main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #47: The Fate of Dac

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xicer, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWLegacy47.jpg]

STAR WARS: LEGACY #47 - THE FATE OF DAC
    John Ostrander (W), Jan Duursema (P), Dan Parsons (I), Brad Anderson (C), and Sean Cooke (Cover)
    On sale Apr 28
    FC, 40 pages
    $2.99
    Ongoing

The Sith poison the waters of the ocean planet of Dac in an effort to wipe out every living thing ? but Admiral Gar Stazi isn't ready to abandon the native Mon Calamari without an attempt at evacuation.

Time is against him, and securing the assistance of his new Imperial allies will decide whether this rescue is a success...or a suicide!

The Rogue Squadron returns!

Kriff yes!!! And that cover is just so beautiful...

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    :eek:

New Imperial allies? Is that different to Fel?

GO FOR IT STAZI!!!

3. Celeste_Morne

Celeste_Morne Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2008
    I hope it's still Fel, but it'd be a cool plot twist if it was Yage or somebody. More Mon Cals - Legacy is really becoming a Mon Cal Tale! Cool stuff, nice to see a sense of continuity to the oneshots. When Legacy reaches many more issues, a mini-omnibus/tradepaperback of all the Stazi/Mon Cal issues would be really cool.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Incidentally, this is the perfect Sith strategy. It'll destroy the Mon Calamari resistance, draw the GA into a trap... and resolve the entire situation and leave the GA with a dead world even if they lose... and if they don't, well, it's over.

I imagine that Sith Scientist and Maleval will reappear in this. Intriguing, intriguing.

5. Celeste_Morne

Celeste_Morne Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2008
    I'd like to see the dynamic between Maleval and the Sith Scientist - it would be interesting to see how their 'One Sith' relationship develops.

6. Jedi_Earnhardt

Jedi_Earnhardt Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2006
    Sweet cover -- Jan doesn't draw to many Stazi/Galactic Alliance issues. I'm excited to see her rendition of these characters.

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Maleval? Didn't he die in Noobs?

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Azard, even. You know what I meant. :p Keeping Maleval, as an aside, as a continuous character, would have made him exceptional fun about now...

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Oh sweet Jesus yes!!! :D

This issue sounds freaking awesome. It's chalk full of everything that I love- Stazi, the Rogues, the GA, the Mon Cals- everything! Plus I FINALLY get to see see the talents of Jan Duursema used on a GA issue, which I have been waiting for. :)

Alot is riding on this battle. I am not sure how Stazi's forces and the Fel Imperials will evacuate an entire world, but I sure as hell hope they do it! Either that, or they find out some way to reverse the poison and save Dac.

I cannot wait until April!

--Adm. Nick

10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Now that is one beautiful cover. Sean Cooke covers are always excellent. Now that Krayt is dead, sounds like Wyyrlok decides to just get rid of the entire planetary population rather than killing the Mon Calamari one by one. Hope to see that Jedi from the last GA issue in this one, although not sure how many people Stazi can evacuate with his fleet. But that's probably where "his new Imperial allies" come in.

Either way, sounds all around awesome, could be my favorite issue of the year. Although not sure how much can be done in just one issue, since this sounds like just another one-issue GA arc (would be nice to have a multiple-isssue GA arc again, when was the last time that happened?), but after the last few GA issues, we've seen how much can happen in just one issue, so I have faith they'll manage it somehow.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That cover is AWESOME!

12. DarkScythe

DarkScythe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    I have a feeling Dak is being poised as Legacy's Alderaan a world wiped out by the evil empire.

If by some chance they reverse the poison I'd imagine Nei Rin might be showing up on the GA's side.

13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Sean Cooke is one of the real unsung heroes of Legacy. Nearly every Alliance and Imperial starship and fighter were designed by him.

This cover is tied with his gorgeous cover from issue #36. I still get chills at the sight of the Alliance leading a massive formation of GA warships and fighters. :D

--Adm. Nick

14. ThisIsMadness91

ThisIsMadness91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 19, 2009
    Good luck to you, Stazi!

15. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    They need to make that cover both a background and a poster.

16. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Still gazing at that cover (its so wonderful), but is it me, or is the Alliance flying upside down? Since we can see the bridge tower and all, and usually the bottom of a Star Destroyer has the hangar bay there, but can't find any pictures of the Alliance from the bottom. Although its nice to see guns on the both sides of the ship too, since most of the time with the Pellaeon-class, the bottom looks kind of bare compared to all the guns in the middle on top.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Quite and you're right, it does make for a damn cool image. What really excites though is from that cover, the Alliance has atmospheric capability! Have we ever seen a full Star Destroyer with that ability? Or has it always been there but little used until Gar "Adama" Stasi?

18. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    I think the Victory-class was able to land on a planetary surface than take off again. And if you count the Acclamator, way back in the first Clone Wars cartoon mini-series we saw it floating on Mon Calamari. Although, earlier in Legacy, during the Loyalties arc I think, didn't we see a Star Destroyer hovering above Rawk's home? That might count as atmosphere capability, although not entirely sure, and maybe it was further away than it looked.

And someday they really should print an artbook issue made up of these covers, especially the Cooke ones, they're all so magnificent. Or put it on a poster or calendar or something.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, I cede that issue to Fleet Junkies: Do Acclamators count as Star Destroyers?

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    That's what I'm thinking. Something Cade uncovers on Wayland could be used to reverse and heal the Sith-poisoned worlds, and maybe that same thing could be used to stop the poisoning of Dac in this issue. I know that the Cade and Stazi/Dac storylines will merge eventually, maybe with issue #50 almost here we'll begin to see that.

21. Krados

Krados Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Not that Sean Cooke isn't an amazing artist, he is in spades. Once again I am in love with his cover. And not that I don't want more Legacy because I want this thing to go on for years.

But enough Dac and Stazi! :( LOL. Seriously, who does Nic pay to get these stories so often?! ;)

I want more Sith baddies running around being evil! Or why not a day in the life? We could see Nihl doing all the boring things that have to keep a galazcy in check too, paperwork, inventory. ;) But if they did kill all of Dac and made it a wasteland....think of what a real game changer that would be.

22. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Jeez, I send Randy, John, and Jan on one little all expenses paid vacation to Cancun and suddenly I am the bad guy? :p

Joking aside, out of the 47 revealed issues, we have had only 10 or 11 issues devoted to the GA and Mon Cals. That is less than 25% of all Legacy issues.

Do that same math with the Cade/Sith issues, and you will see a MUCH different story... ;)

--Adm. Nick

23. KraytDragon_Killer

KraytDragon_Killer Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2009
    Dac story isn't finished yet and Gar Stazi is one of the most interesting characters in the Legacy issues.
    Stazi arcs are always good because they make we remember there are a war occuring in the galaxy.[face_thinking]

24. Krados

Krados Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh no, sir; I see what you're trying to do there!

I want Sith...not Cade and Sith. ;) He's a meddlesome brat who should have been taken care of long ago. I want some Omar and #27 style lovin' again. Though, re-reading the solicit, it does seem to indicate that the Sith do win and poson Dac. Hmmmmm.[face_thinking]

I guess I'll just have to send J,J,R on a trip to Bali.

25. ThisIsMadness91

ThisIsMadness91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 19, 2009
    Given my current feelings for Cade, I'll welcome as much Dac and Stazi as is given to us,

Though I would like to find out what the heck happened to Nihl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.