main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #13: Ready to Die -Featuring Darth Kruhl!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    [face_shame_on_you] You make baby Antares cry...:_|

:p

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Preview's up

It's a bit confusing how Munto Codru and Bastion look the same, but whatever...

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Kruhl looks like an oaf. I will enjoy seeing the Emperor destroy him.

4. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    "Hey, who's that Sith-tatooed guy in your shuttle's crew?"

"Uh.....pilot. He's definitely my pilot. No doubt about his pilotness."

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Kruhl sounds like just an assassin, basically, and apparently a very well regarded one if he's being entrusted to kill Fel.

He'll fail of course. See my sig.

I wonder why Bastion would fall for a former GA governor returning a captured Star Destroyer to the "true Emperor" so soon after diplomacy failed at the Wheel. I'd imagine the GA would want to hold on to a PSD if they captured it.

6. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    It is great how these Sith are already painted red. That way the don't even need to wear red shirts :p

7. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

8. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    The governor Vikar Dorn is not apparently supposed to be connected to the remaining GA forces. He is just a former GA official, who still has good reputation among the Fel insurgents, whose son has gone to serve the Empire of the Sith and commands one of their Star Destroyers. Interesting thing is that the son pretty likely must have himself been a relatively high ranking GA officer during the Sith-Imperial war - this, after all, is just 7 years after the end of the war and they probably will not give a Star Destroyer to a young and unexprienced captains to command - and that he is commanding an Imperial and not GA ship.[face_thinking]

9. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Hmm...seeing Kruhl as a hardcore Sith assassin makes me wonder to whom "Ready to Die" refers, Kruhl or Fel (or both?)?

10. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    The synopsis - and Maladi's pessimism regarding their ability to make it out alive once they've killed Fel - seems to suggest it refers to Kruhl, and perhaps the whole crew of Maladi's PSD.

11. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Um.

To achieve this end, Krayt has devised a unique mission for a minion of atypical loyalty?Darth Kruhl?who is not only willing to kill, but ready to die.

I kind of wish Roan's 'saber was gold, rather than silver.

Really looking forward to this one, though. It's been too long since we last saw Roan.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'd suggest purple, but that's been done.

If you refer to the beam of the blade--the coloration appears more rhodium than silver. And if you remember Lit chat, you'll recall that the value of rhodium is six hundred times that of silver. :p

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    It may actually be blue on the cover, which is weird, considering...

...aren't silver crystals supposed to be rare? Maybe Sia and Roan had to build new ones after their exile.

14. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Heh.
    I think I need to take a break from the boards now.

15. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Very beautiful looking preview. :D

Chalk full of fun info too!

Some great shots of the Pellaeon-class, specifically the Dauntless. Nice to see a bit more crisp shots of the Sith fighter as well.

We also got our first look at a former GA offical who joined the Sith. Governor Vikar Dorn is one of the SOB's that decided to work with the Sith instead of joining the opposition. [face_shame_on_you]

I really look forward to this issue. Promises to have some genuine fun!

--Adm. Nick

16. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Vikar Dorn could be a part of the opposition... There hopefully is some twist in this story. Personally I hope that Roan Fel ends up being like Duke Leto and offed early, but that is probably only wishful thinking. I just hope that this issue is not as straightforward as it seems and that we get surprised somehow.

Darth Kruhl himself is something of a disappointment, a mix of Darth Bane - he looks like him - and Darth Maul with the paint etc and the skills as assassin and a living weapon for his Sith Master. If the old pretender kills him, a master assassin, and is shown to be a really great fighter and perhaps a powerful Force user too, then there comes the inevitable question, that why did he not gather a few more knights and finish the Sith Lords in the throne room on Coruscant back in 130?

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    If Roan Fel is offed, 50% of my reason to buy the comics will be lost.

That is not a financially sound decision for DH. They do not want to lose the Jello Lobby.

18. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    At some point Marasiah pretty likely will become the central character in the Fel insurgency instead of her father. And they might as well do it now. Remove the old to give room to the young, who cannot be developed fully before that happens - the usual excuses.[face_whistling] But what would the Rebellion have been like if Bail Organa would have survived the destruction of Alderaan and would have become the leader of the Rebellion?[face_thinking] We are seeing it now in Legacy.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It also greatly weakens the loyalist movement.

Which, as you assuredly know, is not an insurgency. :)

20. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Other opponents of the Sith are more likely to trust Marasiah and ally with a movement she leads - as a figurehead or a true ruler - than one which her father leads. Roan Fel with his past as a ruler of the Empire during the Sith-Imperial War and as an ally of the Sith is an obstacle in the creation of a unified front against Sith.

21. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    A lot cooler. Not to mention Smitsier.

Sounds like he was a GA governor who stuck with the Empire when the GA surrendered. Overall, though, it's not that clear on the matter. However, even if he were with the Core Forces, I'd think it would actually be more credible. If Dorn were a supporter of unification, it's easy to believe that he'd grow frustrated with the failure of negotiations and head off himself to join up.

I'm also interested in that orbital view of Bastion. We have four PSDs in fairly close proximity, yet not much of anything else around them. They're all clustered. I'd doubt that he'd cluster all his space forces on one side of the planet, however, which raises the question of just how much of a navy he has. I'd say there should be at least another cluster of similar strength if not two or three, though our view precludes more than about four clusters evenly spaced. So Fel could reasonably have up to 16 PSDs in orbit and possibly even more throughout the system. I'm not sure how much it means, but it caught my interest, at the least.

22. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Munto Codru... wow. Forgotten EU certainly reigns supreme in Legacy, doesn't it? Who knows... perhaps The Crystal Star will lend some more to this series in the future...

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    ...the return of Waru to defeat the Usurper!

Havac: I see no reason to presume that PSDs travel in clusters. The ships may merely have converged on a new arrival to the system. There shouldn't be an overly complicated hypothesis at work here.

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    We've seen 3 PSDs on top of each other in views of Bastion during Broken, so it seems to be common. I'm just saying that depending on how large an area this group of four is policing, we could be dealing with up to 16 or so PSDs in orbit. And even that, to me, seems small for a place that's supposed to be so heavily fortified that the entire rest of the Empire couldn't take it. There must be some significant planetary turbolasers down there. Very significant.

25. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Orbital space is pretty vast. Rings of tightly-spaced capital ships visibly circling large planets, as seen in Dark Empire are, quite simply, visually implausible - if not outright impossible...

We'd expect the orbital perimiter around Bastion to be a sphere with a surface area of at least several hundred million km². Assuming even as many as ten thousand PSDs, and a defensive perimiter of 300 million km², then each group of four ships would be guarding a zone with an area of 120,000 km², and the nearest groups of Pellys to the ones we see would be nearly 350 km away.

Needless to say, I suspect that's seriously overestimating the number of PSDs... so it's no surprise that there aren't any more ships visible on-screen.

Small groups of patrolling ships backed up by heavy surface weaponry make sense.

- The Imperial Ewok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.