main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #43 "Vongspawn" | Monster, part 1 (of 4)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/img/vault/books/news20090908/legacy_bg.jpg]

Star Wars: Legacy #43 "Vongspawn" Written by John Ostrander; Pencils and Cover by Jan Duursema; Inks by Dan Parsons; Colors by Brad Anderson On sale December 23; 40 pages

After their narrow escape from their last piratical endeavor, Cade and the crew of the Mynock aren't looking for another job. But when the pirate Rav surprises them with an amazing offer, it may be too good to refuse!

Meanwhile, as the Jedi tentatively join the growing alliance against the Sith Empire, Master Wolf Sazen decides it's time he look again for his wayward former Padawan --Cade Skywalker...

2. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Whoa! So much to take in from that solicitation! Yuuzhan Vong in Legacy = [:D] :D [face_dancing] . I've been hoping that the "Wolf Sazen believing Cade to be the key to the galaxy" thread would be picked up again; we haven't really seen it since Ghosts. And Wolf 'N Kol battling Vongspawn? Really. F'ing. Cool.

Is this a standalone? It seems like it could be an arc. Well, it seems like a connected series of standalones, anyway, with the Jedi-joining-the-Alliance plotline being carried over from the last issue. This will probably be a really well-connected trade. Can't wait to read it, although it will be a long, long time from now.

3. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    For serious, if I invented time travel, I would waste it on this. Can't wait for more Wolf, maybe he'll snag Cade this time around.

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    If you're going to use time travel for this, you might as well at least go for the TPB it'll be collected in. Then you get the stuff that will be released after it too.

That aside, if this has more flashbacks, I'm quite interested in seeing them.

5. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Yeah, I'm very interested to see if this sheds any light on any of the masters from the order. But I'll be happy if it just involves Wolf and Kol, two very intriguing characters.

6. Darth_Nihl

Darth_Nihl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2008
    [face_praying] *Praying for flashbacks!*

Also, it's nice to see Rav used again. Gotta love his lack of morality!

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It's Kol! It's young Sazen! It's... some sort of viper! [face_dancing]

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Best title ever. [face_laugh]

9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    WOLF! KOL! VONG/OSSUS PROJECT! WOLF! KOL! JEDI JOINING THE FIGHT! RAV! WOLF! KOL! WOLF! KOL'S SIDEBURNS!

BFATROTDF JOKE!

Oh, hell yeah.:cool:

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    You're right Quest, "Some Sort of Viper" would be the best title ever. :D

11. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Aww, sweet, glorious flashback.

Yeah, my eyes lit up just seeing it.

12. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Of the 10 or so posts so far the most surprising thing has been that no one has said anything about Kol's funky jumpsuit. Anyone else think it's out of place, and makes Kol look like a tool? I mean if it was a darker color than the yellow it is it'd be better, but come on.

Otherwise I'm going to be looking forward to it.

13. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    haha, some Elton John stuff right there.

14. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    It's not yellow; it's more of a light, bright tan. It's (sadly) the same outfit he's always been shown wearing.

15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yay, more Jedi! Yay Wolf Sazen! Yay Kol Skywalker! Yay anti-Sith alliance! :) Now the only thing I didn't care about was hearing more about Cade and what sounds like another disaster in the making. Oh well, at least we'll have a long non-Cade break between the end of Tatooine and this issue. So, Wolf decides to go look for his former Padawan... again. Wonder if anything Wolf says will have an effect on Cade this time ([sarcasm]since their training last time worked out so well[sarcasm]). Oh well, who cares about Cade, its awesome to hear about Wolf Sazen again, its been far too long since we last saw him.

So, only one issue-arc, huh? It'll be nice to read this over Christmas (and hopefully neither this nor KotOR will be delayed).

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Man-cleavage is back. Deal with it.

17. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    :D

Excited that the Jedi are coming back into play.

But when the pirate Rav surprises them with an amazing offer, it may be too good to refuse!

Wasn't Rav talking to Darth Maladi a while back? o_O

18. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Nice cant wait :)

19. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    With those mutton chops, all Kol needs is some gold chains and a speech bubble with "Heeeyyyyy" and his conversion into Fonzie would be complete.

:p

But the solicit sounds waaayyyy fun.

20. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Don't be ridiculous. Kol's not Fonzie. He's Kolverine.
    [image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/simplytoys/Bowen/0730StatueWolverineUnmasked2.jpg]

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Or Kolshee.

[image=http://www.catskillcomics.com/fleming/banshee.jpg] [image=http://galaxiesandcomics.com/marvel/images/Banshee%202.jpg]

22. S1thari

S1thari Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 13, 2008
    LOL. I was just about to say his jumpsuit reminded me of some old school Marvel X-Men comic, especially with the open-collar. Definitely a sharp contrast to the normal Jedi garb.

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Vongspawn, eh?

So I guess we're finally going to learn that Nei Rin is Morrigan's third identity? [face_whistling]

Beat me to it. I'd be interested in whether or not Jan intended for Kol to look like the physical offspring of Jean Grey and Wolverine. Either way, he's badass. :p

Badass enough to pull off that jumpsuit any day of the week.

24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    So I have a Rogue issue, a Stazi issue, and a Kol issue all in a row?

Me likey. My likey alot. [face_dancing] :D

I was just thinking the other day that I miss the whole Wolf Sazen/Cade Skywalker dynamic. Plus I am a Kol Skywalker fanboy, so seeing more of Kol is ALWAYS a good thing. Good to see that the Jedi are still coming out of the woodworks and joining the anti-Sith coalition.

--Adm. Nick

25. ThisIsMadness91

ThisIsMadness91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 19, 2009
    Rav turned Jariah and Deliah over to the Sith, right? The Sith inflicted horrible, unspeakable pain upon them, right?

They're not gonna take him up on his offer, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.