main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LEGACY #0

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I may possibly be even more excited for this comic than I was for the beginning of LotF. This is just like when ST:TNG came out. Everything's familiar, yet different. And seeing how successful TNG was (spawning 2 spinoffs and 4 movies), I'm super excited for this one. Who knows, if it's successful enough DH may go ahead with a spin-off series, or some tie-ins (like the JEDI, Obsession, and Purge comics).

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    It's on Diamond Comics' shipping list for tomorrow, yay!

3. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Legacybattle1.jpg
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Legacytie.jpg

Spoiler risk at watching these, looks a bit weird if this is all supposed to take place 100 years after return of the jedi.[face_worried]
    But looks cool anywayo_O

4. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Fangasm.....AHHHHHHHH

Spoilers Below

Pellaeon Class Super Star Destroyer
    Imperial Knights - Jedi Loyal to the Emperor
    Emperor Fel

5. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    So Legacy spoils LoTF on that last part - but at least the Emperor´s background makes some sense now. Ironic really, considering the new spoiler policy here...[face_mischief]

What comes to the second thing - are the more traditional ones still around? As the attacks scenes released first would indicate?

6. razzy1319

Jun 27, 2004
    Empire dominates the galaxy from Coruscant once more after a war with the Galactic Alliance.

Kol Skywalker - Cade's daddy, Jedi Councilman, killed in the Massacre of Ossus.

7. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Thank you.

An unpleasant situation then...[face_worried] and probably the lamest name for a Skywalker so far.[face_plain]

8. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Huh..... Empire vs GA... what the heck... so what the hell happened to the GA after the Legacy of the Force.. and what in Emperor's black bones is a massacre on Ossus?

9. Teek

Teek Jedi Master

Jul 8, 1998
    Does Emperor Fel mean Jag and Jaina? [face_thinking] If it's his daughter who eventually gets rescued by/interacts with Cade, any romance won't be quite as icky as Luke/Leia. But it's still kinda bleah.

10. razzy1319

Jun 27, 2004
    [image=http://starwars.wikia.com/images/6/64/Legacybattle1.jpg]

11. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Does the resurgent Empire have a specific name, or is it just referred to as 'the Empire'?

12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Hmm... so the GA becomes an empire? I can't say I didn't see that one coming :p Will be interesting to see how they approach the formation of this empire in order to combat the belief that Star Wars empires are always evil. Interesting though. I really like the sound of a Pellaeon-class Super Star Destroyer, a nice way of immortalising good ol' Gilad.

It's all very... different I guess. Not that different is bad... just different. I've no problems with a good empire, as there are lots of sci-fi or fantasy series where empires are good, though it will will take a while to get over the preconcieved notion that Star Wars ones are always bad. I guess maybe this means the GA will turn out to be the bad guys in LOTF or something... I pretty much have been expecting something like that ever since the NR collapsed but I'm intrigued now to see how all this develops.

13. Fingolfin_Noldor

Aug 10, 2004
    I register my speechlessness. All hail the return of the Sith knights under the Empire... that is one ruled not by a Sith Lord apparently.

You know, I have a sudden compulsion to root for the new Sith to destroy the Empire. Woohoo!

More like the GA gets destroyed and everything Luke Skywalker did was for naught.

14. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Still rather too soon to assume that really. The GA isn't exactly the most honest and fair of governments as LOTF shows so it wouldn't surprise me if Luke actually changes sides. That could quite easily become the big 'twist' in the middle of the LOTF series so that the story ends up having more to it than just a prolonged war over nine books. The Imperial Knights being cut down by the Sith seem to imply the Jedi are on the same side as this empire, unless the Sith are the good guys now and everything has turned upside down.

Plus, challenging the idea that all empires are evil would actually be quite interesting. One of the few things I actually dislike about Star Wars is that it's impact on society has led to many people viewing the word empire as synonymous with evil. I'd be quite pleased to see Star Wars try and restore some credibility to the idea of empires as being able to be good as well. Star Trek, Warhammer, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, etc, all have empires that aren't evil.

15. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Why do we see again and again the same plots re-used in Star Wars? What is behind this lack of innovation?

I will read all the LoTF books, but one can ask what point is there to read them when we know what will happen? People will die for GA and Corellia and the Jedi Order - and all in vain. Legacy can be a good comic, if all the clichées are used well, but... couldn´t we have had something different this time? Something really new?

16. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    A lot of things can happen in a hundred years. For all we know everything was going on perfectly and then a meteor hit skywalker one day and everything went to the dogs. So there's a lot of point in reading it.

17. Fingolfin_Noldor

Aug 10, 2004
    Then why on earth was there a Massacre of Ossus?

18. razzy1319

Jun 27, 2004

GA and Jedi approve of Vong terraforming of devastated planets but the terraforming is sabotaged by the Sith. The sabotage makes inhabitants of the planets into those bony slave things the VOng used to make. The Empire uses the situation to their advantage and gets the member worlds of the GA to join the Empire under the guise of "The Mission". War starts between GA and the Empire, Empire wins, GA is absorbed into the empire and Jedi retreat to Ossus because they dont want to become Imperial Knights. For some reason that war was called the Sith-Imperial War and the Sith is somehow allied with the Empire but not ruling it yet.

if the blurb for Legacy 1 is correct the Sith betrays the Emperor probably taking over the Empire and conducts the Massacre on Ossus

19. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    So the Imperial Knights and the Jedi are two different things?
    Well, as far as I can tell from what I've seen, the massacre was the work of the Sith against the empire. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if so that would imply that empire isn't necessarily evil. It looks more like the whole Corellia v GA thing really, with neither side necessarily correct.

Until the Sith come into the picture of course, but, that's later on. The point is it looks as if the empire didn't necessarily intend to be evil to begin with, it just ends up that way after the Sith decide to come in, kill the Emperor, and take over.

20. razzy1319

Jun 27, 2004
    Yup.

Imperial Knights serve the will of the Emperor

Jedi serve the will of the Force.

21. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    I wrote on another thread that it could be that there will be no logical connection between the end of LoTF and the beginning situation of Legacy and that everything that will change the galaxy will happen between them, unseen. Sadly it seems that I was right.:(

22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Ah, I see. Then perhaps the empire is evil then, or at least after it falls under the control of the Sith, its establishment seems more the result of a needless war where neither side was right, kind of like LOTF. Actually, this almost seems exactly like LOTF if the Sith were the cause of the war by sabotaging the terraforming thing.

Funny actually... as the distinction between the Imperial Knights and the Jedi almost makes them sound like what Luke's doing by serving Cal Omas without question...

I'm increasingly curious about one of the statements I saw either Jan or John mention at some point about how LFL somewhat directed what period they write about. I've been wondering on and off when the next SW MMORPG that Bioware are apparently working on will be set, and whether this will all turn out to be part of a giant interlinked project. The more I hear about Legacy the more I feel that could actually be the case, as this would make for a nice RPG setting with Jedi on virtually every possible side. Definately a fanboys roleplaying dream in that respect.

23. razzy1319

Jun 27, 2004
    Looks like Dread Pirate Rav was the Feoorin we saw in Newsarama's preview

And we have a cameo from someone from the clone wars...

24. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    200-year old Kiffar?[face_plain]

The Neti Jedi, most logically?

25. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    This looks fantastic. I like how there are two separate orders of Jedi, the Imperial Knights and the 'real' Jedi. I also like how the 'real' Jedi don't serve any particular government, just the will of the Force. It's how I think the Jedi should be. It seems like the reslolution of the whole argument that the Jedi had through the Dark Nest series. Half of them serve the galactic Government, and half of them serve just the Force. I think they left the relationship between the Sith and the Empire purposefully vague, I suspect it will be revealed throughout the series. However, I don't think the Sith will be the good guys by any stretch. Anyway, I think Legacy is going to be fantastic, and I think it's going to challenge a lot of the preconcieved notions we've had about Star Wars, especially the Empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.