day, and all that night; and when it was morning, the east wind brought the locusts."
    -Exodus (10:12-13)

NPCs: Callo, Lumitar fon Papillon

Lumitar growled a final word in his own tongue. It sounded like a curse. Finally, he switched to Basic.

"Benefactor is Judge," he spat slowly, every word apparently a struggle for him. "Is Judge Magister Quilheim. Wants Red Queen to live again. We keep her hidden in undercity...crypts below city centre."

Meanwhile, Callo had taken matters into her own hands and was scrabbling around on the floor, attempting to lift the exit panel. With Glyndon's help she managed it, and the two of them glimpsed out into the darkness below.

The turbolift shaft beneath them was dim and gloomy, but they could see the doors for each level below, with a maintenance ladder on the wall connecting each one. The lift was stuck between Basements One and Two. The door for Basement Two was just a few feet below them. The door for Basement Three was even lower down.

And then, oddly, there was a final door at the bottom of the shaft. There had been no button on the lift for a fourth basement...but there was the door.

[/blockquote]

23. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: All due, I think the reason Sinrebirth and I haven't responded to our tags is because, well, we knew there was a hidden passage. That's why we went down there. :p What LIES BEYOND? ::theremin music::

24. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Well, a token post would have sufficed, but I see your point. I'll get you both moving.

[blockquote]
    NPCs: Grand Steward LeSait

[i]Beneath the Great Cathedral, City Centre[/i]

LeSait led the way, a blaster in one hand and a torch in the other. They made their way through what appeared to be a large stone crypt, passing down endless flights of stairways, heading deeper into the darkness. LeSait had called this place "the Undercity". In ancient times it had served as an underground warren for thieves and criminals, but since Joshua I had restored the City it had been abandoned. There were many legends about the Undercity. None advised a journey into its depths.

Finally they came to a fork in the path, and a quite extraordinary sight.

Standing in the left fork was Floryn's son Valance. The boy looked unharmed and content, though his attention was entirely distracted by something behind him. He rushed away down the path.

Similarly, standing in the right fork was Gavril Malreaux. The boy's presence seemed genuine in the Force, though he did not appear to be able to see or sense his father. He cocked his head as if hearing some distant call, and ran off back the way he had come.

"Which way?" barked LeSait out loud.

[/blockquote]

25. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Almost Four Hundred Years Ago...

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3m1FKEt5UM]"Our fathers have sinned, [i]and are[/i] not; and we have borne their iniquities."[/link]
    -Lamentations (5:7)

[hr]

At last he had enough. He sat down on the first pew inside the Cathedral, and leaned back upon the wood.

"Callo Merlose," he said, without turning around.

"Joshua Bardorba," came the reply.

She melted out of the shadows beside the baptismal font, and came to take a seat at his side. She had aged badly in the years since he had last been here. She had been the Peacekeeper who had led the investigation into his kidnapping when he was just a boy- and she had led the cleanup operation after the Jedi and Imperial Knights had mysteriously disappeared.

"Come here often?" he asked.

"Never."

"A shame," he yawned. "The place could do with some attention."

She pointed at the lightsaber hooked to his belt.

"You've traveled a long way since I last saw you, milord. Are you here on official business?"

"On family business."

Her face fell at that, and she looked fearfully over their surroundings.

"Then it's just as well I followed you. We have to leave now, if that is your intention. You don't understand what lives here now. [i]Who[/i] lives here."

"The Red Queen, isn't it? Oh yes, I read the runes. I'm not frightened of her."

"Not yet."

They sat there, talking for a long time, and arguing for some of it. Thunder clapped outside, and rain began to fall. When Merlose was finally convinced that she was unable to persuade Joshua to leave the City, she offered her assistance instead. He accepted. Together, as shadows gathered around the Great Cathedral, the two of them plotted to end the Red Queen's reign.

And beneath the altar, the Queen heard every word.
    [/blockquote]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.