main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #32: Fight Another Day, part 1 (of 2)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWlegacy32.jpg]

Star Wars: Legacy #32 "Fight Another Day" Part 1 (of 2)
    Written by John Ostrander;
    Art and cover by Omar Francia; Colors by Brad Anderson.
    On sale January 28. 40 pages.

Darth Krayt's program to exterminate the Mon Calamari is still in progress, with only the Mon Cal Rangers standing between the refugee populace and certain doom. Now a Sith scientist has a new weapon against which the Rangers are powerless.

Faced with a choice between allowing refugees to perish and sacrificing themselves in a fruitless delaying action, the Rangers turn to an unexpected -- and reluctant -- source for help.

2. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    OK, I'll be the one to say it.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWlegacy32.jpg]
    Go go Mon Cal Rangers!

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Leave it to the Empire to even have cool underwater armor even for their Force users.

4. DaggerSword

DaggerSword Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2008
    Is that an underwater walker in the back? Sweet, was wondering when someone would take time to design a new model.

5. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    The Mon Cal are probably one of my fav. SW aliens.
    Glad to see them (hopefully) overcome devastation.

6. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    I fear that this whole Mon Calamari subplot is going to get a bit tired.

It's great to have issues that aren't about Cade but it's a bit dull to have them all about fish.

Be cool to see a wrecked World Devastor all incrusted in coral or something.

7. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    I'm thinking that's Cade on the cover as the "relunctant" hero.

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm pretty sure it's Sinde, and if it is, I'd imagine that it's someone else that's the "reluctant" one, seeing as how Sinde pretty much stayed behind specifically to aid the Mon Cals.

9. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Now that's just all kinds of badass.

To each his own, I suppose, but Indomitable/Wrath of the Dragon has been my absolute favorite arc of Legacy so far, and I love that they're establishing these major, galaxy-affecting elements of the setting that aren't about the main characters.

10. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Wouldn't an underwater swimmer be more useful? :p

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  12. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Is that Treis Sinde? If so, that's all kinds of win! His lightsaber looks a little green, though, but that may just be 'cause of the water...

This looks exciting. It's awesome to see that the Mon Cal resistance movement hasn't been forgotten, and I love how the blurb is intentionally vague about Krayt. "Still in effect" even though he's dead? Or "still in effect", due to his survival? The plot thickens! And maybe a two-issue arc about Treis Sinde can tie into the following arc, where Sinde returns to Bastion only to discover that Cade is now training with the Imperial Knights... :p

Also... Omar Francia doing the interior art! Yes!

Maybe the unexpected and reluctant source is the ever-elusive Attateg Gosem.

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Some Imperial Discipline might be just what the doctor ordered for Cade.

14. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    That is so awesome! Back to Mon Cal, and underwater lightsabers! So cool! The IK's even have badass red underwater armor :D

This cover reminds me a lot of Gundam, as well as all those multinational team cartoons from the 80's. Thought I am a fan of neither, that vibe in context and in Star Wars here is quite awesome! :D

I hope we get to see the MC Knights. Maybe the MC Rangers are a newer incarnation of the Knights.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    John & Jan really are a pair of cunning devils aren't they? They've established a real smart pattern here, it goes:

Release solicit info for final part of arc
    For next 2 issues, switch to a different plot

It's so damn simple yet effective at stopping the solicit info giving away the plot in question.

As to the issue, sounds great as ever.

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    cool..

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    AMEN!!! [face_dancing]

Next to another arc featuring Admiral Stazi and the Galactic Alliance Remnant, this is the thing I have wanted to see the most. Ever since that scence at the end of Legacy #22 that showed Master Sinde and the members of the Mon Cal resistance linking up, I have hoped to see this story told.

I am intrigued by these Mon Cal Rangers. I am guessing that is the name the resistance refers to itself by, or that they are the latest generation of Mon Cal Knights.

I REALLY hope that we find out that the GA Remnant is linked with the Mon Cal Rangers. It was obvious that Stazi wanted to help the Mon Cals, plus we cannot forget that the Mon Calamari have been key players in the forces of freedom for thousands of years.

God I cannot wait for this issue. Mon Calamarian goodness ahead! :D

--Adm. Nick

18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Wow. This is really impressive. This is certainly one of the best covers so far.

19. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Someone's seen Iron Man recently, it would appear...

20. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    You know at first I thought that that might be Cade in that armor, but I'm starting to think it's Roan Fel himself.

21. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Are we sure that's IK armor? It is the right color and I guess he and Sinde could've stashed some supplies while they were sabotaging the Imperious/Alliance. Okay, never mind.

But I agree, probably Sinde, which is great because I really liked the guy.

22. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Also, does anyone find it a bit odd that these aquatic troopers appear to have more and better armour than the regular Stormies?

23. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    They would need it for the greater pressure, wouldn't they?

And didn't the Clone Troopers also have more armor? Or did they just have wet suits or something?

24. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    Actually, expect to see a number of underwater weapons in this storyline. Omar has been designing and i think he has done a bang up job. I'm throwing a lot at him and he's making it work sweet.

We already have the Jedi Knights and the Imperial Knights so I asked if the Mon Cal could be Rangers but they ARE in that tradition of the Mon Cal Knights. Just don't expect the same look AT ALL.

-- John

25. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Do they at least ride those eel things?!

Also, I never noticed your sig. Nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.