main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Left Behind [A Dear Diary Challenge response. OC; drama, angst, and a bit of mush.] Updated 8/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Title: Left Behind
    Main Character: Vance Tiin, a minor OC from Beginnings

Tiin stares at the cube-shaped holocron he recieved from his master. Why does he want me to record my 'inner musings'? This is silly. Still, it wouldn't hurt... to tell her through this, if anything should happen to me. It wouldn't be a betrayal to my soul's brother if I'm one with the living force when she finds out. He straightens his tunic and robe and stands straight before he pushes the activator button.

Entry 1:

"Hello," He smiles nervously. "I, Vance Tiin, pledge my love to you, Miri. I love you, even though I can never be with you. I am a traitor to Kavin for admitting it, and hate myself for it. Even so, I cannot help what I feel. I will always love you."

He pauses, looking down at his feet and swallowing.

"I love you even though you left me behind."

He then reaches out and deactivates the holocron.

2. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    good start
    =D==D=

can I have a pm when you post again.

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, you can count on it. :)

4. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Interesting start. :)

Are you going to be updating this every day? [face_praying]

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Alas, no. Perhaps 3 times a week at most, but, thank you for your interest. :)

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great start! Please put me on the PM list for this one. :)

=D=

7. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Very good start. I would love to read his story.

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thanks, and of course I shall. :)

[face_thinking] Hmm... Tiin is a minor character in the stories I wrote about Kavin Horn... I haven't thought of writing the adventures of Vance Tiin. Aside from falling in love with Miri, he's a very by-the-code type of jedi. Something I thought would be rather boring to write, but, I think if people show enough interest in the diary, I may just write an actual story for him.

~~~~

Entry 2:

"My master and I have been assigned another mission today. This is good. I have been wallowing long enough. It is time to put my thoughts of Miri behind. She was never mine to love."

He smiles slightly. "It is Kavin who deserves her. He loved her from the time we were younglings. The only one who thought Kavin's feelings for Miri was hidden was Kavin himself. Miri deserves to be loved by someone brave enough to do so openly. Though it still hurts, I am happy for them. I sincerely hope it works out for them."

Tiin turns the holocron off and finishes getting ready for their mission.

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't wait to see what will happen next! :D

10. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Pooor Guy! Loving someone and not being able to show them.

Hope things work out for him.

Thanks for the PM.@};-

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    You're wait is over. ;)

As with anyone's life, he'll have his ups and downs. [face_whistling]

You're welcome... another one will soon be on it's way, 'cause here's the update:
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 3:

"Why must the force be so cruel? Here I am, trying to keep Miri out of my mind, and I get stuck on a mission to babysit... I mean act as bodyguard for a spoiled dignitary who happens to have an overactive libido! He keeps talking about the myriads of girls he's been with in excruciating detail, even shows me holo-pics of them, and I swear by the force, they all look just like Miri!"

He slams his fist down on the deactivator switch.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Have been following this and it is getting interesting. Can you PM me too?

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Sure, I'm more than happy to send a PM your way. :)

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update. =D=

15. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005

Thats the way it goes you try to forget someone and everything reminds you of them.

Good post
    =D=

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you again, VaderLover64 and Lea-El.

Entry 4:

"Thank the Force that mission is over with! Hopefully our next mission will not involve any randy diplomats."

Tiin shakes his head in disgust. "How can one with so much responsibilty act with such reckless abandon?"

He reaches out to turn off the holocron, but pauses with his hand hovering above the deactivator switch.

"By the way, I heard from Kavin and Miri. They invited me for a house warming party. There is no way in the galaxy I am going. I shall send them a nice gift, but I just have to figure out a good excuse to not be there."

He taps the switch and his image disappears.

17. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Poor guy house warming invitations from your love and someone else. That has to be murder.

randy diplomats~ interesting description.

good work
    =D=

Thanks for the PM@};-

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    thank you for the PM and looking forward for more

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    randy diplomats

Loved it! [face_laugh]

=D=

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you Lea-el, Earlybird and VaderLVR. Hehe, I was laughing when I wrote the randy diplomat part. I kept thinking about Bill Clinton for some reason. [face_laugh]

Anyway, here's some more from Tiin:
    ~~~~~~~~~

Tiin stands in front of the holocron, hair uncharacteristically mussed and looking rather worse for wear.

"Never again will I go for a drink with a Squib informant. He said the drink was not an intoxicant. I guess I should give him the benefit of the doubt that he did not know it was highly so to humans."

He moans and leans over, out of the range of the holocron's sensors. After a few rather alarming sounds he emerges back in the picture. "Next time, I'll order the drinks. I wonder what Squibs get enebriated on?"

He reaches over to turn off the holocron, misses, then tries again, this time successfully.

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Another great update. =D=

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Like it and looking forward for more.Thank you for the PM

23. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Yep! Never let anyone order your drinks - First lesson learned.

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Tiin stands up straight and proud in front of the holocron:

"I have two things about which to inform you:

One, the information Grinz... the Squib who got me drunk a couple weeks ago... was on the mark. Master Varli and I were able to finish our mission thanks to Grinz. I guess that was worth puking my guts out and the hangover the next day.

Two, the diplomat on our previous mission came to me grief-stricken over the death of one of his paramours. I am not quite sure why he came to me. He said that he felt I was the only one who understood him."

Tiin shakes his head in bewilderment.

"Even though I have not the slightest idea how he came to that conclusion, I am... glad he came to me. When he first came, he was ready to kill himself because he blamed himself for her death. He felt that if he could have just given her what she wanted, which was for him to settle down and marry her, she would have had the strength to conquer the ailment that took her life. I could sense he wasn't just being over dramatic to get attention. He truly felt remorse and was suicidal. I thank the force that by the time we parted company, he felt better and resolved to change his cavalier attitude towards women. I do not doubt he will. He was most sincere, and I percieve there is more to him than the foppish bureaucrat I first met."

Tiin looks thoughtful.

"It is too bad someone had to die to bring about this positive transformation. Why must bad things happen to bring about good? Perhaps we need the dark to appreciate the light... Stars, what a thing for a Jedi to say!"

He taps the deactivator switch.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    "It is too bad someone had to die to bring about this positive transformation. Why must bad things happen to bring about good? Perhaps we need the dark to appreciate the light... Stars, what a thing for a Jedi to say!"

Great update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.