main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #16: Claws of the Dragon, part 3 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jango_Fettish, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    In keeping with the "how and why being more interesting than the who" aspect of the Krayt revelation. Maybe it is some entirely new character that sought out Kenobi to become a Jedi but ended up going dark and Obi-wan put the smack down on yet another Sith wannabe, except that this one survived. If Vader had a secret apprentice, why not Obi-wan? Maybe the future Krayt found out about Luke and was going to kill him and Obi-Wan hurt him very badly to the point that he couldn't really do much until he found some Yuuzhan Vong tech. Just grasping at straws, I know...

2. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    what if Kryat is Ventress? the vong whatever thingy just hides her femine figure. also cuz its a comic we don't hear the characters, so we don't know how high or low Krayt's voice is.

btw i'm mostly joking.

however, does anyone else remember a quote (i forget the source) about Ventress and Durge, saying one of the would die and the other would live to be a threat later? [face_thinking]
    or else shes going to show up in the LOTF?

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I don't know why people are so afraid of this ruining Kenobi's reputation. Ostrander seems to like Obi-Wan, and has handled him well in the past. Basically, all the summary tells us is, "After the Clone Wars, Obi-Wan faced hardship," which we knew already. Whatever this hardship is, however, has implications for the future.

My guess is, if Krayt is Hett in the end, then this issue will explain how Hett and Obi-Wan could be on the same planet and not know about each other - that is, they DID know about each other - and would explain why, if Hett survives past the dark times, why he didn't surface in the OT era or any other EU thus far.

4. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    In many ways, the greatest, the full flowering of that branch of the Order.

Anything less than totally mythic right now is a huge step down for Obi-Wan. I will be actually angry if he is diminished like that.

5. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005

6. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I find this really amusing, because it suggests that Krayt being 160 years old is reasonable, but being, say, 190 or so is just ridiculous. :p

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Huh?

Krayt's age has nothing to do with it. I simply don't want him to be A'Sharad. If I've got to choose between A'Sharad or B'Sharad - which seems likely at this stage - I'll go for the latter.

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    ^ He's saying there's nothing to suggest Krayt would necessarily be a baby.

9. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    :confused:

I was suggesting, based off of the phrase "baby Krayt" that it would be amusing for two grown Jedi Masters to have to confront a literal baby on Tatooine during the Dark Times. I'm not exactly sure how you inferred I was talking about Legacy Krayt vs Hett and Kenobi...

10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    @ Matt.

But no-one's suggested that....

Ulicus:
    Besides, surely a Hett descendant would know his own father? Maybe he and Obi-Wan gang up on Baby Krayt, both refusing to share his vision. Who knows?

ThrawnRocks:
    Krayt would have to have been one hell of a baby if both Obi-Wan and Hett had to team up against him at that age

CooperTFN:
    I find this really amusing, because it suggests that Krayt being 160 years old is reasonable, but being, say, 190 or so is just ridiculous

I'm just confused. I don't see how what I said - or what TR said in response - suggests anything of the sort.

*Scratches head* [face_thinking] I'm clearly missing something, so I guess I'm going to have to write this off as one of my "being stupid" days. :oops:

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Because I guess he didn't realize you were joking?

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That's all I was saying. I understood you were making a joke, Rocks (so was I); I was just making fun of the Baby Krayt notion in general. Maybe I should've quoted Ulicus' original statement instead.

*sigh* At least you understand me, Matt. ;)

13. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
  14. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Well, come on, 160 is the new 40, but 190? That's just silly. 190 is like the new 70 by that logic.

15. Tanith_Shire

Tanith_Shire Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2004
    Didn't the Legacywriters mention something about exploring the different meanings of the word 'legacy'? It doesn't just have to be a strict blood-inheritance. It usually means a bequest or influence. Maybe Obi-Wan gave something to K'Kruhk that will come into play. Or something he owned fell into Vader and Palpatine's possession. Or maybe he did something on Tatooine that had a kind of domino effect. There is also the possibility that Kenobi had another student of some variety. There were after all a handful of folks from the old Order who survived the initial purge and/or took students. Maybe Kenobi's infuence will be explored here.

Or the writers are going to talk about how a young Krayt first discovered he was Force-strong meeting Kenobi on Tatooine. Or that Krayt feels a certain connection with Kenobi. Krayt hung out for decades on Korriban carefully building up his Sith and waiting for the right moment to emerge in a kind of dark parallel to Kenobi's time on Tatooine.

Or maybe we'll be seeing the "Kenobi's Legacy" lightsaber crystal.

16. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Hmmm...I guess Krayt could be this guy.

People don't like him enough already, right?

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Legacy is just the mark you leave in the universe, after you've left it. Legacy can be your descendants, it could be the consequences of your actions still affecting the world long after your gone, it could be what you pass on and teach to to others, it can be negative or positive. For a real-lfe example, we're not sure yet, but it looks like the War on Terror and the War in Iraq will be President Bush's legacy.

Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker were already a part of Obi-wan's legacy before, and it looks like Darth Krayt will also be ANOTHER part of Obi-wan's legacy.

18. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    It doesn't have to be directly related to Krayt, either.

19. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    And maybe Kenobi lost the lonely battle. Could be a reason why Anakin Vader thought him to be dead.

Also, Krayt claims to have been born during the Vong war.

20. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Could be CPOV. Krayt could have been "born" during the Vong War in the same way that Anakin "died" at the end of the Clone Wars.

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    No, that was speculation. He just said he waited out the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

22. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

One of my few quasi-serious guesses about Krayt's identity.

Perhaps one of the missions in the game will be to hunt down and kill Obi-Wan Kenobi, but somehow the SA will fail (perhaps get to Tatooine just days after the Falcon blasts off) and ends up fighting a Krayt Dragon and then, wounded and weary from his battle, he winds up adopted by a Tusken clan, where he meets A'sharad and B'sharad, who teach him that the Sith Way is wrong, but he misinterprets their teachings to be that the Sith need a reform. After being scribed with similar tatoos to Hett's, he blasts off towards Korriban to begin recruiting for his reformed Sith Order (but not before Power Coupling-ing the Datapad with his 95 Theses to the doors of the Imperial Palace :p)

23. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    That would be kind of cool, but I think it would also limit the surprises and whatnot in the game, the same way as if it was some other main character from the novels.

24. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    There's actually a fair bit of evidence that Krayt -could- be the "Secret Apprentice" yes. Maybe not as much that would seem to support A'Sharad, but close enough.

If "The Force Unleashed" had come out on time (November 2007), would it not be roughly coinciding with the timing of Krayt's reveal?

Not to mention that I believe one of the creators of "Legacy" made a comment somewhere that Krayt "could be someone we've seen before, or might be someone we're about to meet" or something to that effect, leaving the possibility open that his identity will start out as complete blank slate and then we get backstory with "The Force Unleashed."

I think outside of A'Sharad, the "Secret Apprentice" may be the strongest contender for Darth Krayt's identity.

25. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Of course, the Secret Apprentice, Krayt and Hett could all be the same person...[face_thinking]:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.