main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Left Behind [A Dear Diary Challenge response. OC; drama, angst, and a bit of mush.] Updated 8/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    At least he's got a blanket! :D

=D=

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Lea-el: [face_laugh] That just brought an image to my mind of Linus from "Peanuts" holding a lightsaber.

earlybird: & VaderLVR64: Now all he needs is some hot cocoa [face_coffee] :p

~~~
    Tiin stands in front of the holocron looking puzzled. "I've lost track of how many times I've stood in front of you to speak." He waves his hand in dismissal. "No matter. Anyway, I cannot beleive Grinz! He had the audacity to inform me that he found my lightsaber and offer to sell it back to me for an exhorbitant price!"

He starts pacing. "I just cannot believe it. I do not believe for one minute that little scoundrel 'found' it. If he didn't pick it off my belt during the ruckus in the bar, he at least put someone up to it."

He stops and sighs letting go of his agitation. "My master talked Grinz into letting me have it if I do him a favor. The little blue demon wants me to go to Tatooine and get his younger brother out of prison there... seems he 'inadvertantly' appropriated some stolen goods. Hmph sounds familiar."

Tiin shakes his head as he deactivates the holocron.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    He meets a thief WOW Now to get that lightsaber back. Will that be difficult?

4. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    He stops and sighs letting go of his agitation. "My master talked Grinz into letting me have it if I do him a favor. The little blue demon wants me to go to Tatooine and get his younger brother out of prison there... seems he 'inadvertantly' appropriated some stolen goods. Hmph sounds familiar."

Wonderful! =D=

Looking forward to more! And I hope that lightsaber can be retrieved! :p

5. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Stealing something and ransoming it back to it's rightful owner. Nice guy!

I smell trouble if he goes to Tatooine.

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Everything is difficult when you deal with a character like Grinz :p

VaderLVR64: Hehe you shall see in a moment. ;)

Lea-El: There are worse than Grinz, but Tiin can't think of any right now. [face_laugh]
    ~*~*~*~

Tiin paces in front of the holocron.

"Grinz would test the patience of even Master Yoda! I rescued his brother, but he refused to give me the lightsaber because the brat was injured."

Tiin stops pacing and stands with his hands in fists at his side. "I am having great difficulty in averting my anger. I was so tempted to just use the Force and just take it from him. It's rightfully mine, after all. But I didn't. I just reasoned that if I take his brother to the healers, then after he is restored to health Grinz can give it back to me. I'm waiting now for Tat, Grinz's brother, to recouperate.

Tiin deactivates the holocron.

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely update! =D=

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Healthy again you see things more positive. Even Grinz?

Great update

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Ah, Grinz is just being true to his race... Squibs are like that, like the quote from Han Solo: "Squibs. They'll sell you a bucket of air if you let them, and keep the bucket." Their views on business arrangements can be fluid, meaning if you make a deal with them the deal can change. That's what's happening to poor Tiin.

VaderLVR64: I'm glad you're enjoying the story =)
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Tiin stands in front of the holocron looking at the two lightsabers in his hand. He shakes his head and looks up. "I am not ambidexterous, so I cannot use the both of them at the same time... so, I am not sure what I am going to do with two lightsabers."

He smiles slightly. "Well, Tat healed and Grinz gave me my old lightsaber back... obviously because I am holding it before you. I kept my new lightsaber here to ensure it did not come up missing though. I had noticed Grinz eyeing it when I first brought Tat to him. In fact, he mentioned the fact I was not carrying the new lightsaber and asked if I misplaced that one, too... and then offered to find it for a fee."

He rolls his eyes.

"Maybe, just maybe there is a slight possibility he did not outright steal my first lightsaber. Anyway, it no longer matters, as I have it back. Now I know to be careful when dealing with Squibs and pay attention to every detail."

He looks thoughtful. "I'm glad I got to help Grinz, though. He was truly happy to see his brother alive and well."

He switches off the holocron.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Helping beings that's what Jedi do.:)

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Nicely done! =D=

12. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    He could always wear one on each hip to be balanced.

If he was a girl she would have a boom chick a boom thing going when she walked.

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Yep, and that's the part Tiin likes most about being a Jedi.

VaderLVR64: Thank you. :)

Lea-El: [face_laugh] Now there's an image!

~~~~

Tiin stands in front of the holocron and winces as he starts to lower himself into a chair. Thinking better of the idea, he stands back up.

"It will be quite some time before I am comfortable with sitting." He speaks in a moaning tone. "I had a practice duel with Kavin earlier today. He is so much ahead of me in lightsaber skills. Where I am awkward, he is a natural. This time, though, he bested me not through skill so much but through mischevious trickery... though I guess that is a skill as well, the little snot." He tries to look annoyed, but an amused grin fights its way to his lips.

"Just as I had an advantage and was about to press it, I heard a strange sound behind me, and Kavin grinned as he levitated himself off the floor. To say the least, I was confounded until I stepped toward him, and my feet slipped from under me. Next thing I knew, my breath was knocked out of me as I landed flat on my back, and Kavin was hovering over me and had tapped his lightsaber, set on lowest setting, against my chest. 'Tag, you're it,' he was laughing when he said it."

Tiin shook his head and laughed. "A class of younglings had been watching our duel with Master Yoda, and one had a bag of jelly beans and had accidently spilled it. Kavin had seen it and I believe the scoundrel encouraged the beans to roll our way. Though it was embarrassing as the younglings and Yoda laughed, I cannot be angry at my friend. It was a good ploy, well executed."

He winces again as he rubs his backside. "Stang, Kavin is such a pain in the rear!"

Tiin laughs as he deactivates the holocron.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    another funny update. I love jellybeans;)

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    He winces again as he rubs his backside. "Stang, Kavin is such a pain in the rear!"

Tiin laughs as he deactivates the holocron.

=D= [face_laugh] =D=

16. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Friends can be so annoying when they know us too well.

Good post
    =D=

17. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: me too, especially the cherry and orange flavored ones.

VaderLVR64: Thanks :)

Lea-El: Yup! :p Thanks :)

~~~~~~~~~

Tiin shakes his head with a grin on his face. "Kavin told me today that he was not the one who made the jelly beans roll under me. He said it was Master Yoda. I believe him. Master Yoda is very well known as a prankster. Somehow though, I think it was also a test, not just a practical joke. I wonder if Kavin and I passed?"

He looks thoughtful for a moment. "I know Kavin did. He was able to see what was going on while still concentrating on our duel, and took advantage of the circumstances. Yet, he wasn't mean about it. He was laughing, but not at me. Nor was he laughing because he won, but, he just enjoys a good prank... even if it's on himself. He even helped me up and asked if I was alright after tapping me on the chest, even if he was still laughing."

Tiin grins again. "Him and Yoda are kindred spirits in a way. Though truth to tell, I don't see Kavin as ever becoming grand master... I wonder if Yoda's fellow padawans thought he'd be head of the council some day."

He taps the deactivator switch.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yoda as a prankster, loved it and I am sure he loves jellybeans too.
    Great update=D=

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! :D I love these characters. =D=

20. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    I always wondered about little Yoda also. Really little.

Good post thanks for the pm@};-

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: I don't know... Yoda likes that slimy gruel, I'm not sure jellybeans would be his thing. :p

VaderLVR64: Thanks, I'm having fun writing these. Does it show?

Lea-El: *gets an image of Yoda in diapers* [face_whistling]

Thanks and welcome. :)

EDIT: Because I forgot to add the newest entry! [face_blush]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiin sits solemnly in front of the holocron. "Jeskeshi and his master, Knight Flin-daro, were killed this morning in a tragic space cruiser explosion. There were many other Republic citizens aboard as well, 249 deaths in all."

He takes a deep, shaky breath. "Jeskeshi and I were never close. When we, Kavin, Miri and I were younglings, Jesk was always jeering us. Kavin didn't care less about what he said about him, but he always stood up to the boy on Miri's and my behalves."

He smiles slightly, but his lip trembles slightly. "I remember one particilar time when we were six, Kavin clobbered Jeskeshi over the head with a training saber when he had made Miri cry. Oh, Jesk was not hurt... he was wearing a helmet, after all."

He bites his lip. "But that was a long time ago. Jesk, even though not the best model for a jedi, did change for the better." He closes his eyes. "Kavin was speechless when he heard, but I could tell it disturbed him. I think perhaps Kavin feels guilty for disliking Jesk. I know I do. I mean, Jesk hasn't teased us for several years, and we could tell he had changed. But I don't think either of us forgave him for all the cruel jests."

He opens his eyes and looks down at his hands. "I know we should not mourn, but rejoice for those who become one with the force. But, Jesk was so young! He..." Tiin looks into the holocron viewfinder. "It could have been anyone of us."

Tiin shakes his head. "I guess if we mourn anyone we should mourn all the passengers and crewmembers, but, the fact we knew Jesk and his master really brings it home... We will never have the chance to make things right with our fellow padawan."

He reaches out and gently taps the deactivator switch as a tear runs down his cheek.

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely update and so sad for Tiin :_|

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    So sad! :_|

But great update. ;)

=D=

24. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    I once read be careful to keep your words soft and sweet you never know which ones you'll have to eat.

Death is hard to deal with in any galaxy.

Thanks for the PM @};-

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, earlybird-obi-wan, VaderLVR64, Lea-El.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiin sits bleary-eyed in front of the holocron. "I've just been up half the night talking to Kavin. He came to my room... though I don't know how he got by my master... and was so agitated he could hardly speak coherently. Once I got him calmed down, he informed me that the Lucky Queen... the ship that Jesk was on and exploded... was destroyed by terrorists. It was reported on the holonet that a demand to the Republic's chancellor that Boran Keft, be released from prison, or else other random civilian targets would be destroyed. Keft is the group's leader."

He sighs wearily. "Kavin kept pacing waving his arms about. What bothered him was the chancellor was actually giving the demand serious consideration. 'Giving in would just encourage more terrorist activities!' He shouted at one point. He woke my master, who wasn't too thrilled with Kavin."

He smiled slightly. "Poor Kavin, he is a good guy, but definitely needs to learn to keep his passion in check."

He closed his eyes and rubbed them. "I agree with him though. We must somehow stop these terrorists before they can strike again, and not give in to their demands."

"Well, I'm going back to bed. Loosing sleep isn't going to stop them." He turns off the holocron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.