main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #11: Ghosts, part 1 (of 2) - Vader wants his damn pants back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jango_Fettish, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    TGOO? That's almost as funny as early information about The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time calling it Zelda TOOT.

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Well, apparently it's definitely going to be a trip, but...I wonder if that trip is going to involve a lot more than just fighting Vader. Maybe hanging out with the Big Three and the Solo Brats...maybe talking to Kol...

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    What the hell is this from? Or are you being funny?

--Adm. Nick

EDIT:

Nevermind. I get it. :p

4. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    You must not have read your copy thouroughly enough if you missed it. It's very subtle. Once the 'Imperial Treachery' is revealed, Stazi announces that he'll ally with a different group of Imperials who "Aren't so treacherous." The next panel (it's really skinny, you have to look very hard because they tried to squich it in there so no one would notice it) shows Stazi bowing to Krayt. :p

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Random thought:

Luke told Cade to stop using death sticks; Cade retorted that he used them to get rid of Luke's ghost following him around.

Now it seems Cade's on a death stick trip through the Dagobah (er - Ossus) Cave in this arc. We know he fights Vader, and more than likely meets several other "ghosts" on the way. But will Luke be among them? After all, he's using death sticks. Maybe he'll only be seeing Sith Lords and other Dark Siders while he's drugged out.

Then again, if it's like the cave on Dagobah, these "ghosts" aren't ghosts as much as Force-induced visions. Makes you wonder if that "mist" in the cave wasn't noxious fumes Luke was snuffing... [face_thinking]

6. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    :eek:

That's not Vader! It's really the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come! :eek:

7. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    I can't think of a better way to get someone to stop being a junkie when you get your butt kicked by Sith Lord hallucinations.

8. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Yeah, but "Force-induced Visions of Ossus" just doesn't have the same ring to it as Ghosts.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/TonyS37/gravestone.jpg]

9. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I think that was meant to be a snotty retort. They deaden his connection to the Force, which helps him to forget the pain while he's using drugs, which is part of the reason drug users anywhere use drugs when depressed.
    Again, death sticks deaden his connection to the Force. Chances are this trip is entirely hallucinatory, and has nothing to do with the Force.
    Not likely, because the whole reason they keep Luke away is, again, drugs deaden your connection to the Force.

10. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    ORLY? YA RLY!

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Bota's an obvious exception, and Gimer's not really much of a drug, in the sense we're using it. Perhaps it's safer to say narcotics deaden your connection to the Force?

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Perhaps it's safest to say Cade is convinced death sticks deaden his connection to the Force?

13. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Luke told him so. Unless death turned Luke into a liar...

14. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    ...or made him to see things from Obi-wan´s point of view.;)

15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    [face_laugh]

When I posted that, I thought a second later to look at the previous pages posts. Which, as I saw, had people making funny predictions as to what the "suprise" in #10 was.

Which was a big one, to say the least. :D Hot mama!

As for that panel with Stazi joining the Sith, I guess that only appeared in your comic! :p

--Adm. Nick

16. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Nah, I'm pretty sure you're just not looking hard enough.

17. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Maybe we'll have a Mon Cal admiral who disagrees with Stazi?

18. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Well, I am always open to Mon Calamari admirals. :p

Though, I am happy that DH chose to make their GA admiral something different. It would of been too like the original trilogy to have a Mon Cal lead the fleet. I like how they chose a Duros.

First off, cause they simply look cool.

Secondly, Duros are a race with a long history in spacefaring, plus they are Republic founders, Rebel Alliance members, New Republic members and lastly GA members. Outside a Mon Cal, the perfect choice!

--Adm. Nick

19. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Why not a Neimodian? Close enough to Duros without seeming like a Stazi clone, but have to make sure s/he is of the Marath Voroo variety.

20. TC2000

TC2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    Jan,

Finally got around to checking in at DH and I like the 1 page preview of #11. Good stuff, Like I said before. Keep it coming!

21. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Finally got around to checking in at DH and I like the 1 page preview of #11. Good stuff, Like I said before. Keep it coming!

Hey, TC2000--thanks! Glad you are liking it (well, what little there is so far...) This is just a little teaser--much more fun to be had inside the issue! :eek: :cool:[face_dancing]

22. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Jan, we ever gonna get a more...traditional 4-page preview for Leg 11 or are we not gonna get anymore than "Vader Wants His Damn Pants Back!" until we get the whole issue?

23. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Everything else in the issue was too spoiler-ific to be shown. Isn't an angry Sith Lord enough?

24. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006
    Personally I liked the old way where it was the first 4 pages. That way we always knew how the comic would start. Still I love Legacy and Dark Horse especially since i live half hour from their HQ in Milwakie.[face_dancing]
    JN

25. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Iiiiii caaaaannn't waaaaaaiit!!!!
    I like the idea of showing you the four pages most likely to get you hooked without spoiling anything.

Of course, I have a mixed relationship with the previews, both in comics and at the back of the novels. Inevitably, when I buy the comic or novel, it's so hard to read the pages that were in the preview because I've read them already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.