main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #13: Ready to Die -Featuring Darth Kruhl!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    IKs annihilating aesthete Anzat assassins equals awesomeness!:D

My personal preferences tend towards a Mandalorian merc game, fighting for the highest bidders.[face_mischief]

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    GTA style Mando game? I've been begging for it for years.

3. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I don't know if there's any reason to believe Kruhl is going to die in this issue. Just because we haven't heard his name before doesn't mean he's a redshirt.

No, these Sith are redskins.:p But, leaving very bad jokes aside, we have a suicidal Darth we have not heard before in in-universe on an apparent mission to kill Roan Fel who probably has large retinue of bodyguards with him and who is unlikely to die at this point of the series - but one can hope.[face_praying] Seems like a suicide mission and Darth Kruhl feels like a minor character who will not reappear in future issues, because he seems fated to die in this.[face_plain] I am not especially wanting him to survive, I would just like to see him given some depth as a character instead of "I am a crazy Sith and I am willing to die to complete my mission!"8-} Perhaps he could be someone that Roan Fel knows?:confused: A captured Imperial Knight etc.[face_thinking]

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Sorry, I didn't go back to check the exact phrasing :p

5. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Perhaps it's a Darth Sion-esque Morhgan Fel, zombified by Sith alchemy? It would certainly explain the "ready to die" part.

6. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Are we sure Morghan's last name is Fel?

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Dude, I would love a game where you can steal a speeder and run over Mandos in a shooting spree.

:p

8. Mandalorian_Crusader

Mandalorian_Crusader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2005
    Well he's only Roan's cousin so that might mean he doesn't share his last name, but for now I think it's safe to presume that he's also a Fel.

9. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    But you realize, of course, that it's the Mandos who are going to be running people over and shooting things up.;)

10. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Not necessarily, if he's from Roan's mother's side. Like how you can call Jacen a Skywalker, but you couldn't call Ben a Solo.

11. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Isn't the pose kinda.... familiar and... overused? We've seen at least Quin in that pose, although kinda more roughed up.

Anyhow, bad title, great number... #13 was the greatest Empire-issue, to boot. [face_peace]

:p [face_beatup]

[face_peace] Like Mercenaries or its upcoming sequel. :cool:

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    GTA: Coruscant must be made. I'm thinking of going Carthago delenda est on that.

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    You mean a fighting stance? Chances are we've seen every Jedi character hold his sword that way at some point.

14. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Yep, that's more or less the "short guard" if I recall my Talhoffer correctly, though Roan's stance is a bit off.

15. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Man, the idea of GTA: Coruscant is brought up like, every two months, and it always has me drooling.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The volte-face of the initial premise of the game was intentional.

17. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Yes, I know.;)

18. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    A Mando running some innocent Coruscanti civillian over? I would've thought your kind would have more honor than that.

19. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Not if he got in the way.

It wasn't so much a GTA style Mando game that I wanted, though, as a GTA style Boba Fett game. Boba Fett'll knock a guy down. I thought Bounty Hunter was going to be like that, but, alas...they ruined the opportunity.
    To be fair, Roan looks a bit off there, too, so...I'll excuse it. It doesn't look like he's had a good day.

Of course, it's possible it's just a minor variation.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Mandalorian honor centers on killing people. We know this already.

The Mandalorian would kill the civilian in order to get a 6 star rating so he could shoot at some AT-ATs and/or steal one. There's his "honor."

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    *looks closely at picture* Is that the Skywalker family lightsaber Fel's using?

22. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Nope. Kol's looked like the family lightsaber, but alas, it is not.

The bigger question, I think, is what did that poor bamboo ever do to Roan?

23. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    No more so than Imperial honour.[face_peace]

No, that's what the Imperial would do, knowing that no responsibility would be laid upon him for his actions in serving the Empire. A Mandalorian must needs be discrete.

24. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Another question: are we going to have to add the Fel forelock to the Divine Wardrobe?

25. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    It's actually sentient bamboo and like lots of other things in the galaxy, it was just in Roan's way. [face_alien_1]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.