main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #43 "Vongspawn" | Monster, part 1 (of 4)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    As much as I love the information in the preview...

-when I first saw the title I was hoping for only a Vong/Sekot issue with their side entering into alliance with Jedi/Fel/Stazi.

-when I then saw the cover I was hoping it would only be a Kol/Wolf(/Morrigan?) flashback issue.

But it looks like Cade and Rav are thrown in there, and I'm guessing Maladi trying to enact revenge by drawing the crew of the Mynock into a trap.

Which is a good plot. But having only a Kol issue or only a Vong issue would be so much cooler! I do hope we see the Vong more in the Legacy era, and that we see more of Kol's life since right now he is still rather two-dimensional and mysterious.

Because Morrigan/Nyna would NOT have married a two-dimensional character. I know there is more to Kol than being Luke 2.0, he's not a perfect Jedi, Cade has probably just been unconsciously idolizing his father.

If Wolf teaches Cade that Kol was imperfect too, like how Cade has been imperfect and so have Luke and Bem, and after Luke's conversation with Cade on Tattoine, that may lead to Cade finally finishing his Jedi training. That possibility, I am looking forward too.

2. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    coughyagecoughveedcough

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Veed has been shown to be rather politically dumb so far, driven by blind ambition, even if he is a military genius. We'll be seeing him develop beyond a 2-D character, I think, with him becoming Regent. And they never married.

Yage is a 3-D character. He hated the Sith-Imperial War and civil war and despises Nyna for it, he was drunk for a week after the Ossus Massacre and Krayt's coup. My prediction is that he is Roan's spy. He is Gunner's dad, so we will be seeing more of him.

But both of those men are partners for NYNA CALIXTE, the public personality of the Intelligence Moff.

MORRIGAN CORDE, on the other hand, privately fell in love with and secretly married Kol Skywalker. That seems to have been a true matter of the heart.

4. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Why do people think that he's one of the good guyd just because he was drunk for a week? And then there's the fact that Starbuck's conversation with Cade isn't that clear, either; "Jedi are bad, I'm positively sure that it was good to wipe you out." "You killed children, too!" "Oh yeah, my father, who was there, felt bad about it. But somehow, five seconds ago I was totally oblivious to the merest idea that attacking the Jedi might have had a bad component."

I think he'll be a 3D character if he's shown doing some character development by himself, not by distant memory of a character who's not holding a clear position. Who knows, maybe he was drinking to celebrate.

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Maladi is pulling Rav's strings... brilliant.

6. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Flashbacks...Vong...Maladi...Rav... this is the second time today this has happened...soooo...much...info...for...one...issue... 8-} =P~

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I do love how Legacy does this: Just does a load of single-issue stories that add up to a deceptively major amount of momentum as the pieces assemble.

8. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Kol's getup:

LOOK Ma, it's a bird!
    Isn't that a T-16 Skyhopper?

Nope. Thats just Kol with worse pants than his son.
    :p

9. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    That's Kol to a T. Jedi even have the ability to do a Force scream. He's Sean Cassidy.

10. DragonMaster_85

DragonMaster_85 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2007
    ^ I'd love to see a flashback were Kol actually uses a Force-scream!

No, but Cade would.:rolleyes:

Love the Vong. Love Kol, Wolf, and the Jedi. Not enthused with the Cade stuff.

11. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I bet Kol had fighting claws somewhere on his body. Ask Nei Rin who put them in ;)

I'm excited for this, but I better not get my hopes up because the EU comics haven't delivered top-notch Yuuzhan Vong plot twists just yet. Ghosts of Ossus was pretty climactic, however.

12. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    You've got us--the whole concept for Kol Skywalker was 'what if Luke Skywalker and Banshee had a baby'...

And here I thought you'd never guess...:p8-}

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    You should know by now, NUTHing gets past us JayDee...
    :p

14. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Preview's up

Cade, Sun and some other criminals do stuff. Yeah, again... I really hope that after two brilliant issues it won't turn out as boring as Tatooine, but...

15. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    On the down side the comic features Cade.:p On the up side the comic features Queen Jool![face_mischief]

16. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Mmm...Zeltrons...

17. Liliedhe

Liliedhe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2009
    I think, I just failed my sanity check... O.O

18. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    :eek: MORGUKAI!!!![face_dancing] =D= [face_dancing] =D= :D

19. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Heh... this issue takes me back to the Marvel days with all the Zeltrons.

Nice to see Queen Jool again. [face_mischief]

Silly Nikto. :p

I can see this being the end of Rav. He's working with Maladi, after all, isn't he? I don't see Cade being very happy if he, one can assume, is the guy who probably sends Cade off on a suicide mission to Wayland.

20. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Is that Queen Jool wearing the Hutt version of a Hawaii skirt? =P~

21. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Man why do you guys hate on Cade sooo much?? Just because he complains about his burdens is as common as Han Solo being a scoundrel..its part of his personality! Anakin, and Luke complain almost throughout the OT and the PT!! to all you Cade haters..just chill!

ps.. Love the preview!

Shadojoker

22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, Cade and company are on vacation... again. Maybe I should wait until the next GA issue is announced, hm... and my lack of interest is partially because I could care less about Cade by now, and also... well, sometimes it seems like we're stuck in a cycle- Cade goes off to hide/vacation at a friend's place... wonder if Jool will kick him out like Bantha did anytime soon. Wonder what Cade used the Force for there- probably just some frivolous thing, although it'd be funny if Wolf Sazen did show up to scold him. Wolf was mentioned in the teaser, hope he does something this arc (he hasn't done much since... Ghosts, I think).

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Huh. Zeltron men.

That Morguikai page was a riot. Excellent preview page. [face_laugh]

24. ThisIsMadness91

ThisIsMadness91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 19, 2009
    *looks at second panel* So Cade's as big a sleemo as always, I see...

I don't get how he insulted the Nikto. Is the dot in his speech bubble supposed to be an insult in their language?

25. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Yes, it was. But then, it's not tough to insult a Morgukai. They're touchy little [face_alien_1]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.