main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #16: Claws of the Dragon, part 3 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jango_Fettish, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    Technically true...and there's a delicious irony in Vader taking someone that was raised by Tusken Raiders as his apprentice, but I don't think any of the pictures we've seen of the "Secret Apprentice" have the prerequisite facial markings?

Though they could of course be hiding that little detail pretty easily.

Maybe Obi-Wan's "lonely battle" was trying to convince A'Sharad not to go after Vader, and when he fails, A'Sharad ends up going to confront him, and ends up falling to the Dark Side instead. It's actually...mildly feasible.

2. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    "A'sharad, join me, and together we can end this destructive conflict. We can destroy him. He has forseen it."

Edit: So what is the actual title of this Arc (as of right now)? Is it "Dragon", "Claws of the Dragon", or "Krayt"? I've seen all of them listed for different issues in the arc.

3. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    The title was originally "Krayt" and it was changed to "Claws of the Dragon".

4. II_VadeR_II

II_VadeR_II Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2007
    Hi Guys!!! First post here, sorry If this sounds repetative. They only issue I have with all these theories is that I read somewhere he was "born into a galaxy ravaged by the vong?" So litteraly meaning he was given birth which is why i think that ppl think its Ben. OR maybe it means he became a Sith at that time, but even that doesnt make sense since he in the Legacy series Lumiya hints at other sith. Then there is the Krayt name which links to Tatooine, So ppl thinks its hett casue of name, tatoos and such. Its quite possible, like it was said above. Hett returns to rebuild and fight his own fight. He clearly morns all the dead jedi and then somehow finds out about luke, which if you think about it isnt very hard. But im still trying to think of what would make him turn? Empire killing all the tuskens? Hett is not a stupid person, he reasoned with Anakin when it came to his hate fot the tuskens. He already had his battle with the darkside and I can only imagine what would make him turn. Thats why Vos wouldnt work, he was redeemed already and wont turn again. All so confusing... Also I thought it said Krayts roots were from darkhorse, but to the point of the apprentice, they are making comics too

5. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    Take this for what it is worth, but a friend of mine was talking with Jan at C4 (we have known her for years and have had many conversations and lunches with her at past Comic Cons) and they were taking about Legacy and Krayt's identity.

All she said was that Krayt would eventually become more important than Luke. So, take it for what it is worth. *shrugs*

6. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    That is just the kind of thing that I do not want to hear...[face_worried] "Star Wars: From the Adventures of A'Sharad Hett.":( I hope that your friend misunderstood...[face_praying]

EDIT: Perhaps she meant Cade?:confused: Even in that the case, in in-universe that would be a prospect I would not be eager to embrace[face_plain] , but out-of-universe...[face_thinking] Seems hardly possible, but who knows?:confused:

7. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Hiya! I recall that conversation. What I meant was that Krayt could become more important to Cade than Luke is. Their paths are destined to cross. You know it to be so... [face_devil]

8. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    LOL, I knew that just didn't sound right when he told me. But thanks for the clarification. See you at Comic Con next month? Lunch at the Tin Fish with Josh?

9. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Wha--?!?

The legacy of Obi-Wan Kenobi--?!? I didn't expect that! This could be good...

10. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001

11. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001

12. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    ^ Legacy is open-ended, right now.

13. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Then what the heck are you doing posting? Get to work!

:p

14. Alpha-02

Alpha-02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Don't we all ;)

15. KatarnsBeard

KatarnsBeard Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2007
    Curious how much the Sith Holocron rejection segment with Krayt plays into it....

16. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
  17. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I love this series.

18. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    "The Legacy of Obi-Wan Kenobi"... Well, the preview surely contains a lot of drinking in shady bars... [face_thinking]

19. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Awesome preview.

The obvious guesses were right.

Cade's got his mom and his friends ready to save him...obvious but damn cool. But one wonders what Veed has in mind with Cade with getting him out of the Sith's reach.

Intriguing.

20. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Lookin' good. :cool:

Jan, want to tell us what Veed's tattoo's mean? That's an Aurebesh W over H on his arm... [face_thinking]

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Awesome preview! Morrigan is way cool.

I wonder what Veed is plotting?

22. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    That post made me giggle. :p

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "Weirdly Horny"

Veed is just as terrible as Calixte. Immoral traitors.

24. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Veed's a ****.

Can't use that word... even though we all know he is.

25. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    DAMMMmmmmmmmnnnnnn! Lookit how much sexier Morrigan Corde is when she's drawn by Jan! I hope that Morrigan doesn't get Deliah & Jariah killed trying to free Cade. I so can't wait for this issue to drop!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.