main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Leave the Light On~ ***9/25*** FINAL POST UP! It's been great, everyone!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Hello readers! This is my 1st fanfic on the site and I?m very excited.
    I really hope you guys enjoy it!

Disclaimer: SW is not mine, it belongs to George Lucas, yada yada yada?and so we begin!

Below is just a preview: a teaser if you will. It helps set the stage for emotional turmoil?

~Leave the Light On~
    Prologue

Tahiri, Luke, and Jacen were seated in the kitchen of Senator Leia Solo?s summerhouse. It was the first getaway the family had been allowed since the death of their youngest son, Anakin. It had been nearly six years, and yet the shock and pain of the incident still weighed heavily on the hearts of everyone involved.

Tahiri Veila was now a near permanent part of the family, since it was she who witnessed the last breaths of Anakin Solo, her longtime friend and almost boyfriend. They had barely embarked on that journey at the time of his death. She was also present when his body burned. It was she, clothed in her now signature color, black, that first
    spoke.

?So what are we here for exactly??

Luke sighed and tried to answer as tactfully as possible. ?It?s been awhile since Anakin died, and the both of you aren?t moving anywhere with your lives.? That didn?t come out as gentle as he hoped.

?I mean, no matter how much you want to live in the past, it is time to let our grief go.?

Jacen got that stubborn Solo look on his face and retorted,? Uncle Luke, I?m working on it. It just seems lately that every little thing I see or hear reminds me of him. After being captured by his killers, spending every waking moment with those terrible Vong??

?Yuuzhan Vong. ? Tahiri murmured.

?I know, I know. But we cannot let our lives end because someone else?s was. I know that there was a strong bond between each of us and Anakin, but that is no reason not to live up to your full potential! Listen, I know that experiences of your own after that time led you to hide your sorrow away to deal with later.?

?You don?t understand!? Tahiri burst out, surprised at herself after she said the words.

Jacen flew off the handle as well. ? You don?t! You can?t understand! I can?t even fathom the depth of the loss of him! Anakin was more than a boy: he was a hero, a brother, a son, and almost a lover.? Tahiri gave him a thankful glance.

?I didn?t know him well enough then. Not nearly well enough. I wish I had! I just wish that-? He broke off here as his tears began falling rapidly. It was the first time he had opened up to anyone about his feelings on the death of his brother.

? I feel as strongly as you do, Jacen. I once lost someone very close to me as well, you know. I took it hard then, but the more I saw death happen, the more I was able to cope with it. You two have suffered the loss of things before, but never have you lost someone so close to you by death. It?s a new feeling, and hard to deal with I?m sure, especially since you couldn?t take it out on those who did the deed. The war is over now, and now the true bitterness is starting to sink in. But I know that he will always be with you.? Luke finished. To this day he still missed Obi-Wan Kenobi. By this time, the three occupants of the room were all in tears.

Tahiri stood and threw her arms around Luke. He was surprised at first, and then hugged her back. They embraced for a long moment, and then Luke kissed the crown of the blonde mop, releasing her. Jacen reached down to hug Luke to, but stopped himself, pretending to dust off his robe. Luke could tell he was thoroughly embarrassed. Instead, Jacen offered his uncle a hand. Luke smiled faintly and shook it.

Then Luke too stood, and ushered them out of the kitchen. They all went their separate ways, and, as it was late, settled into their beds to listen to the sound of the rain that fell like their tears.
    I hope you liked it! I will keep writing if anybody?s reading?so if you enjoyed it, shout out!

Don?t be a lurker, let me know how you feel! I love feedback. Another post soon!

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

2. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    How do I fix this stupid scroll bar? It's too wide.

This is dreadfully sad, I'm upping my own post :(

3. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Welcome aboard. Beautiful post. :) Loved how Tahiri and Jacen reminisced (sp) over Anakin while Luke did the same for Obi-Wan. Continue! Oh, and I read that you are in need of a beta. Contact me if you still do. :)

4. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    sounds good. hopefully this will be a j/j! *crosses fingers*

Luke kissed the crown of the blonde mop mop! LOL!

-jj00

5. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    YOU ARE MY HERO! I have been needing a beta reader! Thanks so much! *hugs* thanks for being my first reader. Your encouragement helps.

Yeah, I like the little twist of Luke thinking about Obi-Wan...I think it'll come into play later. But until then, I think the return of a hero is in order...

6. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    thanks jj! maybe I'll make it a J/J just for you... I always thought of Tahiri's hair like that, ya know, like her, kinda tangly lol she's complicated, but fun to write!

Keep reading-maybe we'll have an uber pilot in here somewhere...*pulls out bag of plot twist bunnies*

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

7. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    NOOOOO! Make it a K/J! :p

8. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    I'm torn between my Beta reader and my other reader...let's take a vote if we get anybody else to read. 2nd post on its way soon (as soon as JMK reads it, that is) I kinda like Kyp and Jag...what about Zekk??

I'll let you guys decide!

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

9. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    fix the scroll bar, make it Zekk/Jaina, and then you have yourself a reader.

10. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Hmmmmmm.....Tell me how to fix the scroll bar and you have yourself a deal, Jacen. Let's see---which guy to choose...la dee da...*THE SUSPENSE MOUNTS* hehehe anybody else want to vote on which guy Jaina needs to meet up with?

A post tomorrow hopefully, with some more Tahiri. Let's get inside her head, shall we? :D

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

11. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    here ya go, you guys. A fixed scroll bar. I live to serve. Thanks to Amidala_Skywalker for her help in my scroll bar jam.

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

12. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great story so far, and Mike hurry up with that betaing. :p And I vote for Kyp/Jaina. (Duh, you mean you couldn't tell by my user name? :p)

~~Jilly

13. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh, awesome start! And sad... :( I can't wait to see what happens. :D

I vote for J/Z!!!!! [face_love]

14. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Kyp/Jaina!

I'm intrigued by your handle, btw.

Dana

15. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2003
    Hey! AWESOME start. I thoroughly enjoyed the first post. :D
    I vote J/Z!

16. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Thats so much better. :D Just to let you know i'm going to camp today and won't be back till Wednesday. I'll be looking forward to reading some more posts when i get back. :) ;) :D

17. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
  18. The_Hooded_One

May 29, 2002
    Like you didn't already know that! ;)

19. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    PLEASE J/J!!!!

-jj00

ps. i could prob get others to read if u do make it j/j. i dont think they will if its somethin else... but it seem as tho im outnumbered at the moment so if its something else.... good luck! this seems like a good beginning. maybe a j/j viggie sometime!

20. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Ah, but I can get others to read if it's a K/J. :D ;)

21. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    that wasnt meant to try and get her to go j/j. it was just a statement. i KNOW that u can get more people. any1 can.

-jj00

22. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    I know, I was just messing around. I'm sorry. Please don't take it personal. :(

23. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Jaya_Jade_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    great start dying to find out what happens next. please make it a K/j

24. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    im not. as i said in the pm, it is VERY hard to get me upset. i was simply stating facts. so dont worry.

-jj00

25. The_Hooded_One

May 29, 2002
    Up for Zekk!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.