main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #16: Claws of the Dragon, part 3 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jango_Fettish, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    STAR WARS: LEGACY #16â?? DRAGON part 3 (of 6)
    JOHN OSTRANDER (W), JAN DUURSEMA (P), DAN PARSONS (I), BRAD ANDERSON (C), and TRAVIS CHAREST (Cover)

On sale Sept. 12
    FC, 40 pages
    $2.99
    Ongoing

Much has been told about the legacy of the Skywalker family, but until now little has been said of the legacy of Obi-Wan Kenobi!

If you think you know the whole story, prepare yourself for a shock. In the wake of the Clone Wars, Obi-Wan fought a lonely battleâ??the outcome of which rocks the future of the Star Wars galaxy!

Another layer of the Legacy mystery is revealed!

My guess: Krayt is the love child of Ventress and Obi-Wan

2. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    I knew this was going to give something away!

3. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    [face_laugh]

[face_laugh]

[face_laugh]

This came right out of left-field. Colour me surprised. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Stunned. :oops: [face_dancing] 8-} :p

And delighted. :D :D :D

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/swLegacy16.jpg]

[face_peace]

*somewhere, in behind the joyous dance of utter fanboy delight, I'm hearing Tales of a Jedi Knight being played against the backdrop of the Tatooine sands...*

4. Jango_Fettish

Aug 17, 2002
    That is a great cover. Before I read the description I thought they had put the wrong pic up for Legacy [face_laugh]

5. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Well, Darth Krayt could be a spawn of Kenobi... although the battle could be taken literally and instead of Krayt being the product of his loins - as interesting and tragic as that would be - Krayt could be creation of Kenobi by another means. Perhaps Kenobi meets Hett on Tatooine, Hett finds truth about Vader and Luke, bitterness and need for revenge makes him to fall to the Dark Side and he tries to kill Luke and Kenobi ends fighting him. Hett loses and runs away to lick his wounds and learn about the Sith?

6. Jango_Fettish

Aug 17, 2002
    After re-reading the description, I think this is the most likely scenario.

7. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I just hope this isn't going to be a "Zomg! Obi-Wan has child!" because that would be lame. Darth Krayt doesn't need to be a Kenobi offpsring. I'm hoping its more plausible (sorry John and Jan don't mean to jump to conclusions just giving my initial thoughts here).

Very interesting nonetheless. And I don't think it'll be Hett either. Be interesting what this issue reveals.

8. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    John and Jan certainly picked a time thin on story. I mean, what exactly does a middle-aged man do in a desert for 18 years? :) The only thing even touching this to my knowledge was the first of the Last of the Jedi juvvie series.

9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Awesome! =P~

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Totally surprised! And I was just thinking the other day that Obi-wan was getting neglected...

11. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Nice cover there. Although, never expected Obi-wan to show up on a cover for this time period. This sorta adds fuel to the speculations that Hett might be Krayt, but its not too surprising that Darth Krayt might have something to do with Tatooine, given that his Sith name comes from an animal on Tatooine.

Looks like Obi-wan's on Tatooine given the two suns in the background. Although now this sets the origin of Krayt's Sith order even further back than previously thought, given that I thought that it had begun some time during the Yuuzhan Vong War, but Obi-wan's involved somehow.

As long as it doesn't turn out something like Krayt being related to Obi-wan, that'd be... well, bad. Especially given how that sorta girlfriend Obi-wan had died earlier during the Clone Wars.

And Obi-wan showed up briefly during that Darth Vader novel at the end, where he was quietly lurking behind baby Luke while his aunt and uncle were taking him through a market. I don't think its absolutely necessary for Obi-wan to really do that much during the Rise of the Empire period, given his outlaw status, as it'd be better for him to keep a low profile.

12. SuperLariat

SuperLariat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    What if it really IS Obi-Wan Kenobi himself, and not some product of his...?

13. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    :eek:

Woah.

I'm...at a complete loss as to what this is going to be about. I hope it's something other than Kenobi's secret kid. I mean...everyone of the OJO seemed to have a secret LOOOOVE, do they also need secret kids?

Eh, who am I kidding. If it is his secret kid/descendent, not only will they sell it to me, I'm sure I'll think it's the coolest thing EVAR.

14. Dark_Guardian

Dark_Guardian Jedi Master star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Exactly my thoughts.

15. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    If you think you know the whole story, prepare yourself for a shock. In the wake of the Clone Wars, Obi-Wan fought a lonely battle?the outcome of which rocks the future of the Star Wars galaxy!

Obi-Wan fought a lonely battle -- With the bottle...

Fixed!

o_O

16. younghansolo

younghansolo Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    I prey to god obi-wan doesnt have a child. i wont judge until i've read it but the idea of messing with obi-wans legacy terrifies me. I trust them not to mess it up but please, please don't let obi-wan leave any kind of negative legacy.

17. dgxxx

dgxxx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    :eek: what??

ok lets see, obi wan, legacy , Hett, Kryat, Cade, R2, clone wars, shockin revelations, man im gonna need a lot of deathsticks to see where this is going[face_hypnotized]

18. JEDI-KILLER_17

JEDI-KILLER_17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    My new Favorite cover.

19. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    OK. THINK, people. Do we know of any battles that Obi-Wan fought on Tatooine in the wake of the Clone Wars, other than the non-canon one against Darth Maul?

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Obi-Wan drank too much, as usual, and had a secret lovechild with Beru.

21. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm going to try and be optimistic about this.

22. JEDI-KILLER_17

May 21, 2005
    I think, like some others have pointed out, that it's talking about some kind of confrontation with Hett.

23. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Is it the son of A'Sharad Hett? Because if A'Sharad Hett is the son of Sharad Hett, then the grandson would be B'Sharad, right?

24. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    why was the other thread on this closed?

OT- even if i didn't like Legacy i'd buy this issue just for teh sweet cover

25. JEDI-KILLER_17

May 21, 2005
    Because it's redundant to have two threads on the same topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.