main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #1: Broken, part 1 (of 6) (release discussion)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whos_luke

Whos_luke Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2006
    Down With Star WARS!!! Long Live Star TRek. PS Where Is Pickard, John Luke

2. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    OMG!! As I was reading this issue I kept thinking Kol reminded me of someone I'd seen before and I just realized who it was: Banshee!

Maybe it's just the big collar, red hair, and side burns. Dang! Now I'm going to be imagining Kol with a Irish accent :p

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I'd say, based on the description he gave - as well as how it sets up a plot - I would say it's most definitely Cade he's referring to.
    We were shown Cade tapping into the dark side to "draw life back from death." From his term "a dark light," it would seem what makes Krayt wig out is that there's a Jedi using the dark side for a good end, and since that end was healing, Krayt wants Cade specifically to save him, which is a pretty interesting plot piece, I think.

4. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Well, I finished ish 1 and gotta say it's very interesting. Was I the only one who felt rushed, though? It was like an insane amount of information just whizzed by my eyes and by the end I was like...okaaaay. The art was pretty good (Jan is very talented) but I was often confused by who's who and what I was supposed to be looking at. Also, what gives with the Imperial Knights? They were dispatched in ten seconds! The handbook built them up as these unstoppable elite and then - wham - reduced to so many body parts. I realize they were up against a Sith but shoot. It's kind of like the Imperial Guard (of old). They always built them up as elite, but we never saw them do anything! Well, except for Kir Kanos, God bless his crazy soul [:D] I loved the Imperial Guards and now I'm an instant fan of the Imperial Knights...I just wish they'd get a little more kick-butt screen time [face_beatup]

Still, I can't wait to see where this series goes.

Oh, and Fel possibly starting a new rebellion...nice touch.

5. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    As a Fleet Junkie, I was rather impressed that the shuttle carried a full size fighter. I also like the fighters with quad lasers, makes them more threatening.

6. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah, I hope next issue we also get to see the new ISDs :D everything looks fantastic!

7. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    my only complaint of the comic is the same with all comics: fights are over too fast. Krayt vs. the IK was over in one frame. i'm not saying that the comic stunk its just.....not a movie. i can't wait for comics in 2097 that are holograms with the characters actually moving and talking....[face_whistling]

8. TC2000

TC2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    I surfed through all six pages of this thread and didn't see this subject brought up......

Where exactly did they get all of those candidates for the Sith order?

During the fall of Ossus we see a myriad of species represented , all Sith, where did they come from?
    How did they get to Korriban?
    Did they just randomly find the place or did Krayt summon these folks through the force?
    How did Krayt find Korriban in the first place?
    It seems to imply someone with knowledge of the location went there and started raising the Sith army.
    How do the Jedi not sense all this happening?

I have a gut feeling that Krayt is someone we have seen before, I am sure of it.

Anyway it's a great start to the new series, thanks John and Jan - you do not disappoint!

~ Cheers!

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Darth Krayt's been on Korriban for 100 years, training Sith from birth for at least 3 generations, it is the most famous Sith world. The shroud of the dark side on Korriban, being a planet already covered in Sith artifacts and tombs, kept them secret from the Jedi.

10. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    The location of Korriban is not a secret, and the Jedi seem to avoid it. I would think dark emanations from Korriban wouldn't be anything alarming, and its possible the Sith, in secret, went out throughout the galaxy finding candidates, much like the Jedi do.

Korriban's also not completely cut off. As much as I liked the idea of an isolated tomb world, KotOR pooped on that with the invention of Dreshdae.

11. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    To elaborate on this (bearing in mind this is just pure speculation and (hopefully) logical extrapolation):

I'd bet that this new Sith Order has found plenty of converts among those whose homeworlds were ravaged by the Galactic Civil War, the Vong, or both. There's probably millions, if not billions of refugees that have been floating around the galaxy in the wake of these Galaxy-Shaking events. Even if it's one billion, and one in a million is a force-sensitive, that's 100 potential Sith right there.

Either way, I'm sure there's plenty of disaffected folks in the Galaxy that would prefer to have nothing to do with the Jedi -or- the Empire (Imperial Knights) who just happen to be Force-Sensitive. I -do- really like the "feel" that sets up, with the Sith as a literal "cult" of Force-Users with a clearly defined goal and a "religious leader" dedicated to accomplishing it.

12. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    After reading #1, I definitely see a Cade/Nihl fight in the future...

I have a feeling that all Krayt's lieutenants won't be around forever.

13. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    I'd go more for a Wolf/Nihl fight, he did cut his arm after all, and kill his best friend.

14. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I hope Nihl doesn't get bumped off too soon :( A Nagai Sith has some real potential for some pretty cool destruction :)

15. Ph0enix

Jul 22, 2002
    And Nihl killed Cade's father. I could definitely see a situation where Wolf and Nihl go at it, Wolf dies, and Cade kills Nihl.

16. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Too much death in my opinion. Star Wars has had a bad tendency to make "death" the only solution in this sort of problem.

Kill Palpatine, Kill Shimrra/Onimi, Kill Kueller, Kill Brakiss, Kill Thrawn, etc...

17. TC2000

TC2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    OKAY,
    So the whole disillusioned beings/refugees willing to be recruited makes sense.

But wouldn't this recruitment get back to the Jedi in some small way?

Krayt-"So I am taking volunteers to start a new Sith army, anyone force sensitive start a line to the right. Our eventual goal is the domination of the galaxy, but it could take a while so be patient."

Alright that was a joke, but you'd think that the Jedi would have some sort of watch on that particular system to guard against this sort of eventuality.

~ Cheers!

18. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    The Jedi find recruits by chance, usually. If they never find them, they never know they missed them.

19. Ph0enix

Jul 22, 2002
    They didn't kill Depa or Raynar...

20. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    I mean the totally evil guys, Depa and Raynar were probably "spared" because we cared for them, but a totally evil always hated character, I can't think of too many.

BTW; is it me, or does Darth Krayt's Helmet look like a Tuk'ata:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tuk%27ata

??

21. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    No one is speaking about the little Ewok plushie! :( :_|

22. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    I didn't see the Ewok plushie...I must go back for another look. Hm...

As far as Krayt recruiting disillusioned refugees of war...I don't know if this has any bearing on these discussions, but, was I just imagining this or did George Lucas tell us that the Force "dried up" when Anakin fell to the Dark Side. I thought I read in an interview where Lucas said that once Anakin turned Dark, no more babies were born with the ability to use the Force UNTIL he was redeemed. Maybe when Anakin turned Light and the Force got "switched back on", it caused such a surge in Force sensitives that...okay, I don't really know where I'm going with this, I just remembered that article and wondered if it had anything to do with the birth of a new Sith. I'll leave it to the professionals to sort it all out. [face_whistling]

23. Master_Veila

Master_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2006
    I see Krayt plotting to make sure the fight between Nihl and Skywalker happens in an effort to turn Cade to the dark side.

24. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Picked up issues #0 and #1 today.

Gotta say: the setup is mighty interesting. I like having two factions of Jedi. The Imperial Knights seem awfully cool.

And it's nice to see the after-effects of the Vong War not only featured, but actually embraced.

25. Ph0enix

Jul 22, 2002
    I...uh...saw it. And it was little. And Ewokish.

[face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.