main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #14: Claws of the Dragon, part 1 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jango_Fettish, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unknowndarth

unknowndarth Jedi Master

Sep 13, 2006
    What does it say about Darth Wyyrlok the first, second and third.

2. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Wyyrlok II was Wyyrlok III's mother. The first Wyyrlok was his grandfather. The potential Wyyrlok IV is the daughter of III

3. DarthNihl

DarthNihl Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2006
    It would be greatly appreciated if someone could post a detailed summary. Thanks.

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'd love to see more stories of Force attuned and or trained people who aren't bogged down by the dark and or light side.

That's kinda impossible dude. The Force changes a person's perspective of the universe. It can't just be "used." It's not a tool.

5. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yes, but he's Cade and not Saint Fel. Obviously, anything Cade does is fine unlike Fel because we know he's not meant to be perfect

6. JEDI-KILLER_17

JEDI-KILLER_17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I was surprised at how much really got done in this issue. We got the intro to a few characters, and Cade saving Hosk, losing hosk, and getting captured. Plus some backstory and dogfighting! It had all the elements Star Wars is supposed to have.

7. Havoc_Wing

Havoc_Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2006
    So, I'm assuming they're all Chagrians (Wyyrlok's species), then?

--HW

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Couple days- usually by friday or saturday most people getting the single issues will have gotten their copy. And you don't have to blakc out everything, just plot spoilers, really.

I have to echo the earlier comments that I was surprised how much was crammed into this issue, but then that's something John and Jan were exceptionally good at achieving in Republic. Lots of character introductions but all got at least a little room to take part in events, plus a few adventure sequences in the dogfight, underworld confrontation and duel, and a big ol' Dianoga floatin' on by.

Loved the one shot of Talon talking to Cade, upside down and curled around in midair like that, had a strange, kinda fantasy-esque feel to it, like something an Imp or Elf or something would do.

Also dug the shot of Cade Force-shoving the Bothan out of the way and igniting his saber- though his subsequent line seems to imply it may have been Talon who shoved the Bothan, wonder which it is?

9. JEDI-KILLER_17

JEDI-KILLER_17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Noticed that too, might be mistake since you clearly see Cade's hand all Force lit up. But the comment made it confusing.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Spoiler code is best used until Saturday due to:

Weds: US gets comics
    Thurs: UK gets comics
    Sat: Those of us who have pull lists and jobs can only hit the shop at the weekend

Then there are strange places like Australia for which there is no comprehensible scheduling from what I've heard! ;)

JB

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Uhhhmmm, I don't mean to be crass but shouldn't these threads be by nature Spoiler threads?

12. UltimateMandalore

UltimateMandalore Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2006
    Is it true Wyyrok dies?

13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    No

14. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    Kee's a Devaronian. Wonder if she's related to Villie.

Loved the new info on the Wyyrloks.

Jool's freakin funny.

Cade is simply awesome.

Great to see more of Talon, Nihl, and Wyyrlok. Been a while. Maladi bores me.

15. Jedi_Master_Luc

Jedi_Master_Luc Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006

Roan Fel and the Imperial Knights are NOT guided or influenced by the Force as a Jedi or Sith are. They USE it at their WILL as a tool. I don't want to bait or flame at all, just not interested in opinion dressed up as fact. Although that debate would make for a pretty heated thread I'm sure.

So the new Sith Temple...is it the same temple underneath the Klingon exterior? Or did they totally demolish it and build a new one? And why are SOME of the TIE Predators view ports the old school ports and some the vertical lines that look very difficult to see out of?

Master Luc

16. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    What makes you say that?

I'm not arguing dude. I've just seen no evidence of this conclusion.

I believe that's the Temple described in Jedi Legacy. It's just more menacingly painted.

17. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Eee, picked up my copy. The art is great as usual.
    But I'm just saying that for the "Vongspawn" and the undercity plants on Coruscant. Tehe, got to finish that giftart for Jan Duursema XP
    I'm still itching to find out about those Yuuzhan Vong warriors in 11 and 12.
    Jool is Cade's friend? Eh, by "Not Guided by the light or dark side", it could mean someone who is a force user but neither a Jedi nor a Sith, more like one of those other Force-sensitive orders that believes in that sort of stuff.
    I expect Darth Krayt to show some of his sensitive side in the next issue, as he'll probably ask Cade to heal him.

Is it me or Gunner Yage a lookalike of Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica? I hope I get to see that dinner scene at the Naboo Queen.

18. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
  19. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey, Kyle Katarn would have to leave an heirloom or two. But I think he's still alive, miraculously.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ^Yeah, Kyle is obviously among the living. Which Cade won't be for long, if he keeps up the habit of stealing other folks' clothes.

And I'm calling it now: Since we've got a Skywalker and potential Kenobi Legacy going on here, as well as a possible Villie Legacy, I'm saying Grandpa Wyyrlok I is Mas, who started the Amedda Legacy.
    :p

21. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    Then there are even stranger places like Russia which LFL doesn't consider proper markets at all and doesn't sell Star Wars comics there. Amazingly, some people (*cough* *cough*) still argue that it gives me no moral right to download comics. You see, by their reasoning, I'm supposed to order them at Amazon.com and hope they arrive someday.

22. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Hasn't that been called since like when he first showed up? :p

23. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002

It's true. I used to live in Australia and waiting for comics sucked!

24. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Excellent issue, as usual, especially as its the start of the next long plot arc.

Just one issue in and we already see Cade with Sith eyes again, or a sorta cliffhanger. Poor Cade, he doesn't even know yet that Deliah and Syn are Sith prisoners now because of him. Jool was funny, haven't had an interesting Hutt for... how long? And I wonder how many holographic messages Artoo has been collecting after several centuries (he's probably still got that "help me Obi-wan Kenobi" one lying around somewhere). Skull Squadron seem like a normal, dysfunctional starfighter, nice to have to sorta normal characters what with all the Jedi and Sith in these comics, despite Captain Yage's issues with her father, though it doesn't seem to be outright hate. And wow, that's a lot of victims of the sabotaged Vong terraforming project. With how Cade explained the history of it, with how Cade's father championed it, and the victims end up begging the original saboteurs for help, there really doesn't seem to be any point in helping the galaxy. And I liked Cade's simple approach to simply blasting people. Not a very Jedi thing, but Cade's not a very nice Jedi anyway.

Wonder what Chak was referring to when he said he wanted his ship back, unless the Mynock belonged to him originally? Heh, it'd be funny if Cade won the Mynock in a sabacc game, though that would explain how Cade actually got his hands on a ship, given how deep in debt he seemed to be to Rav, especially with his deathstick addiction. Too bad not much of Kee and Chak, but there's still five issues to go.

Did Cade actually best Talon in a fight? Huh, he's better than I thought. Unless Talon was about to send him flying again, or she was planning on Nihl bailing her out, but considering the... rivalry between them, doubt it. And its kind of a nice change to have a concerned Sith, with a whole family personally serving Krayt, considering how some of the Sith already look ready to start killing each other.

I still like Hosk as a character, he was broken, but doesn't seem too messed up yet, unlike Jorin Sol who was basically a walking wreck (which apparently nobody on the Rebel ship noticed, but that's the Rebellion comic). And again with the analysis of Cade as a broken person. Wonder if there is literally something broken with Cade, given how many people have said it, or whether Cade's just has a lot of issues (or both).

This issue did cover a lot of ground, I didn't expect Cade's possible fall till at least part three of this arc (given how its mentioned in Part 4's teaser), then again, who knows what Part 2 will focus on. This might turn out to be even better than the first Broken arc.

And nice to see them publishing another big picture at the end, though I liked the GA one more.

25. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    In truth I found that red Sith eyes thing to be 10x lame. Dur, I don't get this Light/Dark side thing any more...

Bariss Coffee YES, when I think Wyyrlok's species I think Mas Amedda. I updated my fic with the Devlikks and am working on a new chapter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.