main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Left Behind [A Dear Diary Challenge response. OC; drama, angst, and a bit of mush.] Updated 8/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Yes maybe if people had to pay with their pocketbooks instead of prison terms they would be more reluctant to do some things.

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Actually, I was thinking more like the mobsters' cutthroat business practices when I was writing than the middle-east, but I guess any group who thinks they can solve their problems through violence can be grouped into the same category.

VaderLVR64: I never thought my writing would be described as gritty. LOL, I like it, thanks. [face_devil]

Lea-El: Sad, isn't it, that concern for the state of their wallets would stop someone from committing a crime instead of concern for the immorality of the act.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hate running late!" Tiin paces in front of the holocron. "My landspeeder broke down, and I'm waiting for a spare part so I can repair it. I should be at the Bestine Senate building right now. I was to meet my master there for an important meeting. On top of that, I seem to misplaced my wristcomm, so I cannot inform Master Varli where I am and why I am not where I'm supposed to be."

He looks to his right. "Here it is..."

He deactivates the holocron.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Where will he end up being late?

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Nice update! =D=

5. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Landspeader troubles can be so annoying, at least Tiin can repair it himself.

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, everyone for reading so far.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tiin sits up in a bed, looking at the holocron. "Well, it's been awhile since I recorded anything. That is because I've been busy recuperating. Though I was late a couple weeks ago to the meeting at the Bestine Senate building, I wasn't the only one. The senator's aide and the others who were to meet my master and I were late as well for various reasons. The only one on time was my master... I don't think he's been late in his entire life!

"Anyway, our meeting was interrupted by a tsunami. My master and I worked hard to get as many people to safety as we could, and rescuing those who were caught in the ocean's waves. Ordinarily there would have been a warning from sensors under the sea of a likely occurance of a tsunami, but those sensors were damaged somehow, thus did not give us warning. I'd been feeling uneasy all that morning before it happened, but I couldn't tell why." Tiin sighs. "I just wish I'd been able to warn someone somehow... perhaps the many lives that were lost could have been saved."

He looks down at his hands which were folded in his lap. "A couple days after the tsunami, I spotted a child out on the water, holding onto some driftwood. I swam out to get him, and wound up being stung by a tralak ray. My master says I'm lucky to be alive, because the sting from a tralak ray is very poisonous. I've been in a healing trance for over a week, and am just now feeling somewhat normal."

He smiles slightly. "The parents of the boy I saved have been sneaking in various tasty treats for me. 'No one can get well on the horrid substance hospitals call food,' his mother whispered to me the first time she snuck in a dricklefruit pie." He blushes slightly. "I know as a Jedi I should not expect payment for something I do in the line of duty. In fact, I told her she didn't need to do anything for me, that I was just glad her son was alright. But, she keeps bringing the food and leaves it in spite of my protests.

He shrugs, "Who am I to waste food?"

He grins as he reaches for the holocron, saying, "Besides, she's a great cook." He taps the deactivator switch.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great that Tiin could save that child and let him enjoy that food.

Nice update=D=

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    It really is a shame to waste food! :D

=D=

9. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    My grandmother always said, "Waste not, want not."

I think my waist wishes I wouldn't follow her advise so carefully.

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you. And yeah, he's a still a growing boy. :p

VaderLVR64: And we know it isn't the Jedi way to be wasteful. ;)

Lea-El: Somewhere I read a turn on that phrase... "Want not, waist not." Or maybe it was just my demented mind. :p

~~~~~~~~~~

A man with long wavy blond hair and a beard and mustache stands in front of the holocron. He is wearing a bright colored floral print tunic and carrying a surfboard that's taller than he is. "Hello, it is me, Tiin. I was released from the hospital the day after my last entry, and I've been busy ever since. Right now I can't really say much, but just wanted to record this ridiculous outfit for posterity. I'm going undercover, and may not check in for awhile. At least I get more time to spend in the water."

He turns off the holocron.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    No crocs? A nice update and I wish him luck.

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! =D=

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, VaderLVR64, earlybird-obi-wan, and Lea-El for reading this so far. Unfortunately, I've run out of ideas for Tiin... I've got so much on my plate right now. I'm gonna drop this diary out of the challenge, though I may update from time to time... though not today.

14. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    We'll miss you but I know how it is so for now hang ten on your undercover mission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.