main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LEGACY #0

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Exactly. I wasn't actually trying to knock the Roman Empire, though I probably came across that way, but try to put into context that theres bad things about everything, and, conversely, good things about everything as well.

Society tends to focus on the good parts of the Roman Empire, ignoring the bad. Similarly, society focuses on the bad connotations of the word "empire", ignoring the good. Perhaps even more ironic is the fact that some of the worst atrocities in history were not commited by hereditary monarchs or unelected emperors, but by ordinary democratically elected representatives (WW2 anyone?). Just because something is a democracy doesn't make it pure and righteous, just like just because something is an empire shouldn't make it evil and unfairly dictatorial.

Anyway... enough political theory... bring on LEGACY 0! :p

2. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    The British certainly have the best PR, even better than the Romans, but there's a number of serious, serious atrocities on their hands that everybody just ignores.

3. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    >>John, may you give us a hint? Or at leats let me know if I'm close or on the right track? <<

You're SOMEWHERE.<g>

-- John

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well I guess there's only one way to handle this.

Rukh!

*fires stokilli spray sticks*

GRAB THE AUTHOR TIL WE GET SOME ANSWERS!

5. JacenSolo89

JacenSolo89 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2005

Yay! I'm glad I'm somewhere...

That was just my guess on it, btw...probably most likely not gonna happen...

Now, this will probably be the last thing I ask of you, John, but can you tell me if your comics are gonna be cannon? I hope they are. Luke and Ben Skywalker won't live forever. SOMEONE (who is a Skywalker) needs to take charge after they're dead. But, I guess another thing I am wondering is...why a pirate? Or, is he kinda a good pirate or a bad one? Don't have to answer, I was just wondering that...but please answer my first question, if you can, about it being cannon or not. I will greatly appreciate it.

6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Cannon go BOOM!

And why wouldn't Legacy be canon?

7. DropkickJake

DropkickJake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Atrocities at the hands of the British? no...

(Reads some history of Ireland.)

8. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    What they did to India was an order of magnitude worse than what they did to the Irish.

9. DropkickJake

DropkickJake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Bullcrap my friend. India was terrible indeed, just as bad certainly. But dont make what they did in ireland trite or small. For hundreds of years they subjagated the whole island. They passed lawsincredibly discriminatory towards the Catholic Irish. What they did in ireland is comparable to what we in america did to blacks and what we did to native americans.

But to be on topic, i look foward to seeing a skywalker break the mold.

10. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Everything in the EU is canon (cannon go boom!) except:

- Anything labeled Infinities
    - Holiday Special (kinda iffy on this one, as parts have been made canon, like with the Glove of Vader books)
    - All issues of SW Tales before #21
    - Tag & Bink :(
    - The Maul tale in Visionaries
    - That Manga thing that I know nothing of

Everything else is 100% canon.

11. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Actually, an article on Hyperspace about General Grievous, convinced me otherwise...[face_mischief][face_shhh]

12. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    Dropkick Jake: The famines due to British policy in India over the course of Empire killed well over ten times the entire population of Ireland.

I'm looking forward to this. I'm skeptical so far, but hopefully that's more due to the poor advertising they've done so far.

13. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    >>Now, this will probably be the last thing I ask of you, John, but can you tell me if your comics are gonna be cannon?<<

So far as I know.

>> I guess another thing I am wondering is...why a pirate? Or, is he kinda a good pirate or a bad one? <<

Actually, if you look at what has been given, it says that Cade once was apprenticed to the pirate Rav and has found a home with bounty hunters and smugglers. It doesn't say he is CURRENTLY a pirate.

-- John

14. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Its the Dread Pirate Ravverts...

Apprenticed to a Pirate you said.. so would Cade be a Pirate Apprentice.. or was the Pirate Rav also a Jedi Master.. as well as a pirate.. hmmm o_O

15. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Is it just me John, or do I detect a little Will Turner in Cade? :D Can we expect a little Jack Sparrow from his pirate mentor? *crosses fingers*

16. InquisitorBetts

InquisitorBetts Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    How little? I'm don't think I can accept stumpy Jedi.

17. Darth_Napoleon_MN

Darth_Napoleon_MN Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2004
    John so since Cade currently isn't a pirate. Does that mean he won't be looking for water?

18. InquisitorBetts

InquisitorBetts Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    Hmm... him not being a pirate at the moment also dosn't preclude him becoming one again as the story progresses.

19. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999

He never said he wasn't a pirate, he just said that the solicitation doesn't mention it either way.

20. Darth_Napoleon_MN

Darth_Napoleon_MN Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2004
    I knew my joke would go over some peoples head. [face_laugh]

21. LordMalaki

LordMalaki Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2006
    I would of much preferred the Skywalkers as a large branching family. With a few Jedi Skywalker descecndants looking down on Cade for his decision.

I just hope they arn't counting Leia's heirs as Skywalkers, since it said Cade is the last Skywalker.

22. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I don't get the impression they are.

23. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Leia is a Skywalker too. That you've never seen it written anywhere doesn't mean otherwise.

24. LordMalaki

LordMalaki Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2006
    Exactly if you are being literal, that means Cade would be the last. Witch I think would be the dumbest thing since(Insert creative comment, my apologies its early.). Unless they have long lost Skywalkers, or like Skywalkers in witness protection.

Michael

25. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    You're right. However, as far as the Jedi are concerned - as far as Legacy seems to be concerned - it's the carriers of the name, the direct line of Anakin and Luke, that matters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.