Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 8, 2009.
It gets better. If you're the reader.
Worse -- if you're the characters. <g>
How so? Based upon Cade's actions for 43 issues, I thought it was quite acurate.
So I've checked 3 comic book stores near me, the latest today, and NONE of them have this issue.
I'm really tempted to read the spoilers... is it good enough to keep on waiting?
Because in the context of what actually happened in this issue ( and not the 43 preceding ones ), Cade obviously was trying to warn off Blue of himself, because he sees himself as being in a dark place and a danger to her.
Operation: Thunderstroke sounds like the name of a porno starring Bantha Rawk.
Okay, here goes:
1. I love that they're showing the fall-out from the vongforming in the NJO and Yuuzhan Vong/Jedi alliance post-NJO.
2. Even better - seeing younger Kol and learning more about the Ossus project. He strikes me as a compassionate man and a true defender and protector. What a Jedi should be.
3. The gray landscape then the world full of life were a beautiful contrast.
4. Little Shado and Cade!
5. Kol and Nei Rin, eh? I knew it! LOL!
6. Cade may have been an argumentative teenager (aren?t they all?) but he seems to have been a good kid who idolized his father.
7. The pink-ish-red coloring on the flashback pages for the fall of the Ossus project was eerie. Gave it a true sense of horror.
8. The Myneyrshi wanted life-for-a-life payment from Kol. Wonder if they still do? Could get ugly when Cade gets there.
9. Bottom two panels on page 5 where the conversation with Wolf transitions from young Cade to adult Cade: BEST. Segue. EVER!!
10. Cade?s comment about preserving his father?s dream and not making a liar out of him (Kol) was haunting. It?s something young Cade would have said, but was spoken as if from him as an adult. Very poignant.
11. LOVE Wolf?s new spacer look.
12. The Jedi council finally wants to DO something. Woot!
13. Tentative GA/Jedi alliance.
14. Upcoming Jedi/Roan Fel meeting.
15. Wolf going to look for Cade harkens back to Broken in a coming-full-circle type of feel.
17. Love all the different hair colors and styles for the Zeltron women.
18. Cade in a flowery loincloth-thingy. *dies* Just?.*dies*
19. ?Zeltrons do this all the time.? ?SANE Zeltrons? Live, sane Zeltrons?? And the look on Syn?s face?
20. Syn in a loincloth-thingy.
21. Jool?s new place and outfit!
22. Jool eating a frog a la Jabba.
23. Blue is adorable.
24. I love how she?s all ?Look what MY man can do!? to the other ladies.
25. Rav?s so pirate-y bad, he?s fun.
26. LOL @ Cade being ?expensive to keep.? He does make a mess most everywhere, doesn?t he?
27. The non-English dialogue was neat.
28. Lethal drink umbrella FTW.
29. Cade fighting in the flowery loincloth thingy. (I love you, Jan!)
30. ?I don?t hunt Jedi.? Cade isn?t making huge life changes fast, but this is a change from the man we met back in Broken.
31. Rav is won over WAY too quick. The transparency of his ?job? cover story was almost funny. Cade shoulda known then.
32. Lookit Veed being all Regent-ly. And a JERK.
33. A spy, eh?
34. Veed knocking Nyna around ? Oh, no, he DID-un?t!! Did everyone else see the look on her face? To quote my husband, she?s gonna go Morrigan Corde on his arse and I want a bucket of popcorn and front row seats when it happens.
35. Is Sigel playing a Nintendo DS? (Kidding! )
36. Azlyn?s new suit! Looks good. Glad to see her up and about again.
38. Master Chalk. I wanna know more about this guy asap. What happened to him and why does he understand more about the Jedi than Fel?
39. Young Cade and Wolf interaction. The glimpses into the past are great!
40. I like Wolf a lot, but he?s very much a?pacifist, I guess that?s the right word. ?What will happen is what is meant to happen.? That?s fine and all, but when lives are in the balance?I can?t blame Cade for being less than impressed with Jedi philosophy. I mean, why lie down and take it when you can fight back?
41. Shirtless Kol! (I don?t know about overall demographics, Manisphere, but there are a lot of girls HERE who read Legacy. )
42. Kol talking to Nyna, and young Cade can tell they know each other. I guess Morrigan wasn?t kidding in the Tatooine arc when she said Kol really did know her.
43. Bottom two panels of that page ? another great segue.
44. The present time/flashbacks in this issue are so seamless, it?s amazing!
Great list of things Jedi Trace. But in terms of #42, when I first read the issue I thought it was Cade thinking that as well. By the second read through I started to think it was Wolf thinking that to himself while remembering the events at Wayland. By the third read through I was convinced that those were Wolf's thoughts on Kol's interaction with Nyna. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the arc Wolf comes to the realization that Nyna and Morrigan are one in the same.
I'm not even gonna ask to extrapolate.
So, did you see the scene in question yet?
Looking at it myself, while Cade doesn't really seem to regret going back to deathsticks, he is trying to warn Deliah that she wouldn't like what he'd tell her if he opened up.
On a lighter note, it's nice to see that Azlyn's looking better than when we last saw her.
I did read the scene in question, yes.
Then its a legitimate different interpretation of the scene, I guess.
Fatalistic, not pacifist. Wolf would put that lightsaber away if he would be a pacifist. And this fatalistic side of him came up already when Cade saved his life. Wolf seems to believe in fate and destiny as much Vader in OT.
I'm positively surprised, reading this issue reminded me of the fun that Legacy used to be for me. I wouldn't say that it's "back on track" just because of one issue, but one can hope.
Two minor complaints... Azlyn not needing a helmet anymore takes much of the damage that Cade did away. Seeing how the series isn't there to make characters happy (and yeah, I know, she still needs her armor all the time), this was a huge step towards bringing the character back to normality. This Chalk guy was interesting, though. The other complaint... why is that speeder so close to the window of the Imperial Regent's office? (I'd say it fulfills the purpose of showing that this window is high up above Coruscant's streets, but in-universe...)
A big thumps up for Kol's outfit, which helped make Legacy's past feel like something coming out of Bantam's era. I personally could have done without the bare chest, but if it helps the demographic...
Seeing how she's profiting from the whole war thing makes me question the accuracy of the description "decent"...
Personally, I like it. Legacy needs a bit more optimism, in my opinion.
True . But at least she isn't actively trying to keep the war going, or feeding people to Rancors.
I wonder if the new Imperial Knight is not Treis Sinde with an error of colorization.
Mr Ostrander, Mrs Duursema ??
I haven't actually seen the final product yet but Treis Sinde IS supposed to be in it. If he isn't the right shades then, yes, he was miscolored.
Like I said, chalk it up to a bad batch of the GFFA's "wash-away-the-grey". That would be the retcon to end all retcons.
Bah, I still have to wait two more days to get this issue!
My LCS still doesn't have it. It is killing me to not read spoilers and participate in the discussions. Based on the non-spoiler feedback I have seen, it sounds like this was a very solid and exciting issue!
*Wanders off to grumble more about not having issue*
It's obvious that Master Sinde' has started using Imperial Formula for Knights to impress Master Rae?
Growing noses aside Jan, does that make it *official?
I soooo want to run on over to the Wook and make an edit to Master Sinde's page.
Thanks for creeping me out just now .
Be sure you mention that Treis Sinde always wanted to date a hot cyber-girl.
Got the issue, today, great and very interesting issue! Very fun and fresh to read, this arc is going to be a game-changer!
-I love how the flashbacks progressed from gray to green to red, as the situation on Wayland changed
-To finally see the Ossus Project, and its sabotage, shows how much of a tragedy it was and just how evil Krayt and Maladi are
-Kol and Nei Rin seem very cozy with one another... whatever happened to her? Is she at the Hidden Temple, did she go back to Sekot?
-Didn't Marasiah already initiate the alliance between the Jedi and the Fel Empire back in the Hidden Temple arc? Maybe she just laid the diplomatic groundwork. I hope we get to see her soon.
-I like Wolf's new look
-So many hints of future death with Wolf, Cade, Jariah, Deliah...
-Rav is definitely doing this for Maladi. I have a feeling neither of them will live much longer, either.
-Veed's source was probably Maladi as well, she is head of Sith Intelligence, rival to Nyna since #8, and it would connect the 2 plots on Wayland and Coruscant/Agamar
-Nice to see Azlyn doing a lot better, I think it's the first time we've seen her in full Imperial Knight armor too. Nice to see almost all the Imperial Knights together too. Why does Roan trust Antares Draco so much?
-Hogrum Chalk is an interesting character. Bad accident. Former Imperial Knight. Former Jedi?
-Cade looked scary on that last page. He's still tramautized by it. I think it's safe to say Cade and Deliah's relationsip will have definitely changed by the end of this arc. He needs to learn how to depend on his loved ones instead of on death sticks.
The part with Veed saying "I hear there is a spy among us" with all the other High Moffs behind him, I actually found to be quite funny. Which one of them is not a possible spy?!? Geist is the only one we don't know much about. The Chiss moff has been hinted to have helped hide Fel in Chiss space before he took Bastion. Nyna/Morrigan already helped Fel escape Coruscant in the first place, and definitely isn't happy with things now. Konrad Rus has been shown to have been playing both sides, and seems very unhappy with Wyyrlok's new plans for the Mission. Yage, who Veed is putting in charge of the Agamar operation, was deeply upset by the Ossus Massacre and the Coup, and I feel he has the strongest chance of being the spy after what Gunner revealed. As for Geist, we know he liked it better when there was no Emperor, back in the Remnant. It wouldn't surprise me if they ALL turn out to be spies, and Veed is the only one dumb enough not to realize which way the galaxy is leaning right now.
Also, Veed is absolutely a "dead man walking" right now. I can't believe how much he verbally and even physically abused her. Nyna might take it for now... but nobody breaks up with Morrigan Corde!
Interesting that Kol and Nyna met, especially with her as Nyna, in front of Cade too. Ironic that she just happened to be in orbit over Wayland when it was sabotaged... I still want to know why she struck that deal with the Sith, if she knew what would happen with the Ossus Project, what her true goals are. Kol knew her, and still loved her. Should we trust Kol's judgment?
I have a feeling that Cade will discover it's his destiny to use his healing power to undo Maladi's sabotage and restore the Ossus Project. Wolf Sazen will show him finally how to use his healing power without tapping into the dark side.