main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #4: Noob

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Gee...Q_M, based off of McEwok's comment, I'm surprised you're not suggesting that Hondo is Boba Fett's great-great-great-grandson. ;)

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    o_O

An offspring of Fett wouldn't have taken on that slimy Davy-Jones-Sith that lightly...

:p

No, seriously, this is nonsense... [face_tired]

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I didn't suspect Jones was completely animated. I mean, I suspected, but thought nah, couldn't be. Oh boy was he. You can always tell by their jerky movements, no matter how 3D they are, but this Mindflayer was slow moving. Well done for fooling me, it's so rare. =D=

A question: it's been said this Quarren Sith issue is a pause in the regular Broken arc. Is that right? Were there delays so they cobbled this together---the art looks rushed and early-'90s, after all. Or is this a deliberate side arc we're following along.

Just wondering.

4. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    I dunno whether the story of Noob will be continued, but I can tell you about the art: it's simply not Jan doing the art, it's by Travel Foreman.

5. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Not quite, but you're getting close...

As per R_F's request though, I'll leave it at that.

[face_laugh]

That would make for an awesome Tales comic.:p

Forget about his missing wound, I want to know what's up with his missing stripes.[face_thinking]

I don't know. The thought never actually occurred to me, actually.8-}

What he said (no offense to Hondo).[face_cowboy]

6. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001

Oh dear. I'm very taken with that. I don't think DH/LFL (or even Jan) will let me do aything with that but. . .I like that a lot. He ha a shuttle that goes ta-pocketa ta-pocketa. . .

-- John

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> A question: it's been said this Quarren Sith issue is a pause in the regular Broken arc. Is that right? Were there delays so they cobbled this together<<

As I understand it, this was a "pause" in the Broken arc that was planned for awhile- though it was originally going to be issue #5 instead of issue #4. They bumped it up slightly, I'm assuming, to allow Jan some more time on the upcoming issues.

8. jfostrander

Jul 16, 2001
    Actually, it was going to be done AFTER the fist arc to give Jan more breathing room with the schedule. There's been a LOT of design work, as you can guess, in launching LEGACY plus she and i both have had to get used to how our new ast moves, acts, and talks. Issue 4 was selected because the end of issue 3 provides the most natural break allowing the story to be inserted. Issues 4-6 happen one right after the other and -- if we've done it right -- should really build. Having a fill-in during those issues would be far more disruptive. Thus 4 was chosen.

-- John

9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Not likely, as he mentions the possibility of coming back "as much machine as man." So he's missing something. We never see him below the waist, again...below the chest, actually. He's likely missing a leg, but he's clearly standing for the rest of the comic.

10. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Were those E-wings in the beginning of the issue?

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    That was Quest, actually. ;)

12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Looked to me to be some sort of lander.

13. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Umm, yeah...[face_plain] :oops:[face_blush]

14. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    That's what I thought at first, but they pan out and we can see him on a stretcher (repulsor-gurney?) and both feet appear to be in the right position. Seems odd that if his injury involved a missing foot -in this galaxy of attaching bionics instead of re-attaching limbs- they would carefully set his leg just so on the stretcher.

15. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Sounds like a case of the writer not communicating effectively with the artist.

Maybe he's just missing a chunk of his side?

OooOOooh! One more thing: That medical droid? First new model of droid we've been shown in Legacy.

16. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Just sat down and read it, rather than merely paging through it. Didn't care for it at all. Looks like the stormies of this New Empire are a completely different animal from those of old. Bleh.

Well, every issue can't be above average. Still looking forward to #5.

17. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    What makes you say that?
    This one wasn't written by Ostrander.

18. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    They can hit a mark?

19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    What?

20. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Okay. So this pause issue, is that part of the Broken storyline, or will it and it's subsequent issues have a different name?

21. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    My copy of the comic begs to differ. Certainly not drawn by Jan, but unless you know something I don't, I'd tend to trust the inside of the front cover, where it says, "Script: John Ostrander."

Edit:
    I'm pretty sure this isn't part of Broken. I can't get my first three issues out to verify, but I'm pretty sure they all say something to the effect of "Broken, Part 1 of 6." This issue does not; it just identifies itself as "Noob." So I'd say it isn't part of Broken, and the Broken numbering will resume with "Broken, Part 4 of 6" in Legacy #5.

I think the real question is whether or not "Noob" will find its way into the Broken TPB. I'm rather guessing not. They seem to like six-issue arc TPBs, so I'd say "Broken" will be collected as the first TPB, and "Noob" will be saved for a subsequent one. As it doesn't appear to tie in very strongly to the Broken arc, I'd say that's not a tremendous loss, as I enjoyed the first half of Broken much more than Noob (though it had its moments) and will probably read my issues of Broken straight through in future.

-Paul

-Paul

22. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

So the Mindflayer Sith issue is a one-off, or with cousins on the way? It's not easy doing 6 issues back to back. That's a lot of months. Many of the 6-issue-TPBs of the old Ongoing series was artist changed midway.

23. jfostrander

Jul 16, 2001
    Small corrections --

I DID write issue 4. The fill-in is of artist. I'm trying to do ALL the scripts right now; we're just launching the series so I'd like to maintain some control. Jan has input on all the scripts, btw. The process is full script which means that I write the thing up and then it goes to the artist. I may or may not see some or all of the art before it's published and I almost never see it through the fully colored stage.

Isue 4 is NOT part of the "Broken" arc. Isue 5 will be part 4 of "Broken". I don't know if NOOB will be included in the first TPB but, if so, it will not (or should not) be inserted between Parts 3 and 4. IF NOOB isn't part of the first TPB, I'd suspect it will be part of he second. But it's Randy Stradley who makes those decisions.

-- John

24. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Ex, you're making baby Ewoks cry.

25. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Whoops. My bad. I was under the impression that this issue was by a completely different team, not just the art. Anyway, I just forwarded that as a possible explanation for why 000 thought it not as good as the others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.