main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Left Behind [A Dear Diary Challenge response. OC; drama, angst, and a bit of mush.] Updated 8/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Tiin looks thoughtful.

"It is too bad someone had to die to bring about this positive transformation. Why must bad things happen to bring about good? Perhaps we need the dark to appreciate the light... Stars, what a thing for a Jedi to say!"

He taps the deactivator switch.

Great entry! =D=

2. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Poor lady loosing her life so tragically. I hope his next relationship turns out better.

I'm glad Tiin could help maybe ti will make him feel better.

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Earlybird-obi-wan and VaderLVR64: Thank you. :)

Lea-El: Yeah, that's one thing about helping someone else, it seems to be therapeutic to the one helping as well.

>.>
    <.<

Oh, Tiin just turned on his holocron, let's see what he has to say! :p

Tiin stands in front of the holcron looking at the item in his hands. "The diplomat sent me this as thanks."

He holds up a fancy lapel pin with various sparkling precious stones embedded in it.

"I cannot accept it. Not only because Jedi are not supposed to have any possessions... other than their uniform and lightsaber, of course... but, I only helped him because he needed it. I was glad to do it. In fact, it made me feel good. Not only that, in the act of helping him, I helped myself as well. As I listened to him and gave what counsel I could, I discovered I needed to take the same advice I gave him."

He laughs slightly. "It seems the force sent this fool into my life to make me see how foolish I have been. For the first time since Kavin and Miri got married, I feel at peace. I won't say I will not miss Miri. I will. However, I am no longer going to mope and pine for something I decided I was not going to have in the first place. I loved her for at least as long as Kavin has. Yes, since we were younglings, Kavin and I have loved her. The difference is, Kavin chose to act on it. I chose to walk true to the Jedi way. It's time I grow up and accept my decision."

He nods at the holocron, and looks down at the lapel pin. "I am sending this back to..." He chuckles. "I almost said his name... I'm not supposed to reveal who he is. Anyway, I'm sending it back to him now."

Tiin shuts off the holocron.

4. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    He laughs slightly. "It seems the force sent this fool into my life to make me see how foolish I have been. For the first time since Kavin and Miri got married, I feel at peace. I won't say I will not miss Miri. I will. However, I am no longer going to mope and pine for something I decided I was not going to have in the first place. I loved her for at least as long as Kavin has. Yes, since we were younglings, Kavin and I have loved her. The difference is, Kavin chose to act on it. I chose to walk true to the Jedi way. It's time I grow up and accept my decision."

Wonderful! =D=

5. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    I'm glad to see Tiin is moving on, maybe he can find happiness in his work. Helping people can be quite therapeutic.

I look forward to seeing what he decides to do.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely character sketch and waiting for the next update

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Tiin sits slump-shouldered in front of the holocron. "Kavin came back from leave today. I was so happy to see my friend, yet, at the same time sad that he chose to come back. Stang, if I had chosen to marry Miri, I would never chose to come back here... going from the paradise of her embrace to..."

Tiin shakes his head. "Not that life here in the temple is bad! It is home! I just cannot understand how Kavin can commit himself to marriage and the Jedi way. It cannot possibly work. One cannot only commit half way to either. Being both is a conflict of interest." He sighs. "Of course, Kavin is acting on advice I gave him. I cannot state how much I regret suggesting such a course of action to him. I was being selfish. I did not wish to lose both my friends. I knew if they both left the order I would never see either of them again. Now I have to look at Kavin and see the pain I have caused."

He shakes his head once more in sorrow. "I tried to convince him to quit the order. That leading this duel life is a big mistake. He refused. He said he and Miri have a strong bond, that they can handle it." He closes his eyes tight. "By the Force, I hope he is right. I foresee a painful, thorny path for both of them... and I am the starting seed for their garden of anguish!"

A tear runs down his cheek as he taps the holocron's deactivator switch.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great update Kavin and Miri together and being Jedi[face_worried]

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    He shakes his head once more in sorrow. "I tried to convince him to quit the order. That leading this duel life is a big mistake. He refused. He said he and Miri have a strong bond, that they can handle it." He closes his eyes tight. "By the Force, I hope he is right. I foresee a painful, thorny path for both of them... and I am the starting seed for their garden of anguish!"

A tear runs down his cheek as he taps the holocron's deactivator switch.

Wonderful! =D=

10. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    No matter how we try to convince ourselves we caused someone to do something they ultimatly are responsible for their own actions I hope Tinn can come to terms with that.

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Lea-El: Yeah, but then, that's the way of teenagers, Jedi or not. They are very self-centered even when they try not to be. He'll learn, eventually. ;)

VaderLVR64: I'm glad you're enjoying this. :)

Earlybird-obi-wan:Yeah, Kavin has his own agnst to deal with... perhaps he needs a diary as well... not to mention Miri now that she's sort of left behind too... :p

On to Tiin's next entry... oh, gee, I've forgotten to number these! Which one am I on? [face_laugh]

~~~~~

"Qui-Gon gets on my nerves! He always has to be right. It is downright annoying to see his smug expression when he knows I know he is right!" Tiin takes a deep breath and expells it slowly.

"OK, rant is over. As though you could not tell, I spoke to Qui-Gon today. Or rather, he spoke to me. He had noticed how I acted guilty around Kavin, and told me I had better let go of those guilty feelings before Kavin guessed what was up. Kavin is not blind. In fact he is one of the most sensitive person I know to other people's feelings. If he were not already occupied by missing Miri, I think he would have sensed how I felt bad about him missing her."

He frowned. "I need to go meditate. I think I have went from ranting to rambling incoherently."

He turns off the holocron.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    thanks again for the PM and a nice update "Qui-Gon gets on my nerves"[face_whistling]

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    But Qui-Gon is so adorable! [face_mischief]

=D=

14. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    going from ranting to rambling incoherently ~ I know how that feels[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Thanks for the PM

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Earlybird-obi-wan Thanks, and you're welcome. :D

VaderLVR64: Yeah, I agree, but I don't think Tiin would. [face_laugh]

Lea-El: Unfortunately, me too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiin sat in front of the holocron and stared at it somberly. "I lost it!"

He lowered his gaze to his hands which were folded in his lap. "I lost my lightsaber. Master Varli and I were in a bar on the lower levels. We were looking for Grinz who had contacted my master rather urgently. A fight broke out and the whole bar became a chaotic riot. After things settled down, we found Grinz who informed us he found a map that supposedly leads to an underground Sith lair right here on Corruscant. I have my doubts about that, but, that's up to the council to decide. Anyway, it was not until we left the bar and were on the way back to the temple when I discovered my lightsaber missing."

He buries his face in his hands as he moans. "Some jedi I am. I don't know which is worse, losing my lightsaber or Master Varli's kind words."

He sighs as he lowers his hands back into his lap. "Well, I shall just have to make another one. This one will be better than the one I lost. There were a couple things about my first lightsaber that needed improving upon."

He frowns slightly. "It's funny how I feel naked without it."

He reaches out and taps the deactivator switch.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loosing your lightsaber uh oh "This weapon is your life"

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    He frowns slightly. "It's funny how I feel naked without it."

He reaches out and taps the deactivator switch.

I imagine he would. :p

=D=

18. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    I pity the cleaning woman who finds it and accidentally turns it on.

Or was it some one intentionally assisting him in loosing it?

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Earlybird-obi-wan: Yeah, and Tiin is really down on himself for loosing it... he takes his responsiblities very seriously.

VaderLVR64: LOL A Jedi w/o a lightsaber is like Linus w/o his blankie. :p

Lea-El: That's another story. [face_whistling]

It's funny, I didn't plan on this, but doing this diary with a minor character is giving me plot bunnies... for other minor characters I made up for this diary (such as Grinz and the un-named "randy diplomat")!

~~~~~

"Well, I have most of the components for my new lightsaber. Now all I have to do is go to Ilum to get the crystals and construct it."

He looks thoughtful. "I only had to use my lightsaber once in the four years I had it. That is, not including my training and practicing. I hope to keep up that trend with this new one."

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    =D= I like the sound of more plot bunnies! :p

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    such a peacefull being. I like him

22. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Hopefully he won't be as naked soon. New lightsaber wise that is.

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    VaderLVR64: Yeah, but I can't keep up w/ them [face_laugh]

Earlybird_obi_wan: Yeah, he's growing on me, too. :p

Lea-El: [face_shame_on_you] [face_laugh] That inspired a new plot bunny! Geesh, they're multiplying like crazy!

~~~~~~~~~

Tiin sat before the holocron, bundled up in a thick blanket, his light-brown hair wet. "Well, I completed the lightsaber, but I don't think I'll ever be warm again in spite of the fact I'm all bundled. It's funny, I felt more naked without my lightsaber than I do now just wrapped in this blanket!"

He shivers, but smiles slightly. "I got caught in the crystal caves on Ilum when a severe blizzard hit. I was stuck there for two weeks, so I made my lightsaber while waiting for the storm to cease. It is a good thing I had brought enough rations."

"I still hear those winds blowing." He shakes his head as if to clear itwhile he reaches to deactivate the holocron.

24. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Poor thing stuck in the cave freezing, with nothing to do but build a lightsaber.

At least he has his blanky now.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    get some fire started and huddling in a blanket will get you warm again.

nice update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.