main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #13: Ready to Die -Featuring Darth Kruhl!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Pumaman

The_Pumaman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2007
    I'd buy this game wihtout second thoughts :D

2. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    yes, but she's also wedge's niece... [face_worried]

no seriously, Soontir and Syal (Wedge's sister) named their daughter Wynssa, after's Syal's old stage name of Wynssa. Wynssa Fel

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    ohmygodyesplease!

Man, did Jan and John have any idea the sheer awesomeness they were releasing into the world when they made Roan Fel and the Imperial Knights?

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    We haven't seen him wearing typical IK armor, yet, though. He was wearing his Roan Fel armor.

5. JEDI-KILLER_17

JEDI-KILLER_17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Hmm... I wonder what planet he is on. Doesn't look like Bastion.

6. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    The bamboo makes it look like Asia. Could be Anzat.

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    JA was a glorified expansion pack imo.

I stand by my numerals!

I also stand by refering to the games as:

Dark Forces
    Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
    Dark Forces III: Jedi Outcast

Even if I am wrong. God damn marketing decisions that make the games look silly next to each other.

I really, really, really want an Imperial Knight game now though.

"I'm no Jedi, I'm just an Emperor with a lightsaber and a few questions."

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Fixed.

9. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Yeah, I really want an Imperial Knight game, too. I think people should just mod one. Mod it. Also, someone mod Battlefront II and make a Massacre at Ossus map.

10. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Y'know, I don't know if he's been suggested before, but I could totally see Kyle founding the IKs.

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Don't see why. Kyle hates the Empire and isn't big on government. He's also not trusting enough to pledge himself, unwaveringly, to anyone.

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    IIRC, Corulag has large fields of bamboo.

Then again, it could easily be any world that DH wants. Foilage and plant life don't always indicate a particular world.

--Adm. Nick

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    But in a visual medium, they often do. And should.

14. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Eh, I say where they went wrong was by slapping numbers on them to begin with. What was wrong with just having Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Academy, without the need to throw around a bunch of sequel numbers?

-Paul

15. Dark_Guardian

Dark_Guardian Jedi Master star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    What about Anzat?

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "Imperial Knight" and "Imperial Commando" would be two of the best games ever. I'm still waiting on "TIE Fighter: Empire."

:p

17. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    "Imperial Commando" would be famazing. Mostly cuz I just want to play as Delta Squad executing Order 66.

18. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    To make sure that fans of the origianl know about it and are interested. Hence why Jedi Knight was tied to Dark Forces, while Outcast and Academy were tied to the much-better-selling Jedi Knight.

Those in and of themselves weren't a problem. The problem came when they called Jedi Outcast Jedi Knight II, introducing two numbering systems to the series. :p

19. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Bah. You know you would rather have: Star Wars: The New Jedi Order Flight Sim. Three seperate campaigns. The first would be a New Republic campaign, ending with Ebaq Nine. The second would be the Imperial campaign, starting with the assault on Bastion and ending with Borosk. The last would be the Galactic Alliance campaign, covering Bilbringi, Duro, Corulag, Mon Calamari, and Coruscant.

The ultimate game. :cool:

--Adm. Nick

20. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    No, you forgot where we play Yuuzhan Vong and crush the infidel ;-)

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That is not nearly as interesting.

A failed galactic government, a has been fascist tyranny ruled by a doddering old man, and an Alderaanian dictator's pet empire.

Please. [face_talk_hand]

22. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Darth Kruhl is pretty much certain to die in this issue, but could there be something more in him than just being a suicidal assassin? There has to be some reason for his deathwish. Could he perhaps be a captured Jedi or an Imperial Knight, turned to the Dark Side by the Sith? So that he would be more than just another Darth Maleval, who was basically just cannon fodder. And from whose viewpoint this issue will be? From the viewpoint of Darth Kruhl or from the viewpoint of Roan Fel? I just hope that there will be some surprise in this, that it will not be possible just describe it as "Suicidal Sith assassin tries to kill Roan Fel and fails after Roan shows that he can fight."

23. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I don't know if there's any reason to believe Kruhl is going to die in this issue. Just because we haven't heard his name before doesn't mean he's a redshirt.

Of course, you could just be referring to the fact that, if he's going up against Fel, he's almost sure to die.

I do, however, agree that it'd be cool to have some backstory on one of these Sith, to see what makes them tick and why.

24. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    If it isn't explained why he is suicidal in this issue, it will probably be covered in a backstory issue.

25. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    "Atypical loyalty" and "ready to die" do not necessarily mean "suicidal."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.