main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #16: Claws of the Dragon, part 3 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jango_Fettish, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    No, Obi-1 is a great & pure example of what it means to be a Jedi. He beats people down, leaves them with a lesson concerning the stupidity of their actions & then allows them to go on their way so that they can think their life through. Unless omeone like Darth Maul gives him no choice. IMO he is the the only worthwhile Jedi in any & all Jedi Orders, he is the epitome of the classic hero archetype.

Plus, him letting his victims live makes for some sweet future bad guys for the GFFA to have to deal with later on & I can't say that I don't love the guy for doing that. ;)

2. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    I'd like you to meet a man named Luke Skywalker.

3. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Aa' Sharad Hett?

I love the fact that adding vowels to anyone's name makes them a clone.

Too bad that naming convention didn't hold for the Republic Army, 3 million's extra a's in Jango would have pushed the Clone War page counts through the roof.

-The Rebel Gungan

4. Darth_Sacris

Darth_Sacris Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2007
    First I thought it was a cybernetic like Luke's one, but then I thought the hands look to ... hm ... old and dirty?^^
    sith happens^^

What kind of information do we get about Darth Stryfe? Is he only mentioned or do we get a picture?

5. Tricky

Jul 26, 2001
    You act like the words "I have forseen this" had ever left Obi-1's lips. Or that he's hitting 'em all 1-for-1 on force visions of the future. It's a stupid arguement that you're pulling out of stinky cracks, Moulin Rouge77. Now if Palpatine, Anakin, Luke or Mace Windu were the good guy Jedi that were caught up in this situation with Hett then you'd have a point but they weren't so give it a rest man. I've tried to use the same arguement in the past to explain why idiot Jedi couldn't figure out that Palpatine was the Sith Master or why even more idiot Jedi wouldn't BDZ Jacen. Whether it's a plot device to drag the secret on for 9 books, a clouding of the force or non-mastery of certain force powers there's always a reason things are done that way whether we like it or not.

Kenobi doesn't see much of the future, not as far as I know. Might have something to do with Qui-Gon's 'living force' teachings, to be aware of the here & now.

6. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    So according to you no negative things - neither about some aspect of the work as a fiction or in-universe issues with characters - should ever be said about any EU novel or comic because there is always some reason - good or bad - why things are done the way they are?:confused: Only praise or silence are acceptable?:confused:

7. Tricky

Jul 26, 2001
    You do know that cyber arms are not the only option for limb replacement in the SWU, right? During the Clone Wars injured troopers had vat grown replacement parts on hand to put them back together in the RIMSOO's, then there are black market people like Dr. Evazan that have no problems sawing off kidnap victims body parts to put into injured paying clients, Guri the Human Replica Droid was practically a Terminator with her synthetic organic/android body that coundn't be detected by Leia's & Lando's scanners, plus it is the future cyber limbs & organs are a choice just as much as natural limbs & organs, the fims & comic people just seem to think it's cooler to replace all the lopped off arms with fake than real ones.

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Now I see why the Hett figure came with swivel arms. :p

Couldn't resist:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9858/dsc00535tt5.jpg
    http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1483/dsc00534fs7.jpg

9. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Maybe the Vong have a role in replacing that arm later and that is what threatens to take Darth Krayt over?

I really, really love the Legacy comics but I would have preferred a villain who did neither lose to Obi-Wan nor lose a limb. Wait ... Cade becomes a Sith so there is still hope.

10. Tricky

Jul 26, 2001
    Nah, that's not the answer for people like us, never. We see the good & the bad that comes out of this SW thing, we praise the good & call out the bad. Me, I like Krayt so I give Obi-1 some slack, I hate Jacen & the stupidity of Luke's Jedi Order & I say so.

I'm not going off on you Rouge77, just your arguement. Kenobi doesn't go on about seeing the future, he possibly doesn't want to kill Hett in front of his Tusken tribe & give them a reason to rampage on baby Luke & his family, everyone in Mos Eisley & the rest of the planet. When Obi-1 beat Hett & Hett admitted his defeat, his tribesmen turned their backs on their leader & left him. As far as Kenobi knew he defused their cause to get the settlers off of their lands & appearantly got Hett off his revenge kick that woulda lead him to the darkside. Without knowing what the future could bring, it probably seemed to Obi-1 that he did everything right & like a real Jedi.

11. Caedus_Zealot

Caedus_Zealot Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 12, 2007
    I was thinking the same thing about the arm. That would seem to be a real possibility if in fact the vong can do that to a human which I presume that they can.

12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Bring on Darth Chicken and the Mutant Arm. :p

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

You've got tooooooo much time on your hands, buddy. :p

As for Obi-Wan... he sounds like Dumbledore. Nice guy, but kinda screwed everyone in the end. Rouge does have a point... the man did make 2 Sith Lords, albiet indirectly.

14. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Tricky, watch it. No more name-twisting, even in jest. I don't want this becoming a massive argument thread.

15. Caedus_Zealot

Caedus_Zealot Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 12, 2007

16. Tricky

Jul 26, 2001
    More spoilers? Okay...

Queen Jool's fake jewel eye thingy has a scanner computer thing with files in it, she looked thru them, reconnized Morrigan & warned Blue, Syn, Chak & Kee from killing off the Imperial assassin.

Morrigan Corde tells everyone that she's Cade's mother, shows them a holo of her Kol & Cade & then tells them that she got the 5 of them together so they could team up to free Cade. Without her cyber-sunglasses she looks just about the right age to be Cade's mother, way more than when Wilson drew her.

Cade had no idea who A'Sharred Hett was.

Darth Krayt has mastered Sith techniques for prolonging life as well as having spent time in stasis.

Pre-legacy era Hett looks exactly like his new figure in the comic 2 pack with the Dark Woman. It's like Jan sent Hasbro the designs for Hett, down to his lightsaber jingle things, his 2-handed Gaffi Stick that he can no longer wield & pony tail hanging loose.

There's 2 wierd parts of the Hett/Kenobi fight. Hett throwns 1 of his lightsabers at Kenobi, it misses him but spins in the air, then in the next panel Hett has both sabers again, there's no color/speed lines to show Hett using the force to bring it back. The 2nd wierd mess up is Kenobi cutting off Hett's arm. I suppose the idea here is that it happened too quickly for Jan to draw it, the panel shows Kenobi holding his saber 1-handed over his head & using a force push with the other hand to shove Hett & his severed arm back, but....there is a blue lightsaber color swish going between Hett's severed arm & Obi-1's blade held over his head.

Pre-Legacy Hett has 5 dotted line tattoos going down his chin, LEGACY Hett has the thicker lines going from his lips to chin that we all know about & some of us used as justification for saying that Krayt wasn't Hett cause of different tattoo patterns.

Even in handcuffs, Cade can beat the blood & snot out of Darth Talon. :_| He used a variation of his healing power to make blood run from her eyes, nose & mouth, then Krayt tells him to heal her & he does.

The Noob & Sgt. Harkasare back & are on Ossus looking for Jedi because Lord Stryfe can sense a whisper in the force. Stryfe looks like most other Sith in Krayt's Order, red with black tattoos, his lightsaber, it seems to be shiny metal & is sorta y-shaped with circular bits on the top & bottom, look like no lightsaber I've seen before. I'm not sure if he's Krayt's Fist in charge of his military or like Darth Kruhl just a Sith out on a mission in an Imperil SD type ship.

Cade Skywalker asked Krayt to "Teach me the ways of the Sith...Master."

17. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    You know, Rouge77 is on the right track, but I don't think he really understands the full magnitude of Obi-Wan's crimes. I mean, there are a lot of people on Tatooine, and some of them probably went on to do evil. In fact, out of the few million or however there many, there are probably quite a few who did bad things. And did Obi-Wan stop them? No. Had he just slaughtered everyone on the planet, none of them would have done anything bad. And because he didn't, he's responsible for every evil perpetrated by someone from Tatooine. Some "hero" he is.

18. Galactica500

Galactica500 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 25, 2006
    Hett's kinda of whiny for a Sith Lord of the Galaxy.:p

19. Tricky

Jul 26, 2001
    Sorry. It's the 1st time that I noticed he was Rouge, not Rogue. Rouge77's good people & I didn't mean any harm by it, my bad. At least he didn't bite. ;)

20. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    If I take this seriously, I could claim that perhaps he could have done more than he did on Tatooine against the criminal elements there and that would not have gone against any Jedi teachings, just his understanding that keeping Luke was more important than anything else in the galaxy. But when he did not interfere with the horrible things done by Jabba and others, then why did he then interfere with the Tuskens going against the settlers? Considering his mission was safeguarding Luke, he could have just made sure that Luke lives. Perhaps it shows in the comic that he had to confront Hett to save Luke and had no other choice; otherwise his activity goes against his own reasoning elsewhere. Of course, he already went somewhat against that in the little short story that was included in the joint edition of Secrets of the Jedi&Legacy of the Jedi by Jude Watson, where he attacks a Tusken camp so that Owen Lars would not go after them and die.

Otherwise, Hett was a Jedi. Like Obi-wan himself says, that makes him family. His responsibility. And there is one things that goes strongly against letting Hett live and go free: He knows about Obi-wan. Perhaps this is explained away in the comic, but at this point it seems that it was a huge risk to let Hett go free, because if he would have been captured by the Empire and would have told them that Obi-wan Kenobi is living on Tatooine, then Darth Vader would have very likely come to Tatooine to kill Kenobi. And that could have lead Vader to Luke too.

21. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, it totally looks like Obi-Wan force-pushes Hett's arm off. Which might be the most badass thing I've ever seen (I'm joking of course, but still). And because of this, no matter what Jan or John or anyone might say, I'm going to believe from now until the end of time that Obi-Wan Kenobi tore somebody's arm off with the Force. Let's see the Secret Apprentice do -that-! ;)

But seriously...I think it had to be sliced off somewhere in there...otherwise I'd imagine it'd be a whole lot more bloody....

22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I really really really like the Obi-wan picture in the lower right corner on the first page that we see him.

With the hood on his head.

=P~

23. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    BTW, who else loves that Cade utterly dominates Talon?

;-)

24. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Ah, so you haven't read the issue. Obi-Wan faces Hett when the latter attacks the Lars moisture farm.

But your logic makes no sense anyway. Obi-Wan has to fight every injustice or no injustice? If he chooses to fight the Tuskens, he's a jerk because he doesn't stop every other evil at the same time? And by that standard, is it better if he does nothing than only one thing?

So in your view, a hero is someone who kills people for knowing too much. Yes, that sounds like a real Jedi thing to do.

25. Tricky

Jul 26, 2001
    Saddest thing I ever saw. :( She looked so helpless, then she squeaked out a "no!".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.