main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #11: Ghosts, part 1 (of 2) - Vader wants his damn pants back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jango_Fettish, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy_Stradley

Randy_Stradley Dark Horse Comics Editor and Author star 2 VIP

Apr 23, 2002
    All this carping gives me an idea. Hey, John, Jan! Put Obi-Wan in an upcoming issue of Legacy and have him tell nothing but lies. Have him tell one about how he saved the galaxy, or something... But don't teell the fans -- let it be a surprise.
    [face_shhh]

2. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
  3. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    "Everything I tell you is a lie."~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Oh, and Obi-Wan sent Luke on the path to save the Galaxy, so Ben saved the Galaxy...from a certain point of view.

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    [face_plain]

[face_worried]

:_|

5. Master_Shan

Master_Shan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2005
    When did he say that?!

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    [face_laugh] Good one!

Obi-Wan was certainly known for bending a truth or two or ten. :p

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    After karma got back to him and he was reincarnated as a big purple chicken.

8. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    *Fixed

9. JEDI-KILLER_17

JEDI-KILLER_17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Well Dark Horse still has the issue coming out this Wednesday, but its on the diamond for next week. So one more week without "Vader wants his damn pants back!".

Maybe this means 12 will come out in just a couple of weeks.[face_praying]

...but I doubt it.:_|

10. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    "I WARNED you--Now DARTH VADER demands HIS PANTS BACK!"

11. Krados

Krados Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    I hate to complain, I really do: especially since I believe Star Wars: Legacy to be the best fiction since Heir to the Empire. I give full credit to the superb work of John and Jan from keeping me interested in the universe. After all, by Lucas? own admission the planned story for the prequel trilogy was rather sparse and all other recent series (NJO and LotF) follow rather formulaic plots. Thus, the true planning and storytelling in these comics are beyond words.

But ANOTHER delay?! I was never into comics so as to follow their progress month to month but it appears Dark Horse gets a lot of their work delayed, by at least a week.

Maybe I am just mad because Jan said the cover to #11 was amazing and I love her work. Plus, all we have heard on this issue is that it contains huge revelations. Oh for the love of God, Randy....I?m dyin' here!

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    So then always expect it to come out a week late and moderate your anticipation accordingly. Such is the world of comics, and there's not a whole lot that can be done to change it.

13. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Fatalism, necessary character trait for a reader - and buyer - of comics?o_O

14. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Yes there is: buy TPBs :p

I don't remember hearing of any TPB being delayed. If anything, they come out a few weeks early...

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The same old story.....just like the usual. A delay and the bleeding dark horse lovers hear will cut your throat if you get upset over it. Dark Delay Horse continues with there usual MO. Nothing new hear!:rolleyes:

16. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Wednesday?

17. Master_Shan

Master_Shan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2005
    Of course....

ugh, I hate myself for not getting that immediately.

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Unless you can control the printing companies, yes. And unless you think that bullwhipping the artists to get sub-par work in on time is better than getting it right and waiting one measly week.

Delays are common across comics publishers due to the nature of the tight-deadline business and the very tight printing schedule. If you'd actually read what Randy says every time he posts on the topic (and he's posted on it numerous times) you'd get that. There's no point in constantly, constantly bitching over something that's practically industry standard, especially when it's just a matter of seven days.

19. Krados

Jul 25, 2004
    Havac, the problem is that it is not seven days, it is fourteen. That is, barring any more delays. (Legacy #3 anyone?) I am now beginning to realize the nature of the comics industry as one where delays are common place... for now. Yet, this would be un-acceptable in any other industry. Maybe if we, as consumers, decided to complain, as capitalism wills us to do, the problem would cease.

20. browwiw

browwiw Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2007
    He's complaining about a week? Ha! You know how long I've been waiting for the final issue of The Ultimates, Vol 2?

21. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    But the question is why? Why would we do that for a silly luxury item? Shouldn't we have better things to do with our time than whine and moan about a comic book coming out a week later than they said it would?

That's to say nothing of the fact that the reasons for delay are often very legit. In addition to seconding Havac's recommendation to read one of Randy's many posts that explain this, I would also suggest reading posts John and Jan have made about all the work that goes into making a single issue. They had very thorough posts sometime back in the summer about this.

22. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    I read a comic book that only comes out once or twice a year at best. (No, it's not Dark Times.) So a waiting a few weeks for Legacy #11 is nothing. At least I won't have to reread the whole run to make sense of it. :D

23. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    I admit I am puzzled... Legacy 11 has been done for some time now. Right now I'm working on issue 15 in the run so, as you can see, Randy has got the whip out and he ain't afraid to use it! [face_worried]

Maybe Vader got his pants back and Cade is desperately searching the second-hand shops for another pair of Sith Lord drawers? [face_blush]

Gotta be it...

24. Krados

Jul 25, 2004
    Thankfully this still ranks on topic (although barely). My only concern was reading Jan?s comments that Issue #11 was done back in January. I would give John and Jan all the time they need for such greatness that they put upon the page. What draws my ire is simply the corporate or publishing slothfulness. The point is I need Legacy now. It has truly become the highlight of every release week as it is just?perfect.

Lol...damn those pants have become troublesome.

25. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    So, Jan (or John, or Randy, or Jeremy, or whoever) perhaps, since it doesn't seem to be the art this time, you could explain what other factors might come into delaying a comic. (I seem to recall #9 or #10's delay being a mystery even to Randy).

Oh, and Jan, since you're on #15 right now, any juicy spoilers you care to share? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.