main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #26: The Hidden Temple, part 2 (of 2)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/15/15529.jpg]

Star Wars: Legacy #26

Writer: John Ostrander
    Cover Artist: Omar Francia
    Penciller: Jan Duursema
    Inker: Dan Parsons
    Genre: Action/Adventure, Science-Fiction, Star Wars

The Galaxy is in shreds from Darth Krayt's lesson in obedience. Cade Skywalker has resolved that this Sith Emperor must be stopped, not only to free himself and his friends from being hunted-but to save the Galaxy from further punishment. And he can't do it alone!

Cade travels to a "secret" Jedi Temple to acquire help from additional Jedi, but his arrival may bring other dangers that do not originate with Darth Krayt . . .

This is the future of Star Wars, the continuation of the story that started in the original trilogy, and none of it has been seen before.

Publication Date: Jul 23, 2008
    Format: Full color, 40 pages
    Price: $2.99

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Holy God! That is a cover! :D

The New Jedi Order survives!

However, it sounds like Krayt's revenge in #22 is far mroe widespread than initially believed.

--Adm. Nick

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Yay, more Jedi!

And apparently a non-Sith villain. Or at least a non-One Sith villain.

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Or maybe he just targeted the homeworld of a very powerful and influential species?

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    More Jedi!

6. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    is it just me or does that togruta look alot like an ancient shaak ti?

7. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    If by "an ancient Shaak Ti" you mean "an old Togruta" then sure.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Looks like Krayt's action Legacy 22 is going to fall into the classic villain category of:

Villain: "I'll scare the hell out of them by making them fear me!"

Cue terrible act!

Galaxy: &^%$£"! That is IT! We've had enough...

<Galaxy rolls up sleeves, after a huge brawl, villain is decked, dead or blown up on his personal battle-station>

9. Krados

Krados Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    My Krayt....dead?! It was bad enough blasphemy was in the other thread but not here too! Great cover and can't wait to see all this hidden temple stuff as well. I like the idea of finally seeing some Jedi outside of Issue #2.

10. KnightDawg

KnightDawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2007
    I'm glad to see more members of the NJO survived.

BTW...the Jedi in the back looks alot like the co-pilot from the movie "The Last Starfighter".

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    More Jedi and a take-charge Cade. SHWEET!! :D

12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Bothan, Togruta, Zabrak, and...Nikto? Like, Klaatu?

13. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Looks like a Kadas'sa'Nikto, to be exact. Like this guy.

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Right, like Klaatu.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, so when will Barada and Nikto turn up then?

16. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Its nice to see new jedi being added to the series :)
    I like that they finally introducing a togruta male jedi. And that zabrak girl looks pretty sweet too!

17. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Hmmm... I'm dubious whether its premature to be rejoicing over the survival of the New Jedi Order. From what we know the Hidden Temple was set up during the Dark Times meaning it existed throughout the birth, growth and demise of Luke Skwalker's Jedi Order.

I kind of wonder whether this new "threat" that is not of the Sith is the Jedi in the image. If they have spent the last hundred and fifty years hidden then they may not be too pleased to have Cade Skywalker turning up on their doorstep.

I won't be surprised if the Hidden Temple are much more like the Old Jedi Order and have lived in exile ever since the Clone Wars, dismissive of anything carrying the name Skywalker. It would explain their lack of interest in Luke's Jedi Order and in turn their initial animosity toward Cade as well as the reason why they failed to step in during the Sith-Imperial War to prevent the Jedi Order's fall. The epitome of the anti-government Jedi.

Plus, I can see them wanting to use the Hidden Temple as a suitable retcon for all the new swathe of Jedi characters like the Secret Apprentice likely to crop up in the years ahead as they flesh out the Dark Times period. In that respect, I can easily see them making the Jedi there a complete bunch of recluses.

18. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    That's an interesting interpretation, Zorrixor, but I'm not sure I share it. I don't think the "Hidden Temple" is something separate from Luke's Order, existing in exile since the Dark Times, but rather a safe-house for Jedi to go to ground that's existed, unknown to anyone but Jedi, since at least the Purge. It was used after Order 66, may have been used during the Vong war, and is being used now by Jedi hiding from Krayt's Sith.

I mean, just look at it on the cover of issue #25: it's largely constructed from Clone Wars era ships, but at least half of them are Rebellion era, and at least one is an NR ship.

19. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yay, more Jedi, at last! Now if only Wolf Sazen could show up again. But if they say the galaxy is in shreds, sounds like Krayt's wrath is worse than him just razing some planet. Wonder if he releases some new plague or something, to explain a galaxy-wide disaster.

But yay, pro-active Cade! Not sure if he's ready to embrace being a Jedi yet, but at least he's actively trying to stop Krayt now. Wonder what the danger will be. Though not sure if these Secret Temple Jedi would be recluses. Its been mentioned that K'kruhk went looking for this Temple over a century ago, and since K'kruhk's resurfaced since then, this temple can't be that reclusive, especially with half the NJO on the run for the last seven years. Sounds like this Secret Temple will be a new arc until Vector or so.

20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Actually, I think that one in the back isn't a Zabrak. Look at the ears. More likely it's an Elomin.

21. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Good call.

22. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    That probably the case.

23. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    New Jedi! [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

This is exciting. Especially because this is a multi-issue arc, and one that will likely lead into Vector. We've always been told that the Vector arc in Legacy is 29 - 32 --- however, I've always been a bit cautious, since those are the October - January issues, and in the last issue of Rebellion, Freddye Lins actually identified them as 28 - 31. As such, it is my prediction that this is a three-issue arc, 25 - 27, that will lead directly into Vector, which will begin with Issue #28. Phew...

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes... more Jedi! [face_dancing][face_dancing] And they're not human, either! I'm going to agree with BobaMatt on this one, and say that the Hidden Temple is likely something that's been used several times throughout history. K'Kruhk used it during Darth Vader's Purge, and then likely used it again during Darth Krayt's Purge. Which brings up several questions --- was K'Kruhk there, and if so, why did he leave? If Cade knows about it, does that mean that K'Kruhk revealed its existence to Kol Sywalker's Jedi Order? If Cade is bringing a threat to him, will the Temple no longer remain hidden?

K'Kruhk left because he wanted to help train Cade... but does that mean that he'll make his return in this issue? There was no closure to that explosion in Claws of the Dragon, blast it!

24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I really hope that some of those younglings seen on Cade and Shado's shuttle. Like the young Mon Calamarian, Nautolan, female Togruta, and the Zabrak. Plus there were a few young human children, IIRC.

--Adm. Nick

25. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    [face_thinking] What's up with the low-res covers? Well, the hi-res will surely be around in a day or two.

Anyway, they really have problems keeping a consistent style for Bothans, lol. This one looks like a light-furred Shistavanen, sorta. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.