main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Legacy #32: Fight Another Day, part 1 (of 2)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Treis Sinde is the man!

And let me ask, where are the Jedi while the Mon Cal's are being exterminated? o_O

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature star 6 Staff Member Manager

May 28, 2003
    Well, at least Nat Skywalker was aware of their plight and seemed to want to help them.

Not only that, but we know that they are reluctant to commit to many Jedi to a action that would risk their few Jedi Knights. However, while a large Jedi strike force is unlikely, I do hope that the Council sends a few Jedi to aid the Calamarians.

I for one have been dying to see that Mon Cal padawan from Legacy #1. He or she escaped Ossus with Wolf and Shado, so the odds that this padawan survived to become a Jedi Knight are very good.

I also hope that Stazi sends some GA special forces to help organize the Mon Cal resistance. IIRC, at the end of #22, we see several Mon Cals in GA uniform, so it is possible that the GA is lending a hand as well, even if in a limited capacity.

--Adm. Nick

3. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    On Diamond's list to tentatively ship on January 28th.[face_peace]

4. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Confirmed for shipping Wednesday the 28th[face_peace]

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Busy getting exterminated? o_O

Incidentally, Treis Sinde is 'Sinre Dies' with an ... extra T *looks at Nick and Nict* [face_worried] :p

6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Hey Admiral Nict was intentional. :D

Alas, he dies, but at least he heeded Stazi's call before the Pride of Corellia exploded. :p

--Adm. Nick

7. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Sinre T-Side.

New ship class?

8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    T'was retorical :p I know the Jedi cowards are busy hiding letting the Imperials and Stazi save the galaxy.........

9. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 5, 2009
    I'm probably the only person that wants to see the continued extermination of the Mon cals, huh?

10. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    :eek:

And Welcome here. :)

11. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Not to mention being Stazi's good ol' buddy before he perished.

12. kttch809

kttch809 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2005
    Legacy #32 and #33 are discussed in the comics department of Insider #107.

[hl=black]The Mon Cal resistance gets a name: Mon Calamari Rangers. Treis Sinde[/hl] and a new character [hl=black]"Sith scientist Vul Isen"[/hl]will appear in this arc.

We will see "[hl=black]Imperial sea troopers, demonsquids and similar underwater monsters[/hl]". We get a look at two 3d models that Omar Francia designed for artistic reference -- a new [hl=black]AT-AT swimmer and the sharks, which are essentially "underwater TIEs"[/hl]. Francia also mentions two other vehicles -- [hl=black]the krakana, which is a "fish-like battleship with four long tentacle arms" as well as the "acklay mobile fortress", which "has six mechanical crab-like limbs and a big bridge-head"[/hl], the latter of which, I think is on the last page of the preview.

Francia also discusses how he went about making individual Mon Cals "recognizable and expressive", and says that they are his favorite aliens. After being asked if he thinks Legacy will hit 100 issues, John says, "it may take 100 issues to get Cade anywhere near straightened out!"

13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Very nice. :cool:

I have a hunch that the [hl=black]Krakana[/hl] is a mobile base of operations for the Mon Cal Rangers. ;)

Omar really does do a fantastic job giving each Mon Cal a individual look. I remember thinking that the first time I read #20 and saw the smile on Gial Gahan's face.

--Adm. Nick

14. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    As for that last new vehicle, why do I get the image of that Quarren crab turbolaser thing from the Clone Wars Cartoon in my mind? The one that Kit Fisto and the Mon Cals destroyed?

15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Ooh, nice spoilers from the Insider. Just another few days until the issue comes out. Looking forward to all the new designs. Although I think the Mon Cal Rangers were already mentioned in the summary for a future issue.

And hm, 100 issues- heh, sounds about right, it probably would take that long to make Cade clean his act up, considering we're 30 issues in, and Cade's still running from his destiny and his responsibility as a Skywalker.

Although, a funny image just came to mind- imagine if Pellaeons could float? That would be an awesome image.

16. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Awesome image? You mean FREAKING SWEET IMAGE!!!=D=[face_dancing]

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    We need a Mod to sticky this...

Tomorrow, the Mon Calamari Strike Back! :D

I am (not suprisingly to anyone on these boards that knows me) quite excited to see the Mon Cal Rangers and their resistance to the Sith occupation and genocide. I would also like to see if the GA or Jedi are actively helping the Mon Cals, even in a small way. Of course, they are cut off from anyone who can help. They are also very lucky that Treis Sinde was forced to remain behind on Dac. Had he left with Sigel Dare and the rescued GA pilots, odds are the Mon Cals may of been without aid for some time.

--Adm. Nick

18. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    This sounds teh cool.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Awesome issue- I hadn't seen the preview so the whole opening battle was great. I liked the Sharks and I really liked the Acklay Base. Also later on it was neat to see the AT-AT cockpit swimmer. That Imperial Knight had some sweet moves too (I love his little footplant-launch).

Also, [hl=black]it's interesting to see them return to the Leviathan concept- the way the things on it's back work remind me of the Dark Reaper/Force Harvester in organic form. It's been a really long time since I've read Jedi Academy: Leviathan or the issue of DLOTS or TSW that had the Leviathan in it- but did it have that ability in those appearances or is that something new?[/hl]

20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    [hl=black]I have not seen the new issue yet, but from what you describe the answer is yes, it had those in JA: Leviathan. The ones in JA had these little orb like blisters that trapped people's souls and needed to be freed. When they got slashed with lightsabers, you saw their "ghosts" float off. I don't believe the issue ever explicitly showed someone getting pulled into a blister and trapped, but that was presumably the implication.

The one in DLOTS we didn't really get a chance to find out either way though given Exar Kuni basically blasted it back to hell with his new amulet the second it awoke. :p

I really like how once again Legacy has maintained a healthy degree of internal foreshadowing, what with how we saw the leviathans randomly mentioned in connection to Muur, but now returning again in the flesh to plague Dac.[/hl]

21. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    I won't be getting this issue until sometime next week. Any chance of showing a pic of these monsters please? :) Thanks.

22. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    That thing hasn't been confirmed as one of those has it?

23. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    The creature in DLOTS wasn't a Leviathan. It was a Sith Wyrm.

24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Either, everyone is snowed-in, or...
    this issue is really slow and lame. :p Usually by now on a release day, we've had the whole thing broken down by ten different posters.

And yes,
    yes my comic store was closed due to the snow.

:mad:

Nah. I'm down with wiping them all out. I always hated Ackbar anyways... blame that, on all the YTMND and "ITS A TWAP" foolishness. :p

And welcome to the Boards.

25. Darth_Nihl

Darth_Nihl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2008
    Spoilers....?
    Please!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.